Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Convicted felon Donald Trump on Trial (Found guilty on 34 felony counts. 54 criminal count still in the air)

Cooked Crack

Will Trump be convicted in any of his cases?  

31 members have voted

1. 1. Will Trump be convicted in any of his cases?

• Yes. He's going 4 for 4. (including Georgia)
    • He's going to lose 3
    • Two for sure
    • He's only going to get convicted in one
    • No. He's going to skate

This poll is closed to new votes

1 hour ago, LadySkinsFan said:

Trump claims immunity in the Florida classified docs case too, so it doesn't surprise me that the supremes took the case. The District case doesn't apply to the entire US.

They're stringing it out though.

Fun fact: the crimes in the Florida classified docs case occurred after he was no longer president, therefore presidential immunity doesn't apply, even if there was such a thing, which there isn't.

And I will bring up an equally salient point.

Smith asked SCOTUS to take the case in December 2023.  The SCOTUS did not. 

If it is so important that SCOTUS has to rule on it, why not take the case back in December and dispose of arguments? 

That's the question that needs to be asked now.  It was ironic because in Trump's appeal, from the DC circuit.  his lawyer used Jack Smith's December arguments to the Supreme Court to get then to appeal. 

It is shady that they are fine to take it now, but not 2 months ago. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, China said:

Fun fact: the crimes in the Florida classified docs case occurred after he was no longer president, therefore presidential immunity doesn't apply, even if there was such a thing, which there isn't.

Trump is claiming immunity anyway and it needs to be put down. He's actually claiming that he gets immunity permanently.

SCOTUS has to have at least 4 votes to take up a case.  

Elie Mystal made a very poignant statement on Alex Wagner's show.  Alito & Thomas both want to be able to retire under a  Republican.  Therefore, they're actively working to get trump elected.  

• Sad 1
  • Thumb down 2

6 hours ago, China said:

Actually, he is claiming he declassified them all while he was still President so that makes it an official act.

*his argument, not saying it makes sense*

‘A manifest injustice’: Jack Smith warns of appeal if Mar-a-Lago judge won’t correct ‘clear error’ threatening to expose witness names

In a late Wednesday filing supporting the reconsideration of a key ruling, the Special Counsel’s Office reiterated that attorneys for Donald Trump are playing a dangerous game by insisting on naming all witnesses in his Mar-a-Lago prosecution.

Special Counsel Jack Smith called on U.S. District Judge Aileen Cannon to correct her “clear error” and to prevent “a manifest injustice,” writing that there is an “acutely palpable” risk that “harassment and retaliation that would likely follow from the public dissemination” of government witness names and their testimony in the case.

According to Smith, Trump lawyers’ motion to compel discovery led Cannon astray in early February, when she ruled that the Special Counsel’s Office “has not set forth a sufficient factual or legal basis warranting deviation from the strong presumption in favor of public access to the records at issue.”

Click on the link for the full article

• Like 2

Federal prosecutors propose pushing back Trump’s classified documents trial to July 8

Special counsel Jack Smith and attorneys for Donald Trump proposed moving the trial in the classified documents case against the former president later into the summer.

Smith said in court filings Thursday that he believes that Trump and his two co-defendants, political aide Walt Nauta and property staffer Carlos De Oliveira, should go to trial on July 8.

Attorneys for the three defendants proposed that Trump and De Oliviera’s trial begin on August 12, while Nauta’s trial begins September 9.

Cannon is going to have a hearing on this tomorrow.  We should know soon what the new trial date will be.  I'm surprised Trump's lawyers didn't pick a later date.  If the trial starts this summer, he could be convicted by early fall.

On 2/29/2024 at 6:43 AM, TheGreatBuzz said:

Actually, he is claiming he declassified them all while he was still President so that makes it an official act.

*his argument, not saying it makes sense*

Actually, that doesn't matter...his refusal to return the documents and his deliberate obstruction of justice all happened after he was no longer president.  And you're right, his arguments never make any sense lol...

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 1

Manhattan DA pushes back on Trump’s request to block Michael Cohen from testifying at hush money trial

Manhattan prosecutors say that Donald Trump’s effort to disqualify Michael Cohen as a witness at this month’s criminal trial related to hush money payments is “unprecedented” and unwarranted.

District Attorney Alvin Bragg’s office said in a filing Tuesday that it opposes several of the former president’s motions to prevent jurors from seeing certain evidence in the case, including Cohen’s testimony and the “Access Hollywood” tape.

Trump’s arguments read “more like a press release than a legal filing,” the district attorney’s office said.

