Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Convicted felon Donald Trump on Trial (Found guilty on 34 felony counts. 54 criminal count still in the air)

Cooked Crack

Will Trump be convicted in any of his cases?  

31 members have voted

1. 1. Will Trump be convicted in any of his cases?

• Yes. He's going 4 for 4. (including Georgia)
    • He's going to lose 3
    • Two for sure
    • He's only going to get convicted in one
    • No. He's going to skate

This poll is closed to new votes

16 minutes ago, China said:

I think in theory he could get up to 4 years, although that'll never happen.

I"ve stated before I expect him to be sentenced to anywhere between 3 and 18 months, but he will be allowed to remain out pending appeal which could take another couple of years.  So don't expect to see Donny in jail anytime soon.

I read that each charge by itself was a max of 4 years, and he has 30+ charges

But I 100% agree that his sentence will be on the lighter side. Even if convicted on all counts he's not gonna get several years of jail time in my eyes.

9 minutes ago, FootballZombie said:

I read that each charge by itself was a max of 4 years, and he has 30+ charges

But I 100% agree that his sentence will be on the lighter side. Even if convicted on all counts he's not gonna get several years of jail time in my eyes.

Right, each charge has a maximum of 4 years.  They will run his sentences concurrently, not consecutively.

2 hours ago, Cooked Crack said:

Yep...

Text:

"As Todd Blanche was finishing his closing remarks in Trump's hush money trial, he told the jury they shouldn't be "sending a man to prison."

The prosecution objected, and Justice Merchan sustained it.

According to Gallina, when a defense attorney says “don’t send my client to prison,” it could be seen as an emotional plea rather than a logical argument based on the evidence presented during the trial. This is improper because it might be seen as an attempt to sway the jury through emotion rather than facts and evidence.

While a defense attorney certainly advocates for their client, their closing argument should be a reasoned summary of the evidence and the law, not a simple emotional plea.

Merchan agreed: "I think that was outrageous, Mr Blanche," Merchan said. “Someone who has been a prosecutor as long as you should know. It's hard for me to imagine how that was accidental in any way." The prosecution will now draft a statement for the jury.

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 1

oh. he thinks it's 'outrageous'?

Gosh. At least, you know, he said something. Like "outrageous!".
And then he followed up with the scathing 'I sure as golly darn gosh don't see how this was accidental in any gosh dilly-ol' darn way".

What he didn't do:
ANYTHING ABOUT IT.

AGAIN.

**** all **** I am SICK OF THESE TOOTHLESS ASSHOLES PRETENDING THEIR 'OUTRAGE" means a ****ING THING TO ANY OF THEM!

Y'all are talking about expecting light sentences.

Here's what seems reasonable based on everything we've seen. 
Full guilty verdicts on all counts, the judge will sentence him to 60 seconds of public service (consisting of taking his phone away for a minute), and 30 seconds of brutal tongue lashing, which may or may not include the phraes "Well, I never" and "oh, my stars!". The judge will then line up his family so Trump can throw **** on them like an angry howler monkey, at which point the judge will say "Disgraceful" or maybe even go all the way with "Golly, that isn't very nice'.

Merchan will then kiss Trump's diaper, and offer to give him a ride home.

Idea for any of the other trials:
Get a judge with some ****ing guts to sit on the bench. Treat this fat orange piece of **** like the criminal he is.

~Bang

• Like 3
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

32 minutes ago, Bang said:

oh. he thinks it's 'outrageous'?

Gosh. At least, you know, he said something. Like "outrageous!".
And then he followed up with the scathing 'I sure as golly darn gosh don't see how this was accidental in any gosh dilly-ol' darn way".

What he didn't do:
ANYTHING ABOUT IT.

AGAIN.

**** all **** I am SICK OF THESE TOOTHLESS ASSHOLES PRETENDING THEIR 'OUTRAGE" means a ****ING THING TO ANY OF THEM!

Y'all are talking about expecting light sentences.

Here's what seems reasonable based on everything we've seen. 
Full guilty verdicts on all counts, the judge will sentence him to 60 seconds of public service (consisting of taking his phone away for a minute), and 30 seconds of brutal tongue lashing, which may or may not include the phraes "Well, I never" and "oh, my stars!". The judge will then line up his family so Trump can throw **** on them like an angry howler monkey, at which point the judge will say "Disgraceful" or maybe even go all the way with "Golly, that isn't very nice'.

Merchan will then kiss Trump's diaper, and offer to give him a ride home.

Idea for any of the other trials:
Get a judge with some ****ing guts to sit on the bench. Treat this fat orange piece of **** like the criminal he is.

