Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official 2023 ES Free Agency Thread... available until Free Agency 2024 begins

Riggo-toni

4 hours ago, Koolblue13 said:

He's my second choice behind Winfield jr.

I think SIP is correct that TB will franchise Winfield. That makes McKinney the best FS who will hit the market. I can see him come close to the $16M AAV deal Bates got last year despite the lack of Pro Bowl and All Pro honors

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, method man said:

I think SIP is correct that TB will franchise Winfield. That makes McKinney the best FS who will hit the market. I can see him come close to the $16M AAV deal Bates got last year despite the lack of Pro Bowl and All Pro honors

I'm all in on that.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, method man said:

Any concern that the Giants franchise McKinney and let Barkley walk?

• Riggo-toni changed the title to The Official 2023 ES Free Agency Thread... available until after the draft and then on to 2024
8 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

Its possible but Barkley is everything to that franchise. They kinda have to tag him.

No way will NYG franchise Barkley.  It would idiotic to do so.  Who is going to sign him for big bucks?  They could just draft Corum with their Seattle 1st and save money if they need a replacement.  

One thing for sure , if Peters does come here than linebackers gotta be a big priority here . Just look at the 49ers man! That actually got me excited . 

14 minutes ago, mhd24 said:

No way will NYG franchise Barkley.  It would idiotic to do so.  Who is going to sign him for big bucks?  They could just draft Corum with their Seattle 1st and save money if they need a replacement.  

I thought he was franchise tagged last season?. If he’s available I’m very interested . 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Commander202 said:

One thing for sure , if Peters does come here than linebackers gotta be a big priority here . Just look at the 49ers man! That actually got me excited . 

I thought he was franchise tagged last season?. If he’s available I’m very interested . 

Yeah, he was franchised last year.

I'm not interested in Barley at all.  Robinson is a good back who is cheap and showed exceptional hands this year.  He's a certified starting RB.  I liked Rodriguez when he didn't fumble the ball.  Hopefully he can work on that this off-season.  Would rather get a cheap young scat-back type and spend the money on defense/OL.

• Like 3

2024 Free Agency starts on March 13th (if I'm reading things right about that).  The Draft is in April.

We probably want to open up a new 2024 Free Agency thread here soon, maybe coinciding with the hiring of the new HOFO?  @Riggo-toni you did the honors last year, what do you think?

We're going to need to start tracking cuts here soon as well, I think.  I would be shocked if we didn't have some cuts/trades in February leading up to the legal tampering period in March and then the FA period starting on March 13th...

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

2024 Free Agency starts on March 13th (if I'm reading things right about that).  The Draft is in April.

We probably want to open up a new 2024 Free Agency thread here soon, maybe coinciding with the hiring of the new HOFO?  @Riggo-toni you did the honors last year, what do you think?

We're going to need to start tracking cuts here soon as well, I think.  I would be shocked if we didn't have some cuts/trades in February leading up to the legal tampering period in March and then the FA period starting on March 13th...

Sure - I will be on it as soon as there is something to report.

• Thanks 2
  • Thumb up 1

• Riggo-toni changed the title to The Official 2023 ES Free Agency Thread... available until Free Agency 2024 begins

I’ve been thinking about it the past couple days and Jon Allen needs to go. Per Keim, he will only be open to staying with a new contract. I have no interest in giving him one, especially the season he is coming off and age. The new FO should look at him as any other free agent.

I think we also need to upgrade the leadership on D. His act has worn thin. Real leaders don’t punch teammates on national TV, whine to the media and ditch early on locker cleanout day. We need a real leader. If we go to a 3-4, it may end up being for just one year but I’d love to have a future HOFer like Calais Campbell come in and be the voice in the room instead.

Hopefully, we can move Allen for a 2nd and a Day 3 pick next year or for a 3rd and a 2nd next year. For the AAV he is looking for, you can get yourself a Bryce Huff and an Onwenu

Edited by method man
  • Like 1

Getting Luvu or Al Shaair is so important. Not only do these guys upgrade the off ball LB position a lot but each is also a team captain and a leader. Peters is going to be familiar with Al Shaair and his character - he is a guy who went from homeless to undrafted to NFL starter. Why? The guy plays like a maniac like every play is his last. Case in point: He set the Titans single season franchise tackle record this year

Edited by method man
  • Like 4

19 hours ago, mhd24 said:

I thought they got a 2nd from Seattle? 

I think Corum in the first is a draft thread thing here but i don't see it anywhere else.   I like the player a lot but a RB who is 5 '8 and is going to be 24 his rookie season, typically don't go in the first round. 

Just now, Skinsinparadise said:

I thought they got a 2nd from Seattle? 

I think Corum in the first is a draft thread thing here but i don't see it anywhere else.   I like the player a lot but a RB who is 5 '8 and is going to be 24 his rookie season, typically don't go in the first round. 

I definitely agree.  He is not super explosive like a Saquan Barkley either.  He is you standard good back with excellent vision, decent power, and decent shiftiness.  I think there is a chance he is available in the third.

4 minutes ago, philibusters said:

I definitely agree.  He is not super explosive like a Saquan Barkley either.  He is you standard good back with excellent vision, decent power, and decent shiftiness.  I think there is a chance he is available in the third.

I think late 2nd at the earliest.  He's a gritty high character player with a nose for the end zone.  I'd love to have him.  But IMO he's not in that top end desired back department of like a Gibbs-Bijan or even Walker from years back.  I think you got 3-4 backs that go early in the third maybe late 2nd at the earliest in this crop.

On 1/10/2024 at 12:30 AM, Skinsinparadise said:

Screen Shot 2024-01-09 at 7.29.16 PM.png

Not sure I agree with all of this.

