Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Everything 118th Congress Thread

@DCGoldPants

Posted (edited)

Republicans going after Garland is ironic considering Garland's stonewalling in pursuing cases against Trump basically pushed his 2 federal trials past the election. I've said it before, Trump cries out that Biden weaponized the DOJ, it's the opposite. Garland's unwillingness, whether prodded on by Biden or of his own doing, to prosecute the main man behind a riot is extremely puzzling.

It's the problem with the Democrats. They had a chance to obliterate the GOP off the face of the earth after 1/6. They failed to do so. 

Look at this.

https://www.newsweek.com/eric-swalwell-trump-takedown-cult-viral-1908146

Swalwell in one day put out more outrage and disdain over the GOP than any of his colleagues or commander in chief. Lol.

Edited by ixcuincle
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, ixcuincle said:

Republicans going after Garland is ironic considering Garland's stonewalling in pursuing cases against Trump basically pushed his 2 federal trials past the election. I've said it before, Trump cries out that Biden weaponized the DOJ, it's the opposite. Garland's unwillingness, whether prodded on by Biden or of his own doing, to prosecute the main man behind a riot is extremely puzzling.

It's the problem with the Democrats. They had a chance to obliterate the GOP off the face of the earth after 1/6. They failed to do so. 

It's less puzzling when you realized Garland wasn't slowing things down of his own accord, as per the source @TheGreatBuzz has provided on a couple of occasions.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

15 minutes ago, ixcuincle said:

Swalwell in one day put out more outrage and disdain over the GOP than any of his colleagues or commander in chief. Lol.

Are you kidding?...There have been numerous Dem colleagues of Swalwell's who have gone even harder on the GOP than he did there. A lot of Dem Congress members have taken a lot of shots at the ineptitude and stupidity of Republicans over the past year and a half.

• Thanks 2

1 hour ago, ixcuincle said:

https://coloradosun.com/2024/06/04/lauren-boebert-poll-4th-congressional-district-colorado/

Not sure how Boebert is coasting through the primary. She provides nothing of substance to the people.

I don't have much hope for our country when shysters and conmen like Gaetz, Boebert, Cruz, Rubio, MTG, et al are elected so easily.

That b-word is still e-mailing me.  I've responded, called her every nasty name in the book...they keep comin'. 

She's the very definition of "glutton for punishment".  (other than us skins fans)

• Like 1

'You might be in a cult': Dem blows up hearing by exposing GOP's Trump 'sycophancy'

Rep. Eric Swalwell (D-CA) triggered anger on the Republican side of the aisle after he suggested that the GOP members were in former President Donald Trump's "cult."

At a House Judiciary Committee hearing with Attorney General Merrick Garland on Tuesday, Swalwell pushed back against Republican claims that the Justice Department had been weaponized against Trump.

"My colleagues, none of this today that you are bringing up makes sense," Swalwell said. "Your inconsistencies, your hypocrisy, your sycophancy, unless you are in a cult. And guys, I'm starting to think you're in a cult."

The California Democrat listed reasons why Republicans were zealously following the former president.

"So if you believe in states' rights, except when a jury in that state convicts your nominee for president, you might be in a cult," he explained. "If you claim you back the blue but want to defund the police when the police go to your nominee's house to retrieve national security secrets, you might be in a cult."

"If you're supporting a guy whose felony convictions prevent him from getting a security clearance, you might be in a cult," he added. "And if the guy you're supporting for president has felony convictions that prevent him from going to Argentina, Australia, Brazil, Cambodia, Canada, Chile, China, Cuba, Dominican Republic, Egypt, Ethiopia, Hong Kong, India, Indonesia, Iran, Ireland, Israel, Japan, Kenya, Macau, Malaysia, Mexico, Morocco, Nepal, New Zealand, Peru, Philippines, Singapore, South Africa, South Korea, Taiwan, Tanzania, Tunisia, Turkey, Ukraine, United Arab Emirates, and the UK, you might be in a cult."

Click on the link for the full article and video

• Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 3

Posted (edited)
17 hours ago, China said:

It's less puzzling when you realized Garland wasn't slowing things down of his own accord, as per the source @TheGreatBuzz has provided on a couple of occasions.  

I am very busy at work today so if  @TheGreatBuzz can summarize his prior posts on this topic for me to read later it would be appreciate. I'm just curious how anyone could defend Garland dragging his feet for 3 years.

Edited by ixcuincle

17 minutes ago, ixcuincle said:

I am very busy at work today so if  @TheGreatBuzz can summarize his prior posts on this topic for me to read later it would be appreciate. I'm just curious how anyone could defend Garland dragging his feet for 3 years.

I get it that I'm definitely NOT busy at work but I wouldn't even know where to start searching for that post. It was a Twitter thread from the MuellerSheWrote account. It was probably 15 or so posts laying it out in pretty good detail. I highly recommend finding the time to go read it IF you care that much. 