~Bang

I'm not sure there was anything that could be done in the moment by Merchan. Dude could be sanctioned later, though, or face some other disciplinary action. But in the moment, during a closing summation? Limit the damage that could happen with the jury and let things finish up as professionally as possible, and deal with the actions afterwards.

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 1

By the way, here's another reciting of that moment during closing arguments:

Trump's lawyer Blanche (to the jury): Cohen lied to each of you. Repeatedly. You cannot send someone to prison based-

Prosecutor: Objection!

Justice Merchan: Sustained!

Blanche: Thank you, jurors, you have been listening. This isn't a referendum on President Trump.

Blanche: If you focus on the evidence, this is a quick not guilty verdict.

Justice Merchan: We'll break to 2 (pm).

Justice Merchan (presumably while the jury was absent): Your comment about President Trump facing jail was outrageous. I will give (the jury) a curative instruction. I will see you at 2.

[They're back]

Justice Merchan: People, do you have a draft of the proposed [curative] instruction?

Prosecutor: Mr. Blanche was on notice this was inappropriate.

[Jury entering]

Justice Merchan (to the jurors): During the defense summation you heard Mr. Blanche ask you not to send the defendant to prison. That was not permitted and you must not consider it. If the defendant is found guilty, sentencing will be my decision.

It’s Over to the Jury

It could take a day, a week, a month. But the criminal trial of Donald Trump is in the endgame.

Both sides made closing arguments today, capping a six-week odyssey. It was rife with accusations of adultery and illicit sex and tales of covert payments and frantic cover-ups, populated by bombastic lawyers, flawed witnesses and a defiant defendant at its center, often listening to the action with his eyes closed.

The jury will receive instructions tomorrow morning from the judge, Juan Merchan, who pushed today’s proceedings well past its usual 4:30 p.m. quitting time to make sure that prosecutors finished their closing arguments. Deliberations will then begin. The outcome could be acquittal or conviction on all charges; conviction on some and acquittal on others; or a hung jury, if jurors are unable to reach unanimous agreement on a verdict.

Click on the link for the full article

I've heard varying thoughts about how long a verdict will take.  One that was expressed which seemed to make sense was that they would take a while to go over all the evidence and charges, but would likely reach a verdict by Friday because, if they are close, they will want to finish up before the weekend and not let it drag out over a weekend.  The jurors are human and want to finish up and be done with it.  The longer it goes past that, the more likely we are to see a hung jury.

Posted (edited)

I guess he can't do anything about it, even though he warned him, and has been yelling at him the entire trial for not just his unprofessionalism, but his blatant disregard for the rules of the court.

You could, i don't know, have the bailiff arrent him and throw him in jail for contempt of court, then tell the jury that the state of New York has had enough of this bull****, and they are instructed to understand why this is bull****, and why he has been arrested.
Then tell President diaper to wake up and either finish it up or shut up.

Allowing them to continually ignore everything they know about courtroom decorum and law with no consequence except another finger wagging... this is what they want.  
They don't care about sanctions, clearly. They have to know they have given up their legal lives here, and all that will save them is an acquittal, which they know is impossible. So their hope is to make it as much a circus as possible, angle for a mistrial if they can, try to delay everything again. It's Trumps entire campaign. Delay everything on the hope he can get voted in and hang all of these judges.

Maybe he thinks its an easy conviction, and he can then take it out on them in sentencing,, which would be nice, but i don't have much hope for that, and there is the chance they don't convict.

Toothless. Weak.

~Bang

Edited by Bang
  • Like 2

Posted (edited)
11 hours ago, Bang said:

You could, i don't know, have the bailiff arrent him and throw him in jail for contempt of court, then tell the jury that the state of New York has had enough of this bull****, and they are instructed to understand why this is bull****, and why he has been arrested.

Yeah, you do that during closing arguments and the verdict--if guilty--is getting tossed on appeal and you start all over again. Not to mention, I'm not sure what he did rises to the level of contempt of court (maybe if the lawyer did it a second time it would). Objections are meant to keep court proceedings moving in the right direction, and the prosecution's objection worked here. I'm actually glad our judicial system acts and works differently than our message board judicial system lol...

EDIT: I have no idea why I said that lol...I actually do wish our judicial system worked the way you suggested.

Edited by Califan007 The Constipated

4 hours ago, Califan007 The Constipated said:

I'm actually glad our judicial system acts and works differently than our message board judicial system lol...

Isn't our message board judicial system just "Jumbo puts you in a corner and tells you to think about what you've done"?

• Haha 3

33 minutes ago, Jabbyrwock said:

Isn't our message board judicial system just "Jumbo puts you in a corner and tells you to think about what you've done"?

