Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Everything 118th Congress Thread

@DCGoldPants

30 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

People like Jefferies, Porter, and AOC give me hope that new blood dems are finally gonna start bringing guns to the gun fight...

I've been waiting for the old guard Dems to relinquish power and pass the baton

This is one of the fundamental reasons the Rs have managed to gain so much control

Nancy setting the standard by passing House leadership to Jeffries is a signal to others

• Thumb up 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, TradeTheBeal! said:

I’m thinking Gym getting his time in the spotlight is gonna be a challenge for him.

The media should totally explain why he's nicknamed Gym. Every ****ing day. That and the fact that he refused to honor his subpoena. Every Democrat should honor theirs and say the Fifth or I don't remember to every question. 

• Like 2

There just show votes for the base, since none have chance for being law.

The GOP House will be wiped away in 24; especially after the country crashed after we default our on debt.  They won't be able to blame Biden or the Dems on that one; it will all be on the gop.

Edited by 88Comrade2000
  • Thumb up 1

50 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

Gotta admit, that one about sending China anything for our strategic oil reserve has my interest...

Someone please help confirm why that's a bad idea and should be laughed off like the rest of that list?  I'll listen.

Just FYI: this is part of the whole Hunter Biden thing.  At some point in 2022 (I think april-ish), about 1 million barrels of the SPR oil that was released into the market ended up being sold to Unipec America.  Unipec America is part of Sinopec (Chinese).  One of the investment stake holders in Sinopec, was Bohai Harvest (BHR).  Hunter Biden may have held a minority stake in BHR.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Jabbyrwock said:

Just FYI: this is part of the whole Hunter Biden thing.  At some point in 2022 (I think april-ish), about 1 million barrels of the SPR oil that was released into the market ended up being sold to Unipec America.  Unipec America is part of Sinopec (Chinese).  One of the investment stake holders in Sinopec, was Bohai Harvest (BHR).  Hunter Biden may have held a minority stake in BHR.

Fascinating, and not surprising. 

Yea know, way it was taught to me in grade school is one of the biggest things that made Japan attacking us in World War 2 inevitable was when we stopped selling them oil to try to slow down their war machine and march throughout Asia.

I'm sure that's as debatable as is the vast difference in Japan's percentage of oil coming from us at the time versus how much China is currently getting from us (when I look for China top external import sources, it's hard to find us, Saudi Arabia is up there, Lotta speculation on accurate amount from Russia).

I doubt the US ending of selling oil from its reserves to China would create much more then a statement from them versus a tit for tat like Trumps trade war with them.  But man, some of the stuff China has been doing, we don't even have to single them out as part of whatever law is passed to cover this, but it does on the surface feel like the right thing to do.

I'd like to see more about who we sold the reserves we released to as part of convo of maybe banning international sales of our reserve, because it comes across like our timing was more calculated then I realized at the time and really paid for itself quickly:

https://markets.businessinsider.com/news/commodities/us-crude-oil-profit-strategic-petroleum-reserve-releases-crude-joe-biden-2022-12

Speaking out loud here as I'm sure there is very little of this thought in that bullet on the list, the only bullet I thought was at reasonable to consider.  Possible chance for olive branch to the bammas McCarthy had to court to get speaker because im close to where @88Comrade2000 in I don't expect any of them to make it Bidens desk (this being a bullet that's scope would need to be increased to be not such an obvious dig at his son to stand a chance making it through the senate).

I'm not sure I'm seeing much about this, but this looks first time I can remember Turtle looking like he's preparing to negotiate from a position of weakness:

https://www.politico.com/news/2023/01/04/biden-kentucky-mcconnell-00076303

It sounds like a step up to ask Turtle to *****-slap folks in the House if McCarthy can't., which I can't think of a time Ive rooted for Turtle on anything but fully approve of.

I still don't understand why the GOP and specifically 1/3rd of the House Freedom Caucus had to go and do that and figure its about 4 or 5 "meta political moves" at once. 

They all put targets on their backs in primaries.  Who cares what agreements McCarthy says... someone will come after them.  It's silly not to think otherwise. 

Gaetz basically said McCarthy is a product of the DC swamp and is qualified based on fundraising $500M for the GOP.   A big so what to this, but he just did a nice attack ad for Democrats.  I know he might be angling to be the CoS for Trump after the 24 elections?   

McCarthy won 190 to 30 over Biggs during the conference election, so these folks made enemies out of everyone else.  

Not sure why folks don't think politics isn't personal.

• Thumb up 1