But I'm not going back to find it.

• Haha 3
  • Thumb up 1

3 minutes ago, tshile said:

Yeah if you’re gonna show up late for the party you shouldn’t expect everyone to redo all the time you missed 😂 

I admit I do feel a little bad. I definitely have the time to do it and no real excuse not to.

But I don't want to so I'm not.

• Haha 3
  • Thumb up 2
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, tshile said:

Yeah if you’re gonna show up late for the party you shouldn’t expect everyone to redo all the time you missed 😂 

1 hour ago, TheGreatBuzz said:

I admit I do feel a little bad. I definitely have the time to do it and no real excuse not to.

But I don't want to so I'm not.

there really isn't any justification I took a gander at the Reddit thread on it and it was all negative.

• Like 1

It's really not that difficult to find (a simple Google search):

https://threadreaderapp.com/thread/1776714193745715474.html

THREAD: Let's have a heart to heart about Garland and Wray for a second, because I personally think all the heat on Garland should actually be on Christopher Wray. And I'll tell you why I think that. 1/ 

We now know that Garland wanted to investigate the top of the coup as soon as he got to DoJ in March 2021. We know that from multiple sources telling the press that Garland and Monaco were extremely frustrated by the slow pace of the probe into the top of the coup by June 2021. 2/ 

Garland and Monaco were SO pissed about it that they assembled the "investigations unit" in June 2021 to work on the top of the coup, all the way up to and including donald trump. 3/ 

It was also in June 2021 when Ron Johnson, Ted Cruz, Rick Scott, Tuberville and other coup-plotting GOP senators wrote a letter to Garland saying they were BLOCKING the confirmation of the new DC US Atty, who would take over the coup probe, because they were mad that Garland wasn't investigating BLM protests like he was going after insurrectionists. 4/ 

And there were lots of folks INSIDE the FBI that were sympathetic to the insurrectionists. Some were even there on 1/6 and have been arrested. And because of the gun-shy FBI resisting the probe, the one Garland was pushing, the probe stalled. 5/ 

We know from public reporting that Jim Jordan's pal, the Dept Dir of the FBI Washington Field Office, was pushing back hard on Garland's probe - blocking it at every turn. We also know trump holdover Sherwin at the DC USAO was plotting with D'Antuono on stalling the probe. 6/ 

Eventually, Garland broke through and started issuing subpoenas in September 2021 for members of the top of the coup, but other subpoenas - like the ones for the Willard War Room, were being blocked by D'Antuono at the FBI. 7/ 

And all the while, Biden/Garland were being blocked from having the new DC US Atty confirmed by coup plotters in the Senate. They finally broke through in November 2021. It was then that Garland also hired Tom Windom to lead the investigation into the top of the coup. 8/ 

But, according to public reporting, D'Antuono and Wray's FBI KEPT BLOCKING search warrants and subpoenas. So much so, that Windom had to go to the Inspector General and the POST OFFICE COPS to seize phones of coup leaders. 9/ 

Then finally, and only after Garland replaced Wray's Chief of Staff, did the FBI finally start coming along in early 2022. So how come all the anger and vitriol at Garland, the guy who was pushing hard for the probe, and none for Wray, the trump holdover and actual federalist society member that kept pushing back? 10/ 

Now, we can argue that Garland could have or should have fired Wray, or that he could have communicated with the American people more about the obstacles he faces in trying to get the probe off the ground, but to say he's "complicit" or that he "waited two years" or that he's "working for trump" is simply untrue. 11/ 

The hatred of Garland also helps the autocracy that's afoot. And that's not to say that it's not okay to criticize Garland. I have on multiple occasions over the past 3+ years. But it's noteworthy that people who complain Garland didn't "arrest trump on day one" don't also ask why multiple state prosecutors didn't. 12/ 

It's also a mistake to think that any one person, be it Garland or Mueller or Wray or Biden can save democracy. That's up to all of us. And I've been saying that since 2018. 13/ 

And to the trolls who constantly accuse me of defending Garland - I don't defend people. I defend facts. If you say Garland didn't lift a finger for two years, I'm going to point out your error. That's not subjective. 14/ 

But if you say Garland should have communicated more about the urgency, I'll agree. I'll also agree that he should have appointed a special counsel in 2021, which I called for on this app in 2021. But I'll never for the life of me understand what I see as misplaced hate that should be directed at Wray and trump allies. END/

• Thanks 3
  • Thumb up 1

2 hours ago, The Evil Genius said:

This was expected.

Dems forced a vote to highlight how insane and out of touch with american society the GOP is re: contraception.

This vote will be used a lot come Fall. 

What the hell.  Why shouldn't we have a right to prevent pregnancies?!?!?!?!?!