“Defendant is entitled to zealous advocacy. He is not entitled to ‘alternative facts,’” the prosecutors added.

Trump is attempting to exclude testimony from Cohen, his former attorney, and evidence related to other alleged “catch and kill” schemes Trump’s circle executed ahead of the 2016 presidential election.

Cohen is a central witness in the case against Trump. Cohen facilitated a $130,000 hush money payment to adult film star Stormy Daniels just days before the 2016 election to stop her from going public about an alleged affair with Trump more than a decade earlier. Trump reimbursed Cohen and falsified business records to disguise it as a legal payment, prosecutors allege. Trump has pleaded not guilty and denied the affair.

Trump and his legal team asked Judge Juan Merchan to bar Cohen from testifying because he’s committed perjury more than once, most recently at Trump’s civil fraud trial.  (Cohen was not charged with perjury in that trial .)

Bragg’s team says the court should reject Trump’s argument that acknowledgements of guilt from Cohen and AMI do not injure their credibility but actually make them more reliable witnesses. Cohen’s guilty plea and the AMI non-prosecution agreement “explain why the witness possesses firsthand knowledge,” prosecutors say.

Bragg's motion also points out that in the civil trial Judge Engoron found Cohen to be a credible witness.

‘Always Get Even:’ 10 Quotes Trump’s Lawyers Don’t Want Jurors to See

Donald Trump has long boasted about his business acumen and relationships with women, but now his lawyers are trying to prevent those comments from coming back to haunt him at trial.

Trump is trying to keep Manhattan state prosecutors from telling the jury at the upcoming hush-money case about 94 different statements Trump has made, including in the infamous “Access Hollywood” tape. 

Here’s some of the statements Trump’s lawyers don’t want the jury to hear:

April, 26, 2018 “Fox and Friends” 
“Michael [Cohen] would represent me on some things. He represents me — like with this crazy Stormy Daniels deal he represented me. And, you know, from what I see he did absolutely nothing wrong. There were no campaign funds going into this.”

Oct. 2016 speech in Gettysburg, Pennsylvania
“They’re trying to poison the mind of the American voter. Every woman lied when they came forward to hurt my campaign, total fabrication, the events never happened, never. All of these liars will be sued after the election is over.”

May 3, 2018, Twitter post
“Mr. Cohen, an attorney, received a monthly retainer, not from the campaign and having nothing to do with the campaign, from which he entered into, through reimbursement, a private contract between two parties, known as a non-disclosure agreement, or NDA. These agreements are very common among celebrities and people of wealth.”

2004 “How to Get Rich”
“Be paranoid. I know this observation doesn’t make any of us sound very good, but let’s face the fact that it’s possible that even your best friend wants to steal your spouse and your money.”

2007 “Think Big: Make It Happen in Business and in Life”
“I used to say, ‘Go out and get the best people, and trust them.’ Over the years I have seen too many shenanigans, and now I say, ‘Get the best people, and don’t trust them.’ Do not trust them because if you don’t know what you are doing they are going to rob you blind. I know dozens of sophisticated business people who hired accountants and lawyers and others, and they trusted them. They got killed. They lost their businesses.”

2004 “How to Get Rich”

“All the women on ‘The Apprentice’ flirted with me — consciously or unconsciously. That’s to be expected. A sexual dynamic is always present between people, unless you are asexual.”

March 15, 2023, Truth Social post
“I did NOTHING wrong in the ‘Horse face’ case,” Trump said, referring to Daniels. “I see she showed up in New York today trying to drum up some publicity for herself. I haven’t seen or spoken to her since I took a picture with her on a golf course, in full golf gear including a hat, close to 18 years ago.”“Never had an affair with her, just another false acquisition by a Sleazebag. Witch Hunt!”

Click on the link for the rest

I hope these statements all come out in the trial. Plus Trump wants it televised for all to see him as he is, which given his narssisism means he thinks he's great. Personally, I want the audio only because then we can't see him mugging for the video. That takes away his visuals because his attorneys aren't going to let him say squat in any criminal courtroom. 

And if he does actually testify, the prosecution is prepared for that too and will bury him under perjury charges. 

In memory of my brother's birthday, Trump goes to criminal trial and he loses. My brother hated him.

• Like 2

FBI Tracked Donald Trump's Assistant, Court Filings Show

The FBI tracked the phone location of Donald Trump's personal assistant to prove he hid boxes of presidential documents before federal agents raided Trump's Florida estate, new documents show.

The former president is facing 40 federal charges over his handling of sensitive materials retrieved from his Mar-a-Lago estate in Palm Beach, Florida, after leaving the White House in January 2021. He is accused of obstructing efforts by federal authorities to return them. Trump has pleaded not guilty to all charges.

