Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Election 2023

Cooked Crack

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/jeff-landry-wins-louisiana-governors-race-trump-supported-republican/

I'm on record as being party agnostic but some these things this guy is doing scares me. 

"More recently, Landry has been in the spotlight over his involvement and staunch support of Louisiana laws that have drawn much debate, including banning gender-affirming medical care for transgender youths, the state's near-total abortion ban that doesn't have exceptions for cases of rape and incest, and a law restricting youths' access to "sexually explicit material" in libraries, which opponents fear will target LGBTQ+ books."

Lol they just played a Rick Scott ad on ACC Network during the Miami football game.

I live in Virginia.

As a resident of Virginia I can only vote for Virginia candidates (or presidential national candidates).

Airing Rick Scott on ACC network during a commercial break, and "Rick Scott for Senate" ads, does no good for me. 1) I can't even vote for you. I don't live in your state. 2) You are a Republican.

I love football. But I abhor with a PASSION political advertising, especially when it floods the airwaves during football season. Last year we had a million Lindsey Graham South Carolina ads. Again, live in Virginia, watching ACC Network. Can't vote for you Lindsey, and I wouldn't want to even if I lived in SC.

I don't know what the **** is wrong with people man. Air your ****ing **** in your own ****ing state. Leave me out of it.

Edited by ixcuincle
  • Thumb up 1

brace yourself virginia residents, the onslaught of russet perry / jean segura / josh cole / tara durant / josh thomas and whoever the **** else is running for state senate are permeating the airwaves big time. And not just on your TV too! On the internet it's every ****ing ad on Youtube. I had to resort to blocking and reporting them in hopes I would never see them again. They're just so negative and dour. Real mood-killer.

Be on my indoor bike watching slot videos then the videos stop and you hear this dark music like TARA DURANT IS BAD FOR VIRGINIA it's like i'm just trying to ride my bike watching slot videos, leave me be lol

3 hours ago, PleaseBlitz said:

Whenever a GOP ad comes up on YouTube, I make sure to watch it for 30 seconds.  That way the candidate has to pay for my view.  They don't have to pay if you skip it before 30 seconds. 

https://support.google.com/google-ads/answer/6055025?hl=en#:~:text=Cost-per-view (CPV,your video%2C whichever comes first.

I love this way of thinking 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Simmsy said:

Thats how that works? I usually let the ads play thinking that I'll hit a quota or something and they'll stop. They're probably just sending me more ads now.

Yeah. 

so. Tangentially related. When I used to use google. If there was an ad for what I was looking for when I searched (say - an adobe ad taking you to their account site when you google adobe account login) and I hated the company I was forced to work with, I’d click the ad link so they had to pay for it. Those links are pay-per-click. 

and I’d scroll down to the normal search result and use that link if I liked the company. 

Virginia poised to elect 2020 election denier

A Republican elections attorney who played a key role in trying to overturn the vote in multiple swing states in the 2020 election is coasting to election next month for the Virginia statehouse.

A handful of party insiders have tried for months to stop the candidate, Tim Griffin, from winning election. But despite raising concerns with at least a dozen GOP leaders, including Gov. Glenn Youngkin, their effort has fallen largely on deaf ears.

Griffin worked alongside former President Donald Trump’s campaign for months to fan false claims of election fraud around 2020 and played a key role in trying to overturn the vote in Michigan.

Now, in his current race in Virginia, former opponents are accusing him of registering to vote and filing court paperwork using addresses where he doesn’t live. Nonetheless, Griffin is the strong favorite to win next month’s election for Virginia’s heavily Republican 53rd House district.

Griffin’s efforts in 2020 included challenging grants that local governments in primarily minority areas used to increase voting access via drop boxes and working with Republican officials in Wayne County, Mich., as they prepared affidavits to rescind their votes. As higher-profile attorneys involved in the effort to overthrow the election, including Sidney Powell, Kenneth Chesebro and Jenna Ellis, plead guilty, Griffin’s ascent shows there have been few penalties so far for many of the foot soldiers in the effort.

Click on the link for the full article

I'm going to vote early today. We have 2 propositions and 14 Constitution changes. I'm definitely voting against the Constitutional change that raises the mandatory retirement age of judges. The old people need to step down. Plus I figure it some way to raise the retirement age of all workers in the future. 

I Fairfax county, there is a woman running for the school board. After early voting started, the GOP challenged the petition to get her on the ballot, saying there were problems with the addresses. A judge ruled her ineligible. Early voting continued. Now the judge reversed the decision.

https://www.wusa9.com/amp/article/news/local/virginia/fairfax-co-school-board-candidate-likely-back-on-ballot-after-judges-ruling-marcia-st-john-cunning/65-bac6bc0b-e9ca-46d1-aed2-5b9f9e8836c4

• Haha 1

I was trying to remember the name of the Republican running in my VA State Senate race who is going to get crushed by the Democrat incumbent.  It is Sophia Moshasha.  About 5 minutes of reading leads me to the conclusion that (1) the Republican candidate doesn't even live in the state, much less the district and (2) her mom, Gwen Hickman, an ambulance chaser-type attorney, is running for Tim Kaine's US Senate seat and is woefully inept.

First, on Moshasha's website, she notes that Gwen Hickman is her mom:

https://sophia4va.com/sophia

image.png.430a897cf01213806f454cca61ab1921.png

Second, if you go to Hickman's campaign website, she had a fundraiser "hosted at the home of Mr. & Mrs. MOSHASHA."

https://www.hickmanforsenate.com/event-details/join-mr-mrs-moshasha-for-an-evening-in-support-of-gwen-hickman

The location?  ****ing Fort Washington, MARYLAND.

image.png.54d14f32d50fee1e2d3a12512f3dc22c.png

• Haha 1

For the VA Senate (40) seats, there are five races that will likely determine who is in power. 270toWin and Elections Daily have the race leaning D.

There are 16 likely-to-safe R seats to 19 D.

The ones up for grabs are:

District 16: Dunnavan (R-inc) vs VanValkenburg (D) - Lean D

District 17: Brewer (R) vs Jenkins (D) - Lean R

District 24: Diggs (R) vs Mason (D-inc) - Toss up

District 27: Durant (R) vs Griffin (D) - Tilt R

Distruct 31: Segura (R) vs Perry (D) - Lean D - This is the one @ixcuincle has referenced. If you live in Northern VA, you have been bombarded with ads.

If there are no surprises in the 35 other races, the Dems will need to carry at least two of these five to maintain control of the Senate.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1