Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Nah Nah Nah…Nah Nah Nah…Hey Hey Hey…GOODBYE CLOWNSHOES

Koolblue13

Sheehan

A.  Referenced a CBS report which I couldn't find that stated they expected the annoucement of the winning bid would happen before the draft.

B. He is still hearing annoucement soon, still hearing its likely Harris

edit, found it

The Washington Commanders will soon set an NFL record for the most expensive sale in league history, and the winning bidder could be revealed within the next week or so according to multiple sources who spoke to CBS Sports recently.

The Joshua Harris-led group appears to be the front-runner to purchase the Commanders from Dan Snyder at a price that will be around $6 billion, far exceeding the previous record of $4.65 billion set last year by the Walton-Penner group when it purchased the Denver Broncos.

CBS Sports reported two weeks ago that the sale could take place within three weeks, and it appears that timeline remains intact for now.

Any sale of the team would have to be approved by three-quarters of NFL ownership. Owners plan to convene in May for a regularly scheduled spring meeting, where a vote on final approval could take place. Harris' previous bid for the Denver Broncos means the league is familiar with him and his finances, which would help expedite the approval process.

...One source posited in November to CBS Sports that Bezos could simply be a boogeyman used to drive the bidding price of the franchise up.

"If I'm the league, the longer I can keep him as a stalking horse, the better," the source said then.

Despite momentum for a resolution within the next week or so, sources warn that anything can happen when it comes to Snyder. 

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Thumb up 1

3 hours ago, Rocky21 said:

’d also like to say I can’t remember the last time anyone on this site was as spectacularly and completely wrong on anything as SoCal on Bezos.  

It’s a pretty huge L for sure. 

3 hours ago, Darrell Green Fan said:

I'd argue Dwayne Haskins, before the tragedy.  He was never going to be a top NFL QB.  

Not to talk bad about someone after the untimely tragedy but I was pretty adamant far before just about anyone he would be a bust here. It was more aggressive than this thread about Bezos. So I do have my moments! 

3 hours ago, NickyJ said:

Harris is a boring dude. I absolutely LOVE boring dudes. You know who else is boring? The Hunts. Whoever the last owner of the Broncos was before they got bought by Walmart. The Seahawks owner. The Buccaneers owner who I don't remember the name of because they're boring.

Boring people make the world go round, and I want to finally have a team that is more interesting than the owner.

Agree.

I actually think Harris and Rales will be in the background making things happen.

I expect the public face of ownership to be Magic Johnson. And I love that.

• Like 2
  • Thumb up 1

4 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Not sure yet that's real I've seen nothing else

They have 35.5K followers.  Let's see if the wings spread and it takes off with other outlets out there local and well known. It is Friday and news with Snyder has come on Fridays. 

Edited by RWJ