Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The All Things PLAYOFFS 2022 Thread

kleese

5 minutes ago, Califan007 The Constipated said:

Why shouldn't we? And why would I laugh at anyone who still wants to know what the scenarios are?

Because it’s over bro….even if by some miracle some scenario creeped up that we made the playoffs…you want to see this team, THIS TEAM in the playoffs! It only leads to more heart break, and a franchise that said well we made the playoffs so something is going right when literally most everything is going wrong. It’s a laughable scenario in deed cause if you don’t laugh you probably cry (at least I would) 

As of now we will be eliminated. Hopefully the Vikings can come back. Need the Packers to lose today and beat the Lions next week and the Seahawks to lose today or next week and we have to beat the Cowboys. At the end of the day we had our chances so it is what it is.

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, Hdf561 said:

Because it’s over bro….even if by some miracle some scenario creeped up that we made the playoffs…you want to see this team, THIS TEAM in the playoffs! It only leads to more heart break, and a franchise that said well we made the playoffs so something is going right when literally most everything is going wrong. It’s a laughable scenario in deed cause if you don’t laugh you probably cry (at least I would) 

If you honestly felt that way you wouldn't even be on this thread...unless your only goal was to ridicule fellow fans.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Hdf561 said:

Look, it’s fine if you don’t think there’s any hope anymore for playoff talk, or looking at scenarios (however crazy they may be…), but why ridicule fans for choosing to still care enough to look at the scenarios? At that point you’re just choosing to be rude 

8 minutes ago, zCommander said:

Well it was fun thinking we could get into the playoff. 

Sigh…….at 7-5……..there was hope……there was optimism…….those two giants games were our season, and we blew it :( just disappointing……although if the team took care of business from the start, it wouldn’t have come to that. Just……..ugh. 

no, I’m not crying into my jack & coke, why do you ask???? You’re the one crying!

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Califan007 The Constipated said:

If you honestly felt that way you wouldn't even be on this thread...unless your only goal was to ridicule fellow fans.

It’s not ridiculing it’s just facts. Was pumped for the winning streak but you have to be realistic and realize we barely beat bad teams, that doesn’t translate to playoff wins. I would rather not make the playoffs until we have an actual chance to win a playoff game something we haven’t done since 2005. 

Giants Don't have much to play for now right? They'll likely sit their starters and Eagles likely win division. My only satisfaction now is for playoff misery of other NFCE teams. I'd even take another Brady Super Bowl over any NCFE

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Califan007 The Constipated said:

Right now, Cousins is being the Cousins that half the fan base here (and in Minny) criticizes and ridicules lol...

Yeah, I'm sure the Vikes would rather play us than Rodgers and the Packers again in the playoffs. Get ready Viking fans. It WAS a good year.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Hdf561 said:

It’s not ridiculing it’s just facts. Was pumped for the winning streak but you have to be realistic and realize we barely beat bad teams, that doesn’t translate to playoff wins. I would rather not make the playoffs until we have an actual chance to win a playoff game something we haven’t done since 2005. 

It IS ridiculing, though. You’re ridiculing fans that felt like still wanting to know the scenarios directly after the game. You don’t feel like wanting to check the scenarios, fine. I don’t either. But don’t go ridiculing those that DID (it’s basically all a moot point now anyway, since the packers are up 34-3)

3 minutes ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

It IS ridiculing, though. You’re ridiculing fans that felt like still wanting to know the scenarios directly after the game. You don’t feel like wanting to check the scenarios, fine. I don’t either. But don’t go ridiculing those that DID (it’s basically all a moot point now anyway, since the packers are up 34-3)

41-3 

With that last Packers TD, the nail in coffin has been delivered. Such a disappointing end. 

I started this thread like I do every year around mid season except in the off year we are 2-7 or something like that. 

I started the thread on November 11th when we were 4-5 after Minny loss before going to Philly. At that time I did so assuming we’d be 4-6 and was digesting scenarios from there. After we got to 7-5, I think it shifted from “worthy of looking at possibilities” to “legit playoff contender that might be able to make some noise.” 

But from the 10-0 lead at Meadowlands, to right now— it’s been a total downer. The killer of course was the SNF loss to Giants. That will likely be the game I remember most from this year. I did enjoy the season overall— at least as much as you can these days. I watched the MNF win with my kids and then we were in the building for the win at Houston the next week. Atlanta win was also thrilling. That made for a VERY nice stretch of football over Thanksgiving and I did wake up on Jan 1st still very much caring about the game. So for me personally as a fan, that’s a “win” for the season. I cared about game #1 and I cared about game #16 on New Year’s Day. That isn’t always the case. 

This feels a little like 2016 where at one point I thought the team might be legit good and then it ended with a thud— also on NYD I might add. 

Thread is dead, just like the 2022 season now. Probably the most lively thread we’ve ever had. Thanks to those who contributed— even the ones who seem to miss the point of it yearly :) 

Hopefully I can start another one next year. 

• Like 4