Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Game Day Thread - Washington at San Fran ~ A Christmas Reunion TV Special

TK
Message added by TK,

1161584152_ScreenShot2022-12-24at7_15_39PM.thumb.png.c507ff54669775b2ee2dcf7ea6ba4646.png

3 minutes ago, rumplestilskin said:

Young did look explosive.  Also St.Juste looks like he hasn't fully recovered. looked wounded out there.

He re injured himself early. Gonna be something to watch during the week. If he's out, not sure how we can check Amari Cooper who historically owns us.

• Sad 2

That’s it: if Heinicke starts next week… I’m not watching!

ALSO: if Wentz starts… I’m not watching!

FURTHERMORE: If Howell starts… I’m not watching!

Because I’m going to Paris with my girlfriend for two weeks on Tuesday and won’t watch the last two games. :D 

Merry Xmas, y’all!

• Like 2
  • Haha 13
  • Thumb up 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 2

Just now, CapsSkins said:

Because I’m going to Paris with my girlfriend for two weeks on Tuesday and won’t watch the last two games. :D 

Merry Xmas, y’all!

Merry Christmas my fellow Commanders fan

• Like 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

So many bad plays - offense, defense, coaching, special teams.  Stupid penalties.

How many yards are unrealized because they can't make the 25 yard line on kickoffs. Their kickoff blocking schemes are NOT working - just take the ball on the 25.😡

Glad to see Wentz to get on the field.  Not that I am a Wentz fan, but the QB thread will have some new fodder this week.;)

Has to start Wentz next week, right? 

:229:The Rook 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, FLSkinz83 said:

Does anyone else think we got outcoached Today?   Asking for a friend.

Turner called a terrible game for the most part. Way too many 1st down run plays that averaged under a yard. 

In the 2nd half I feel like Shanahan figured out our defense and Del Rio couldn't counter adjust, but I also think not having Curl and St. Juste reinjuring himself messed us up on defense. Not sure how much of that is on coaching. 

1 minute ago, The Rook said:

So many bad plays - offense, defense, coaching, special teams.  Stupid penalties.

How many yards are unrealized because they can't make the 25 yard line on kickoffs. Their kickoff blocking schemes are NOT working - just take the ball on the 25.😡

Glad to see Wentz to get on the field.  Not that I am a Wentz fan, but the QB thread will have some new fodder this week.;)

Has to start Wentz next week, right? 

:229:The Rook 

The awful return game on both kickoffs and punts isn't talked about much. It is just terrible. I don't think we returned a single kickoff beyond even the 20 let alone 25 except for the one time their K kicked it out of bounds. Punts isn't much better, its almost always a fair catch or like maybe a slow as molasses 2-3 yard gain.

I don't know what the issue is. I mean Milne sucks we all know that, but even Gibson was looking bad on kickoffs and he's normally at least pretty explosive. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, petey hodge said:

Snyder is warming up the engine on Redskins 1 to go make an unprecedented trade offer to the 49ers for Purdy

I thought he was using it to fly to London to live out the rest of his life in seclusion and embarrassment....albeit wealthy after selling the team.

• Like 1

Is anyone else as pissed as I am that Rivera almost threw away the season because he was afraid to make the switch to Wentz at the bye like many of us wanted, even though it was clear the Heinicke magic had already run out? He finally got the excuse he clearly thought he needed, but we lost multiple games we maybe didn’t have to. All because Heinicke is a living meme that the locker room likes. 

• Like 4

Not gonna mention anything about QBs, but go back and watch the game again; that o-line got worse as the game went on. 

There were quite a few times where they were all facing the QB; klooked like they got called a name and turned around to cry or something. 

At this point it doesn't matter WHO you put in at QB, nobody, nobody will do much better behind that line.  It looked that bad.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumb up 1

13 minutes ago, CapsSkins said:

Merry Xmas, y’all!

Ah Paris. You will not be disappointed. Hope the weather is warm enough so you can walk around. Give Ms. Mona Lisa a kiss for me.

• Thanks 1

44 minutes ago, Conn said:

Is anyone else as pissed as I am that Rivera almost threw away the season because he was afraid to make the switch to Wentz at the bye like many of us wanted, even though it was clear the Heinicke magic had already run out? He finally got the excuse he clearly thought he needed, but we lost multiple games we maybe didn’t have to. All because Heinicke is a living meme that the locker room likes. 

I get it for sure.

But I really think he’s been basing his decision on the locker room.  He’s looked like a guy who has seen enough Taylor for a while but only keeping him in to be fair and appease his team.  Maybe he misread that, can’t be sure.

Edited by BatteredFanSyndrome

3 minutes ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

I get it for sure.

But I really think he’s been basing his decision on the locker room.  He’s looked like a guy who has seen enough Taylor for a while but only keeping him in robe fair and appease his team.  Maybe he misread that, can’t be sure.

You’re right, and I admitted as much in my post that it was about the locker room. But at some point as the HC when you are tasked with seeing the bigger picture, you need to be the adult in the room and go win games by making the right decisions. The locker room will follow when your decisions work. 

Luckily it doesn’t really matter what our regular season record is if we make the playoffs—Wentz has a chance to put up or shut up either way, since the other wildcard hopefuls also lost. 

• Like 2