True lol (I speak from experience)...actually, now that you mention it, I actually DO wish our judicial system worked the way Bang suggests and the way Jumbo handles nonsense around here.

• Haha 2

10 minutes ago, Cooked Crack said:

Of course Trump doesn't understand, he's never been held accountable by the judicial system in his entire life. Besides, the 'rebuttal' or 'correction' already took place...it's called his lawyers' testimony!

Trump doesn't get that the more he posts things like this the more scared he looks.

1 hour ago, Cooked Crack said:

He knows.  In fact Judge Merchan specifically brought him in and told he that he had the right to testify.  So he could've testified.  He punked out, because he's a whiny ****.  His "Truths" are just chum for his ignorant followers.

• Thumb up 1

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Jabbyrwock said:

Well, yeah. But his disapproving look is stern.

Also:  

Edited by Larry

28 minutes ago, China said:

He knows.  In fact Judge Merchan specifically brought him in and told he that he had the right to testify.  So he could've testified.  He punked out, because he's a whiny ****.  His "Truths" are just chum for his ignorant followers.

He has the right to testify. But:

1). He has to swear to tell the truth. 

2). And anything he says, he can be cross examined on. 

3) And during cross, he can't invoke the 5th. 

Odds of Trump taking the stand?  Ever?  

We can argue whether he'll ever see prison...I doubt it.  There will be appeals and if the walls ever seem to truly be closing in, I presume he'll flee the country.

Truth be told, he's 77 and clearly not in the best of shape.  His dieting choices are suspect.  This has to be stressful.  I'd bet on his ticker doing him in before this is ever completely resolved.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, The Evil Genius said:

He's already dieing cognitively. That'squite evident when his handlers allow him to speak. He even has problems now reading scripted speeches. 

Well, to be fair, he always had problems following a script. 

• Thumb up 1

Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, BringMetheHeadofBruceAllen said:

Agreed, and he sounds much less coherent than he did in the 2016 campaign...not that his flunkies have noticed.

Which is why I'll be stunned if he actually stays in the debates. 

Probably the best thing his handlers could do would be to keep him hidden. Of course we know that Dementia Don won't allow it. 

Edited by The Evil Genius

I think we should get a verdict by Friday afternoon. And a verdict before next Tuesday bodes well for the prosecution. 

It's 34 charges, but it all relates to the same crime scheme.  Trump barely put up a defense.  Even his one significant defense witness went poorly.  The guy basically acted like Trump's fixer to the fixer.   

His defense is, "I did it all, but it's not a crime." And then... "Well, if it is a crime, Cohen did it all".  

I would say today and tomorrow the jury talks through the evidence.  And then Friday they vote. 

I would be that if a MAGA was gonna throw, it wouldn't be by hanging the hury.  Too obvious.  MAGA is much more clever.  They would vote to convict than a week later would come out and say the rest of the jury coerced them to convict and they did so against their will.  That is more Trump style. 

In reality, I know plenty of MAGA types and I think the ones I know would be able to take off the MAGA hat and say, "yes...this happened."  I am gonna be really angry if Trump is not convicted.  This truly is a slam dunk case.  From closing arguments, one thread I liked from the prosecution closing is -- "We didn't choose Michael Cohen as a witness. You don't go to the witness store...". Donald Trump chose to use Cohen.  Hope Hicks' testimony was also pretty damning. .

Just now, Fergasun said:

His defense is, "I did it all, but it's not a crime." And then... "Well, if it is a crime, Cohen did it all".  

His defense is "in order to prove every element of the crimes beyond a reasonable doubt, the prosecution had to rely on the testimony of Michael Cohen, who is a convicted liar and an asshole with a grudge against Trump, and so you should not believe him.  And if you cannot believe him, the defense didn't prove their case to the very high standard of 'beyond a reasonable doubt.'"

Posted (edited)
14 minutes ago, PleaseBlitz said:

His defense is "in order to prove every element of the crimes beyond a reasonable doubt, the prosecution had to rely on the testimony of Michael Cohen, who is a convicted liar and an asshole with a grudge against Trump, and so you should not believe him.  And if you cannot believe him, the defense didn't prove their case to the very high standard of 'beyond a reasonable doubt.'"

Fortunately there is a very large amount of circumstantial evidence that make 'beyond a reasonable doubt' easy to prove...they use the same standard with mafia boss cases when their former 'wiseguys' testify against them...and they leave even less paper evidence than Trump did. If that was not possible, then no mafia boss would have ever been convicted of a crime EVER.

Edited by BringMetheHeadofBruceAllen