Walt Nauta, Trump's former personal assistant, and Carlos De Oliveira, a Mar-a-Lago maintenance worker, are accused of moving boxes of sensitive materials around Trump's Florida home to prevent federal agents from finding them and conspiring to delete security footage that had been sought under a subpoena.

In a filing to Judge Aileen Cannon Thursday, prosecutors requested the redaction of several documents, giving insight into the scale of the investigation into Nauta.

The filing shows agents obtained search warrants in Washington, D.C., for Nauta's "Verizon cell site data" and for his "Google location data."

The cell-site data would show which phone towers Nauta's phone was nearest to on the days he is accused of hiding documents in Mar-a-Lago. Similarly, the Google location data, also collected from Nauta's phone, would show his location at the time of the alleged crime.

• Thumb up 2

Just goes to show, you can find agreement somewhere.

I don't know if it'll get you rich, but it isn't wrong.

2004 “How to Get Rich”
“Be paranoid. I know this observation doesn’t make any of us sound very good, but let’s face the fact that it’s possible that even your best friend wants to steal your spouse and your money.”

~Bang

• Haha 2

Trump asks to delay New York hush money trial until the Supreme Court rules on presidential immunity several months from now

Attorneys for Donald Trump want to delay the start of his upcoming New York criminal trial until the US Supreme Court weighs in on presidential immunity, according to a new motion – a ruling that may not come until late June.

The criminal trial related to hush money payments made during the 2016 presidential campaign to adult film star Stormy Daniels is scheduled to begin with jury selection on March 25.

But Trump wants to wait until after the Supreme Court rules on immunity. The justices are not scheduled to hear that case until April 25, and a ruling may not come until the end of the court’s term in late June or early July.

“President Trump respectfully submits that an adjournment of the trial is appropriate to await further guidance from the Supreme Court, which should facilitate the appropriate application of the presidential immunity doctrine in this case to the evidence the People intend to offer at trial,” the motion made to New York Supreme Court Judge Juan Merchan states.

What a bunch of nonsense.  His criminal acts were committed before he was president.  He's just trying to get a delay any way he can.  

• Thumb up 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

Trump uses Judge Cannon's 'slow pace' in docs trial to request another delay

Former President Donald Trump has asked U.S. District Court Judge Aileen Cannon to grant a delay in the classified documents case against him.

In a four-page motion filed on Monday, Trump's attorneys said they needed more time to submit documents to the court. Court watchers blamed Cannon's "slow pace" for opening the door to additional delays.

"President Donald J. Trump respectfully submits this motion, on behalf of all of the Defendants, for an extension of the deadlines for filing certain reply submissions in support of pending pretrial motions," the motion said. "The Special Counsel's Office opposes this request."

Trump's attorneys said they did not have time to finish court submission because they had to travel to the Fort Pierce courthouse for a March 14 hearing.

The document also noted that Trump is being tried in New York "and the need to simultaneously devote attention to that case and this matter has been necessitated in part by the discovery violations and strategic scheduling demands of the Special Counsel's Office that have prejudiced President Trump in multiple respects."

"The Defendants have no intention of causing unnecessary delay in these proceedings," the attorneys insisted. 

New York Times legal correspondent Alan Feuer blamed Cannon's "slow pace" for the potential delay.

"Judge Cannon's slow pace in resolving the many pending motions in the Trump classified docs case has created a backlog that Trump's lawyers have now used as a reason to request further delays in filing reply briefs on their motions to dismiss," he wrote on X.

• Thumb down 1

No one to blame but yourself, Trump. If you hadn't committed so many felonies subject to trial in multiple jurisdictions, your lawyers might have more time. Your criminal acts don't absolve you of meeting trial dates.

• Like 2
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

23 minutes ago, LadySkinsFan said:

No one to blame but yourself, Trump. If you hadn't committed so many felonies subject to trial in multiple jurisdictions, your lawyers might have more time. Your criminal acts don't absolve you of meeting trial dates.

It really is insane.  It's not even like he is being tried for the same thing.   A non-psychopath would be dead from the stress of 4 Federal cases (but a non-psychopath doesn't act like this).  A typical criminal would likely plead out.  

I am still not sold that a President can stop all his criminal cases once he gets elected.  I will repeat myself that Jack Smith will ask for a ruling on that if Biden loses.... just the thought of that.

Oh and we just skipped over a Trump employee saying he moved documents to a plane headed to New Jersey?  I don't think New Jersey was raided, but there is speculation documents ended up there. 

• Thanks 1