Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Election 2024 & Presidential Cage Match: Dark Brandon 46 vs Felonious Farty 45

88Comrade2000

Jewish GOPer deserts DeSantis for Trump after he was beaten up by 'Nazi' in Florida

Florida’s lone Republican state lawmaker who identifies as Jewish has switched allegiances in the presidential race from Gov. Ron DeSantis in favor of former President Donald Trump, according to a Washington Times column he penned.

Until Monday, State Rep. Randy Fine was a staunch supporter of DeSantis, championing the governor's policies and legislation.

But the politician recounted how he believes he's a target based on being the only Jew elected to the state's Legislature, culminating in claims that he was pummeled by a "Nazi" two weeks ago – and saying that's "no big deal" in "Ron DeSantis' Florida."

He suggested that he had been a cheerleader for DeSantis' policies in Florida, and the governor in turn reportedly flattered Fine, suggesting he seek the presidency of Florida Atlantic University.

"I love his words," Fine wrote. "His actions have broken my heart.“

Since his attack at the hands of a Nazi, Fine said he has had a change of heart.

"The past two weeks have made me realize our choice as Jews is simple,” Fine wrote in the column that he also tweeted in full. “We can vote for the governor who says all the right things, or we can vote for the president who actually does them.

"When it comes to action, Donald Trump has never let us down.”

Click on the link for the full article

6 hours ago, China said:

Florida’s lone Republican state lawmaker who identifies as Jewish has switched allegiances in the presidential race from Gov. Ron DeSantis in favor of former President Donald Trump, according to a Washington Times column he penned.

That move could be interpreted as "Look!  Look!  I've switched to Trump!  Am I safe now?"  

10 hours ago, China said:

Jewish GOPer deserts DeSantis for Trump after he was beaten up by 'Nazi' in Florida

Until Monday, State Rep. Randy Fine was a staunch supporter of DeSantis, championing the governor's policies and legislation.

But the politician recounted how he believes he's a target based on being the only Jew elected to the state's Legislature, culminating in claims that he was pummeled by a "Nazi" two weeks ago – and saying that's "no big deal" in "Ron DeSantis' Florida."

He suggested that he had been a cheerleader for DeSantis' policies in Florida, and the governor in turn reportedly flattered Fine, suggesting he seek the presidency of Florida Atlantic University.

"I love his words," Fine wrote. "His actions have broken my heart.“

Since his attack at the hands of a Nazi, Fine said he has had a change of heart.

"The past two weeks have made me realize our choice as Jews is simple,” Fine wrote in the column that he also tweeted in full. “We can vote for the governor who says all the right things, or we can vote for the president who actually does them.

"When it comes to action, Donald Trump has never let us down.”

Going from one Fascist to another. Just because Ivanka married a Jewish man and changed religions doesn't mean that TFG respects Jewish people now. 

No Labels’ Weird, Anti-Democratic Plot to Hand the 2024 Election to Trump

No Labels, a well-funded centrist group in Washington, D.C., describes itself as “an organization of Democrats, Republicans, and independents working to bring American leaders together to solve problems.” The group seems to want to create one instead during next year’s presidential election.

Third Way, a Democratic-aligned nonprofit group, charged No Labels on Tuesday with orchestrating a “radical new plan” to block President Joe Biden from getting a majority in the Electoral College. The plan consists of running a well-funded third-party candidate in key states, then sending the election to the Republican-controlled House of Representatives, where former President Donald Trump would be virtually certain to win.

“No Labels has made clear that their new plan is to put a Republican at the top of their ticket,” Third Way claimed in a memo published on Tuesday. “And because they can’t win the presidency outright, they’ve indicated that their intention now is to exercise leverage over the winner by denying both major parties 270 Electoral College votes. That radical new plan would ensure a second Trump term.”

Such an outcome would be a disaster for American democracy. Trump may very well win the 2024 presidential election on his own if Biden’s support continues to weaken, which would be dangerous in and of itself. But a contingent election in the House of Representatives would compound the problem by sidestepping the will of the American electorate entirely in favor of a two-century-old mechanism that has destabilized the country before.

No Labels has previously denied that this is what it hopes to achieve, in an undated FAQ on its website. “No Labels is solely getting ballot access,” it claimed. “That’s it. We will not run a presidential campaign. No Labels will not offer our ballot line to an independent Unity ticket unless it has a chance to win outright in the Electoral College.” (An “independent Unity ticket” has no chance to win outright in the Electoral College.)

But Third Way pointed to more recent statements by No Labels employees and some of their published materials. Ryan Clancy, No Labels’ chief strategist, said in a CNN interview in May that No Labels could use its electoral votes as a “bargaining chip” with one of the two major-party candidates to prevent a contingent election. Since Trump would almost certainly win a contingent election and would have no incentive to avoid one, that would mean “negotiating” with Biden.

And in an explainer published on RealClearPolitics in August, No Labels highlighted a contingent election as one potential pathway to “win” a presidential election, recounting past instances where a small faction was able to tip the outcome. “Political scientists debate what would happen in such a contingent election in modern times, but 1824 shows that the path to the Oval Office can be more unlikely than voters often imagine,” it coyly concluded.

