Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Pick A Number Between 1 - 100: Part 1

7 hours ago, Califan007 The Constipated said:

Q47:  What is something mischievous you have done?

Just one thing?  

When I was about 10 or 11, my friend and I had a paper route in some apartment buildings along Wisconsin Avenue in DC.  One of them was immediately adjacent to where the current Russian embassy is now.  At the time they were in the midst of construction for what was then to be the Soviet embassy at Mt. Alto.  There was a temporary guard shack near the entrance and near one of the apartment buildings.  We went up on the roof which was covered in pea gravel.  We proceeded to throw one small stone at at time onto the roof of the guard shack.  They would come out look around and go back in.  Then we'd do it again.  They never figured it out.

• Haha 4

28 minutes ago, LD0506 said:

Everybody that answered in this thread ought to get to ask  CTC  a question  😆🙃

Discover No Way GIF by ADWEEK

1 hour ago, tshile said:

Q19: Are you usually late, early, or on time? Why?

1 hour ago, Wildbunny said:

I'll pick again at 16

Q16: How many days could you last in solitary confinement? How would you do it?

• Haha 1

48 minutes ago, Califan007 The Constipated said:

Q19: Are you usually late, early, or on time? Why?

Early. I can’t stand when people show up late, so I make sure I don’t do that to others.  My friends make jokes about it cause they’ll call me at 4;45 when we’re meeting at 5 to see where I am, I’ll tell them I’m there already, and they’ll say something like “of course you are.”

it’s also a function of living just on the outskirts of northern VA. It takes a while to get places to meet up, and any traffic issue can add 20-30 minutes. So. You kind of have to plan to be early or you’re always late. 

however. If my wife is involved we are always late. Always. It drives me nuts. The worst part is, despite my clear track record and reputation for being early and her clear track record of always being late, she blames me for it. 😡

Edited by tshile
  • Like 2
  • Thumb up 2

50 minutes ago, Califan007 The Constipated said:

Q16: How many days could you last in solitary confinement? How would you do it?

Give me a computer and I can last a real long time :)

Otherwise, not so much I believe I'll get bored and crazy quite fast.

I need to have stuff to do to keep myself busy. Be it DIY, reading books, anything.

I've been single for so long in my life, than honestly solitary isn't that much of a problem as long as I can get myself busy.

For example, when we were confined due to Covid back in 2020, I went out and started digging so I can finally have a small pond with goldfishes and stuff in my yard.

• Like 2
  • Thumb up 1

4 minutes ago, Wildbunny said:

Give me a computer and I can last a real long time :)

Otherwise, not so much I believe I'll get bored and crazy quite fast.

I need to have stuff to do to keep myself busy. Be it DIY, reading books, anything.

I've been single for so long in my life, than honestly solitary isn't that much of a problem as long as I can get myself busy.

For example, when we were confined due to Covid back in 2020, I went out and started digging so I can finally have a small pond with goldfishes and stuff in my yard.

So in actual solitary confinement (no computers or books or DIY anything lol) you'd go crazy quickly? How quickly do you think?

10 minutes ago, tshile said:

The worst part is, despite my clear track record and reputation for being early and her clear track record of always being late, she blames me for it. 😡

😂😂😂

Edited by Califan007 The Constipated
  • Haha 1

Just now, Califan007 The Constipated said:

Q83: What’s one guilty pleasure you enjoy too much to give up?

Where to begin, it's probably food related.  Off the top of my head, Red Bull is one of them because I'd really like to kick this habit but I just love it.  I did move to the sugar free version but the yellow can still has a grip on me that just won't let go.

Junk food, really.  Fast food.  Drive thrus.  Candybars.  You name it.  I can cut it out for awhile but like any addict without self control, I eventually slip.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, Califan007 The Constipated said:

So in actual solitary confinement (no computers or books or DIY anything lol) you'd go crazy quickly? How quickly do you think?

Without nothing to do?

3 days. At best. I'm not the kind of guy that can spend the day sleeping and doing nothing...

• Like 1

On 12/2/2022 at 7:31 AM, Califan007 The Constipated said:

Q35: What are you a “natural” at doing?

You know, I struggled with this question. I feel like I'm a natural teacher, but I'm also working towards shifting my career slightly to get out of the classroom as soon as possible. I think I'm going to go with that though. Even if it's not my literal day job in the future, I believe I have a strong ability to listen, encourage and teach. 

I've also had some tense meetings with parents that colleagues were impressed by my ability to navigate. The kind of conference where a parent comes in on the warpath because of some perceived wrong against their child and we're able to leave with some actual resolution and consensus. My principal at the time said,  "You're very good at absorbing negative energy."

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Maxito said:

Q29: Who’s the most famous person you have ever met? What famous person would you most like to meet?

1 hour ago, Jabbyrwock said:

There was a symmetry to picking the number 1 and only doing 1 question...I love symmetry...and rum.  But since it seems we are slowing down here a bit: 10.

Sorry, this one was already taken by NickyJ...yet another number I forgot to add to the OP. Pick again, please 👍

Edited by Califan007 The Constipated

5 hours ago, Califan007 The Constipated said:

Q29: Who’s the most famous person you have ever met? What famous person would you most like to meet?

Sorry, this one was already taken by NickyJ...yet another number I forgot to add to the OP. Pick again, please 👍

I walked by Ovechkin, Backstrom and Semin at the theaters on time.  However, one person well known I have met is Luis Enriue Mejia.  Famous person who I want to meet Pedro Pascal.

Edited by Maxito
  • Like 1
  • Thumb up 1