Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Election 2024 & Presidential Cage Match: Dark Brandon 46 vs Demento Farty 45

88Comrade2000

17 hours ago, Cooked Crack said:

This is how you know people like him are full of ****. If you actually, truly believe that (1) Life begins and conception and (2) Abortion is murder, then you can't morally allow "murder" for the first 6 weeks and then be against it.

I know it's for electoral reasons, and I know it's a stepping stone to a full abortion and birth control ban, but I really ****ing wish one of their own extremists would publicly call them out on it. I grew up in a very conservative church, so I know first-hand the split between "abortion and birth control of any kind are murder, full stop, we have to get rid of them" and "well, we don't care about birth control and are only really weirded out by abortion once the fetus looks human, but we can use this to keep our members in lock-step with the right way to vote." I  just wish at this point their own emboldened zealots actually had the courage to start demanding what they really want loudly in public for all to see.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, LadySkinsFan said:

Those last two candidates don't have a following that can drive the party. They appeal to a small amount of Democrat voters. 

16 hours ago, The Evil Genius said:

Manchin has no following. Don't be absurd. 

I think the concern with Manchin isn't with Democrat voters. General elections tend to be won with independent/undecided voters. 

Remember, just because we pay attention to what's going on doesn't mean everyone does. This sounds sort of snotty and elitist left-coast of me. Still, millions of Americans hardly pay attention to current events outside of Infotainment news gushing over the latest Kardashian drama. To them, Trump is entertaining and fun to watch. January 6? They already forgot about it. Sexual assault charges? It's in New York. Real people don't live in New York. Does the GOP have a real platform outside of scapegoating random minority groups? Doesn't affect them. 

If Manchin can pull a few hundred thousand pissed-off Democratic voters in swing states and voter turnout is kept low, which in red states is becoming the norm, it will be enough for Trump to win the Electoral College, or make it close enough to kick up to the SCOTUS who will rule in his favor. 

1 hour ago, The Evil Genius said:

He won in 2018 with 60%. I'd think the Dems will hold this one. 😁

Yes but we'll get a chance at putting someone better in that seat.

It's a topic of conversation here 

• Thumb up 1

Exclusive-Texts tie DeSantis closely to Trump insider Lev Parnas in 2018 race

BOCA RATON, Florida (Reuters) - Ukrainian-American businessman Lev Parnas and his business partner were arrested in 2019, accused by the U.S. government of funneling a Russian oligarch’s money into American political campaigns. One recipient of Parnas’ donations -- Florida Governor Ron DeSantis -- has said he was barely an acquaintance.

“The governor does not have a relationship with these individuals,” DeSantis’ spokesperson at the time, Helen Aguirre Ferré, said in a statement on Oct. 10, 2019. Six days later, DeSantis told reporters that Parnas "was just like any other donor, nothing more than that.”

But DeSantis and Parnas worked more closely together than the Republican governor has disclosed, according to a detailed account of their relationship Parnas provided to Reuters and 63 previously unreported text messages from DeSantis to Parnas between May and October 2018, as DeSantis campaigned for governor. A jury later found Parnas guilty of campaign finance crimes and other charges.

https://news.yahoo.com/exclusive-texts-tie-desantis-closely-114844566.html

Edited by EmirOfShmo
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, Fergasun said:

Hey... let's have 10 different GOP options and maybe we won't split the Trump vote like last time.  Idiots... unless they think Trump is likely to be wearing prison attire.  

Yes, that's the fear, but I think it was unrealistic to expect that it was just going to be a Trump vs DeSantis battle all the way from mid-2023 without anyone else putting their feet in the water.

Especially when these same people read the same polls and stories about DeSantis floundering in the past few months. Now, will Ron's poll numbers improve once he formally enters the race (in the next week as expected). You would think. But we'll have to likely wait until the debates to see what happens.

The key is to how quickly in the cycle the field will narrow behind a single anti-Trump alternative. At this stage, nobody knows who that'll be.

39 minutes ago, hail2skins said:

Yes, that's the fear, but I think it was unrealistic to expect that it was just going to be a Trump vs DeSantis battle all the way from mid-2023 without anyone else putting their feet in the water.

Especially when these same people read the same polls and stories about DeSantis floundering in the past few months. Now, will Ron's poll numbers improve once he formally enters the race (in the next week as expected). You would think. But we'll have to likely wait until the debates to see what happens.

The key is to how quickly in the cycle the field will narrow behind a single anti-Trump alternative. At this stage, nobody knows who that'll be.

I don’t see Desantis poll numbers rising. Frankly, as more people see him across the country, they probably will be turned off by him.

Trump already has Maga support, which is 30-40%. In the primaries, the  more rabid base are the ones who tend to vote; while the rest wait until the general election.  Since Trump has the Maga vote, he should easily cruise to the nomination.

I don’t see anyone, even Desantis, taking that vote from Donald. Even if Trump is in jail, maga will vote for him. If they can’t vote for Trump, I doubt Maga votes for anyone and stays home in the primary and even the general election.

That’s what the gop field is banking on, Trump eventually being out of the picture. 

12 minutes ago, The Evil Genius said:

Little d was for the covid vaccines before he learned his moron supporters were against it. 

The Republicans were for the vaccines.  

Until their polling data said that the voters were giving credit for the rollout to Biden, instead of giving credit to Trump.  

• Like 1

On 5/22/2023 at 1:23 PM, skinsmarydu said:

North Charleston is where I  landed on my ship.   Great bars there.  Looks like he hit The Flying Dutchman on "drink or drown" night. 

Should go back. My daughter lives there…At least until Saturday, when I drive a Uhaul for her, and her partner, to LA. Can’t wait!🫣

N. Charleston now has great breweries also! Not saying I’ve done a lot of partying there, but…um…maybe!

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 2