• Thumb down 2

5 hours ago, China said:

No Labels’ Weird, Anti-Democratic Plot to Hand the 2024 Election to Trump

No Labels, a well-funded centrist group in Washington, D.C., describes itself as “an organization of Democrats, Republicans, and independents working to bring American leaders together to solve problems.” The group seems to want to create one instead during next year’s presidential election.

Third Way, a Democratic-aligned nonprofit group, charged No Labels on Tuesday with orchestrating a “radical new plan” to block President Joe Biden from getting a majority in the Electoral College. The plan consists of running a well-funded third-party candidate in key states, then sending the election to the Republican-controlled House of Representatives, where former President Donald Trump would be virtually certain to win.

“No Labels has made clear that their new plan is to put a Republican at the top of their ticket,” Third Way claimed in a memo published on Tuesday. “And because they can’t win the presidency outright, they’ve indicated that their intention now is to exercise leverage over the winner by denying both major parties 270 Electoral College votes. That radical new plan would ensure a second Trump term.”

Such an outcome would be a disaster for American democracy. Trump may very well win the 2024 presidential election on his own if Biden’s support continues to weaken, which would be dangerous in and of itself. But a contingent election in the House of Representatives would compound the problem by sidestepping the will of the American electorate entirely in favor of a two-century-old mechanism that has destabilized the country before.

No Labels has previously denied that this is what it hopes to achieve, in an undated FAQ on its website. “No Labels is solely getting ballot access,” it claimed. “That’s it. We will not run a presidential campaign. No Labels will not offer our ballot line to an independent Unity ticket unless it has a chance to win outright in the Electoral College.” (An “independent Unity ticket” has no chance to win outright in the Electoral College.)

But Third Way pointed to more recent statements by No Labels employees and some of their published materials. Ryan Clancy, No Labels’ chief strategist, said in a CNN interview in May that No Labels could use its electoral votes as a “bargaining chip” with one of the two major-party candidates to prevent a contingent election. Since Trump would almost certainly win a contingent election and would have no incentive to avoid one, that would mean “negotiating” with Biden.

And in an explainer published on RealClearPolitics in August, No Labels highlighted a contingent election as one potential pathway to “win” a presidential election, recounting past instances where a small faction was able to tip the outcome. “Political scientists debate what would happen in such a contingent election in modern times, but 1824 shows that the path to the Oval Office can be more unlikely than voters often imagine,” it coyly concluded.

I read a little about this a couple of months ago, but I still don’t think I understand it. For this to work, a third party candidate would have to win at least one state and both Trump and Biden would have to fail to get to 270 votes. That’s where it all starts, right? Which hasn’t happened in quite awhile. Perot didn’t get any EVs.

Unless I’m missing something, I feel like this is getting more ink than it needs to. 

• Thumb up 1

13 hours ago, Ball Security said:

I read a little about this a couple of months ago, but I still don’t think I understand it. For this to work, a third party candidate would have to win at least one state and both Trump and Biden would have to fail to get to 270 votes. That’s where it all starts, right? Which hasn’t happened in quite awhile. Perot didn’t get any EVs.

Unless I’m missing something, I feel like this is getting more ink than it needs to. 

They don’t need to win a state to tip to Trump.  The assumption is that a No Labels candidate will draw more votes from Biden.  In key states if No Labels candidate gets around say 5% or more and draws those votes from Biden; that tips that state to Trump.

Considering how close some states were, this could be fatal to a Biden campaign.

Also, No labels refuses to reveal their donors. It’s suspected many of their donors are Trump donors.

3 minutes ago, 88Comrade2000 said:

They don’t need to win a state to tip to Trump.  The assumption is that a No Labels candidate will draw more votes from Biden.  In key states if No Labels candidate gets around say 5% or more and draws those votes from Biden; that tips that state to Trump.

Considering how close some states were, this could be fatal to a Biden campaign.

Also, No labels refuses to reveal their donors. It’s suspected many of their donors are Trump donors.

Unless it's RFK Jr. who seems to be taking support from Trump.

4 minutes ago, 88Comrade2000 said:

I was clearly referring to this part:

No Labels has made clear that their new plan is to put a Republican at the top of their ticket,” Third Way claimed in a memo published on Tuesday. “And because they can’t win the presidency outright, they’ve indicated that their intention now is toexercise leverage over the winner by denying bothmajor parties 270 Electoral College votes. Thatradical new plan would ensure a second Trump term.

2 hours ago, ixcuincle said:

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/dean-phillips-biden-presidential-primary-challenge/

So who's in the democratic primary now, Biden, RFK Jr, Marianne and this guy

That being said I can't remember the last time an incumbent was seriously challenged in a primary lol

Ftfy. None of those 3 are actual Democrats. 

Edit..OK maybe Dean Philips is one. But I'd question his actions. 

Edited by The Evil Genius
  • Thumb up 1

There are actually DOZENS of candidates who filed with the FEC to run for president as Democrats. 

https://ballotpedia.org/Presidential_candidates,_2024#List_of_registered_2024_presidential_candidates

I don't see why RFJ Jr. or Marianne Williams or anyone else (except Joe) should be treated any differently than, say, Terrisa Bukovinac, a pro-LIFE activist whose only claim to fame is being found in possession of five aborted fetuses. 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Terrisa_Bukovinac

Is this person any more icky and crazy than RFK Jr.?

Edited by PleaseBlitz