Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

NCAA Basketball

PleaseBlitz

9 minutes ago, abdcskins said:

That Nelson kid is good.

Illinois 6/20 at the line 😣

Guess they are 9/21 actually.  I misheard.  Shannon back in, immediately cans a three.

He’s so, so good. 

Need Illinois to win to be in the black for the evening.

• Thumb up 1

On 3/25/2024 at 8:00 AM, Fergasun said:

Houston, Purdue, UConn still alive

UNC, Tennessee, Arizona, Iowa St. too (smaller upset)

Duke, Gonzaga, as well (bigger upset)

St. Mary's and Utah St. Out!

Houston, Purdue, UCONN - all still alive (only UCONN played)

Big moves on the second tier

Only Tennesee left (and they didn't advance yet)

UNC, Iowa St and Arizona OUT! 

Duke and Gonzaga on the third tier. 

Best case, I will have 4 of the elite eight.  Worse case, 3.  

Clemson/Alabama is a bracket buster. 

Out of all the underdogs tomorrow who might win, I like Creighton the most. I expect Houston, Purdue, and Marquette to win, although I have been underestimating NC State the last three weeks.

As a Tar Heel fan, we obviously choked last night(Well one player did) and I have never been one to say 'Oh well let's cheer on the other ACC teams still in it'. F that. State continues to play out of their ass, has to end at some point. Hope same goes for Duke against Houston later on tonight.

Think UConn will win the whole thing again.

Hate seeing Duke get lucky like that.  One of the best players in the country goes down for Houston.  He's the conductor of that offense and they're an entirely different team without him. 

Hopefully he comes back but that did not look good.  

• Sad 1

3 hours ago, Cool Hwhip said:

As a Tar Heel fan, we obviously choked last night(Well one player did) and I have never been one to say 'Oh well let's cheer on the other ACC teams still in it'. F that. State continues to play out of their ass, has to end at some point. Hope same goes for Duke against Houston later on tonight.

Think UConn will win the whole thing again.

You guys were never gonna make it out of LA anyway. They sent a hit squad for you -- both Bert Smith AND Jeb Hartness are there. You'd have to play damn near perfect ball to overcome them. Your record, for obvious reasons, ain't good when those whistles are manning the court. Doesn't help when Bacot falls apart. Wonder how NBA scouts are assessing him. The Filipowski kid is awesome, much better (and more consistent IMHO).

The NC State-Duke game will be interesting, but Jeff Anderson is in Dallas. That doesn't bode well for the Wolfpack.

Thought Houston was going to regroup at halftime after the injury. If UNC had pulled it out last night, it would have guaranteed two ACC Final Four teams.

I do think that Illinois has the best chance to beat UConn out of the remaining seven. I don’t think they will though.

On 3/16/2024 at 5:02 PM, Fergasun said:

National championship team is likely to be Houston, Purdue, UCONN (50%)

UNC, Tennessee, Arizona, Iowa State (35%)

Duke, Auburn, South Carolina (10%)

Huge upset like South Carolina, Gonzaga, St. Mary's, Utah State (5%).

Basing this in their losses.  Typically the National champion has no more than 5 or 6 losses. It's rarely above 8 (UCONN last year a special case). 

I like more unpredictability.  And I did this based on their losses a week ago. 

Quoting my prediction from the beginning: 

Purdue, UCONN (50%) 

Tennessee (35%), 
Duke (10%) 

I'll concede that I just looked at teams and didn't fill in a bracket. So Alabama/Clemson is the bracket buster.  NC State/Duke is also a bit of a buster.  We're likely to get Purdue v. UCONN in the final.  

1 hour ago, @DCGoldPants said:

https://wapo.st/4cBAM4A

Gift link for the WaPo Mulkey profile. Not a hit piece. She's a grumpy asshole and maybe homophobic. She comes off as a Bobby Knight of women's coaches. Wins a lot and is a mean jerk. 

Conservative, COVID-denialist, likely homophobic, and private/eccentric but one of the most successful women's basketball coach around at the moment is a jerk, controls her program and pushes her players to the limit.  But she wins.  

She has a good reason to hate her dad... and it seems like the article is written from his point of view.  

It may seem very odd for a conservative homophobic to gain success from queer players and not acknowedge their personalities.   but she seems like she treats everyone similarly not the bestest.

• Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1