Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Nah Nah Nah…Nah Nah Nah…Hey Hey Hey…GOODBYE CLOWNSHOES

Koolblue13

3 minutes ago, redskinss said:

The part of this that doesn't make sense is the non disclosure agreement and the firm bezos hired that handled the last two sales.

Why would he do that if he had no interest at all?

Genuine interest.
Maybe dipped his toe in the water to see what’s what.

Maybe getting set up and cleared to dive right in on the Seattle sale. 

Time will tell.

21 minutes ago, Wildbunny said:

I used to be in the Bezos camp because he can spend a lot on this team without worrying much.

He's got enough money to finance everything all by himself, thought that's no garantee he will ever do it.

Still, reading your many posts and other articles about Rales and Harris as me more than fine with both and would even say that they do have an edge, for me at least, over Bezos.

So congrats! You converted me to it, even if I'm not gonna complain if it's Bezos :P

lol, not trying to convert anyone.  :ols:. Just expressing what I am learning and think as this goes along.

Harris was a slow burn for me.  @kingdaddy made a lot of good posts about him owning the 76ers.  Then as i started digesting other narratives about him, especially from Philly reporters and Banner who used to be the GM of the Eagles and knew him -- I started liking the idea more.

But it was Rales that took me over the top.   I like most of what I've heard about Harris, there is some I didn't like.  But on the aggregate I dug the idea of him as an owner.  But with Rales his profile is through the roof perfect at least as far as what I want which is class-competence.

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Like 2
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 3

1 minute ago, SoCalSkins said:

He may or may not be the best outcome. That can be debated. He would not waste his time if he was not interested. The moment he hired Allen and Company and signed the NDA with BofA this was over. 

We don’t really know if he’s wasted any real tangible time do we ?

1 minute ago, Est.1974 said:

We don’t really know if he’s wasted any real tangible time do we ?

He signed the NDA, must have talked to Allen and company a few times and he had dinner with Jay Z to discuss it. That’s enough of a time and reputation investment that he will buy it. We will know shortly.

He’s not going to let Jay Z down! 😂 

4 minutes ago, Spearfeather said:

We're there any sources outside of the NY Post that said that ?

Yes the Washington post and others reported it.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Est.1974 said:

I’d forgotten about that Jay Z meeting. God you’re right, done deal :ols:

Lauren Sanchez doesn’t want the disappointed text from Beyoncé either if Jeff doesn’t deliver. 

Plus if he’s willing to spend 50 billion leaving the ex wife what’s another 6 or 7 to keep the new girlfriend happy?

• Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

21 minutes ago, redskinss said:

The part of this that doesn't make sense is the non disclosure agreement and the firm bezos hired that handled the last two sales.

Why would he do that if he had no interest at all?

Due diligence. He IS interested in buying an NFL franchise and one is up for sale. He wants access to information to assess if making a bid is something he wants to do.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumb up 3

1 minute ago, MartinC said:

Due diligence. He IS interested in buying an NFL franchise and one is up for sale. He wants access to information to assess if making a bid is something he wants to do.

One was up for sale last year as well. That was after he tried to acquire the minority shares in Washington from Schar and Fred Smith. He did not do any due diligence on the Broncos.  He has specific interest in this NFL team.

Let's not forget that the Bezos group is playing catch up with the other groups who were involved from the beginning if he was granted access in late February, as reported. 

So the new firm are likely doing their due diligence before making/not making an actual offer. 

7 minutes ago, SoCalSkins said:

One was up for sale last year as well. That was after he tried to acquire the minority shares in Washington from Schar and Fred Smith. He did not do any due diligence on the Broncos.  He has specific interest in this NFL team.

If he has the clock is ticking on him turning that interest into action.

Just now, MartinC said:

If he has the clock is ticking on him turning that interest into action.

Allen and Company brought in Walton right at the very end of the Broncos process as well. If he has interest he has the right firm engaged on his behalf. We should know shortly either way hopefully. 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, SoCalSkins said:

Sure he had some specific interest in this team. But that was prior to many scandals, that the new owners will have to deal with as soon as the sale is official.

But once again, the fact that he can outbid everyone and overpay for this team doesn't mean it's a guarantee he'll do it.

I would even say that the fact he hired a company to look after it means he's kinda cautious about it.

Otherwise, if he really wanted it, he could have just bid at 8 billion the day after bids were open and that would have been game over a long time ago.

But he didn't.

So he's obviously interested but not at whatever price.

6 minutes ago, spjunkies said:

It means that they've completed negotiations with Dan Snyder to let him keep a 95% share of the team because Harris and Rales can't afford it and we could have been better with Bezos and nothing will change and I need an article from Bezos' mouthpiece to make me stop panicking please help

• Haha 1
  • Confused 3
  • Sad 2

16 minutes ago, Wildbunny said:

Sure he had some specific interest in this team. But that was prior to many scandals, that the new owners will have to deal with as soon as the sale is official.

But once again, the fact that he can outbid everyone and overpay for this team doesn't mean it's a guarantee he'll do it.

I would even say that the fact he hired a company to look after it means he's kinda cautious about it.

Otherwise, if he really wanted it, he could have just bid at 8 billion the day after bids were open and that would have been game over a long time ago.

But he didn't.

So he's obviously interested but not at whatever price.

So if he actually wanted the team he would not have hired the firm that processed the last two NFL sales for the Broncos and Panthers and who also happen to process the sale of the Washington Post to Bezos? Instead he would have personally called Dan and said here is 8 billion?

Dude this is nonsensical rambling. 

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, NickyJ said:

It means that they've completed negotiations with Dan Snyder to let him keep a 95% share of the team because Harris and Rales can't afford it and we could have been better with Bezos and nothing will change and I need an article from Bezos' mouthpiece to make me stop panicking please help

You do realize the combined net worth of Harris and Rales is about the same as Jerry Jones and he happens to be the 3rd richest owner. For the life of me I don't understand why people think Harris and Rales can't afford to purchase the team.

Edited by RVAskins
  • Like 2

Just now, RVAskins said:

You do realize the combined net worth of Harris and Rales is about the same as Jerry Jones and he happens to be the 3rd richest owner. I For the life of me I don't understand why people think Harris and Rales can't afford to purchase the team.

But Jerry Jones didn't pay 6 billion for the Cowboys.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, lavar1156 said:

I get that but it's not like any group that buy's the team is going to open their checkbook and write a 6 billion dollar check. It will be finance with two people at the top who know how to run a business.

Edited by RVAskins

1 minute ago, lavar1156 said:

Exactly. He paid $150 million. The last two sales have gone to the two wealthiest owners in the NFL. Walton and Tepper. Price of entry is hitting the $20B net worth level at these prices.