Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The All Things PLAYOFFS 2022 Thread

kleese

3 hours ago, Califan007 The Constipated said:

I guess I had to write it out to have it hit me...best records over the last 8 games:

Eagles 7-1

49ers 7-1

Bengals 7-1

Commanders 6-1-1

Chiefs 6-2

Cowboys 6-2

Vikings 6-2

Bills 6-2

That's some quality company to keep, I don't care who we've played.

pretty sure there's some overlap in those schedules

20 minutes ago, Califan007 The Constipated said:

No doubt.

The interesting thing is, for the most part over the last 8 games the teams on that list only lost to each other.

here's something I wonder about.  The NFL sets up the schedule to try to have some drama at the end of the season.  But is it better to have mostly fresh matchups in the playoffs or is having rematches acceptable

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, MrJL said:

here's something I wonder about.  The NFL sets up the schedule to try to have some drama at the end of the season.  But is it better to have mostly fresh matchups in the playoffs or is having rematches acceptable

I think there are positives to both. Rematches breed rivalries (or intensify those that already exist). Fresh matchups invigorate the league a bit more.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, RandyHolt said:

Do we want Minny to lose? Besides the obvious F cousins thing.

Yes for two reasons: 

1. Seems most would prefer Minny over SF in potential playoff match up. This helps that cause.

2. Ensures Vikings will be totally dialed in when they play Giants next week. 

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, KDawg said:

I don’t like the Vikings. I would have enjoyed this being 56-0. But given this comeback… I want to see the Vikings win this one.

lol, I want to go to a playoff game this year and if I do I'd much rather go to Minny than SF so I am rooting for the Colts (I think we have a better shot at the 6th spot if we win against the Giants) so I am hardcore Indy.  But I am not one of the Kirk haters here so from that context it doesn't bother me to see him have moments the way it eats at some people I know on the board (you not among those people). :ols:

Edited by Skinsinparadise

6 minutes ago, kleese said:

Don’t love that outcome as it may very well lead to Vikings being sluggish on Xmas Eve vs Giants. 

From a momentum standpoint I think that was the perfect game. The team has to be Uber pumped in a way that likely carries to next week.

But don’t like it from the stand point of wanting to avoid SF in the playoffs 

Edited by Skinsinparadise