If we retain our 2 expensive DTs, do we go out and plough more big money into pass rushers ? Not 2 anyway. Haven’t we been advocating against that…

OL - Agree, needs to be multiple draft picks, plus maybe a FA IOL

Secondary - I’d pay good money for a CB, we need a stud in there. Safety, I’m not sure but 15mil PY on one isn’t my bag. I’d go mid range and I’d also let Curl walk, I reckon he’s totally mailed it in this season.

If also like to draft a TE and RB. 

Not sure how I draft all of that lot when I also want to get Williams at QB, probably #1. 😂

oh and our LBs suck.

6 minutes ago, Est.1974 said:

Not sure I agree with all of this.

If we retain our 2 expensive DTs, do we go out and plough more big money into pass rushers ? Not 2 anyway. Haven’t we been advocating against that…

OL - Agree, needs to be multiple draft picks, plus maybe a FA IOL

Secondary - I’d pay good money for a CB, we need a stud in there. Safety, I’m not sure but 15mil PY on one isn’t my bag. I’d go mid range and I’d also let Curl walk, I reckon he’s totally mailed it in this season.

If also like to draft a TE and RB. 

Not sure how I draft all of that lot when I also want to get Williams at QB, probably #1. 😂

oh and our LBs suck.

If you don't go for the top of the FAs, you don't have to spend 20 million plus for FA edge rushers.  That's part of the point.  It's been in recent years a deep FA corp for edge where you don't have to spend a ton.  

Agree they need LBs. 

As for TEs in the draft versus FA.  That's a tough call. The FA corp for TE is meh.   The draft IMO isn't exciting this year let alone TEs tend to take time to develop so TE isn't going to be an easy solution for 2024 IMO.    It was a missed opportunity not to take a TE last year.

I might change my mind some after the combine.  I doubt we are in play for the top 2 TEs in the draft.  Bowers goes in the first.  I like Sanders but not with an early 2nd pick so I expect him gone.   There are guys I like in the third ala Sinnott and Stover but its hard to gauge their speed.  I want to see how they run.  

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

As for TEs in the draft versus FA.  That's a tough call. The FA corp for TE is meh.   The draft IMO isn't exciting this year let alone TEs tend to take time to develop so TE isn't going to be an easy solution for 2024 IMO.    It was a missed opportunity not to take a TE last year.

I might change my mind some after the combine.  I doubt we are in play for the top 2 TEs in the draft.  Bowers goes in the first.  I like Sanders but not with an early 2nd pick so I expect him gone.   There are guys I like in the third ala Sinnott and Stover but its hard to gauge their speed.  I want to see how they run.  

I think our analytics expert will be pushing TE and RB in the draft, but like you say, who and how/where. Doesn’t all stack at present unless we get some pieces in FA.

Random thought - With all of our cap space, I wonder if we pull off a creative trade to acquire a player off a team screwed against the cap ? We absorb some cap and plug a major gap at little other cost ? Need to look at potential cap cuts across the league.

2 minutes ago, Est.1974 said:

I think our analytics expert will be pushing TE and RB in the draft, but like you say, who and how/where. Doesn’t all stack at present unless we get some pieces in FA.

I think running back the sweet spot is the third -- Corum, Benson, Lloyd.   Maybe Irving, Davis, Watson later on in the draft.  It's not an exciting top heavy drop but its deep IMO.  A lot of power backs alas that we don't need so i didn't mention them.

For tight end I can get into Sinnott or Stover in the third range if they run well.  But if they are in the 4.7 range which I fear might be true I am not as into them but I stil would likely them.  I am not fixated on speed typically but for TE there is a limit to how slow I can go. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, method man said:

I’ve been thinking about it the past couple days and Jon Allen needs to go. Per Keim, he will only be open to staying with a new contract. I have no interest in giving him one, especially the season he is coming off and age. The new FO should look at him as any other free agent.

I think we also need to upgrade the leadership on D. His act has worn thin. Real leaders don’t punch teammates on national TV, whine to the media and ditch early on locker cleanout day. We need a real leader. If we go to a 3-4, it may end up being for just one year but I’d love to have a future HOFer like Calais Campbell come in and be the voice in the room instead.

Hopefully, we can move Allen for a 2nd and a Day 3 pick next year or for a 3rd and a 2nd next year. For the AAV he is looking for, you can get yourself a Bryce Huff and an Onwenu

I think I agree at this stage. He’s crossed the line, or he’s very close to it. The **** experience here is clearly running deep with him. That would be a concern if we continue to struggle in the upcoming season or two.

• Thumb up 1

On 1/10/2024 at 10:18 AM, Ball Security said:

Any concern that the Giants franchise McKinney and let Barkley walk?

I just saw that there's a report that the Giants & Barkley are splitting ways. 

I know its not popular and probably not smart, but Barkley & B-Rob would be a hell of a backfield for a rookie QB. I dont want to put money into a RB, but getting Saquan Barkley from the Giants would be huge. We're in desperate need of playmakers. Giants fans would be SICK LMAO........ 

Edited by LetMeSeeYourWarFace21
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, LetMeSeeYourWarFace21 said:

I just saw that there's a report that the Giants & Barkley are splitting ways. 

I know its not popular and probably not smart, but Barkley & B-Rob would be a hell of a backfield for a rookie QB. I dont want to put money into a RB, but getting Saquan Barkley from the Giants would be huge. We're in desperate need of playmakers. Giants fans would be SICK LMAO........ 

Paying big money for a RB who has already been hurt multiple times just goes against everything Harris and his analytics driven approach stand for.

I'd rather resign Gibson for cheap then pay for Barkley.

• Thumb down 1