Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Nah Nah Nah…Nah Nah Nah…Hey Hey Hey…GOODBYE CLOWNSHOES

Koolblue13

I feel bad for Wright. Not in a "his job is impossible AND he's struggled at a lot more than seems possible" kind of way. 

But now in a "I will die on this hill for no reason" kind of way. 

The statement about external representation and trying to undo something was sad.

Cleaning out his office and leaving a note on Tanya/Dan's desk that said "I can't do this and respect myself as the same time. Thank you for the opportunity, goodbye" would have been a strong move. 

• Like 13

8 hours ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

Using Brian Robinson in that statement, that’s just stupid, classless, disgusting, pathetic. But, I don’t expect anything less from Snyder. Jeez what an embarassment. EMBARASSMENT, on all levels. **** that

cant even enjoy one day of vacation without that moron embarrassing my favorite team! This clown show can’t end soon enough 

I was just listening to the Junkies taking my daughter to school and I just heard the statement they said with Robinson. It is sickening, disgusting and just crazy. What person does crap like that? I hope he goes to prison and eats water down meatloaf and drinks milk out of a plastic bag. 

• Like 1

The reaction in Washington, should Daniel Snyder follow through with a sale of the local NFL franchise, would be nothing but pure, unadulterated, dancing-in-the-streets glee. The Capitals and Nationals earned their parades down Constitution Avenue. But if Snyder sold the Commanders, wouldn’t there be a spontaneous gathering that spilled onto the National Mall before the ink was dry?

8 minutes ago, actorguy1 said:

My guess for the press conference today is announcing a class action lawsuit for season ticket holders who never got refunded. That would bring a yawn from me.

That's what most think.  Gutman though makes a point right now in addition to that on 980 which is this might irk the league some because it might put them potentially on the spot.

Both he and Sheehan don't care for this though in the context of Dan, they worry if Dan gets poked too much he might hold the fort and push back and in turn change his mind on selling. 

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

pure, unadulterated, dancing-in-the-streets glee.

I heard through the grapevine that @Cooleyfan1993 is seriously warming up in Vegas right now ;)

Edit: Do you know at what the announcement will be made ? maybe I can catch it despite the jetlag

Edited by FrFan

37 minutes ago, Riggo#44 said:

How times a day do you think Jason Wright thinks to himself "Dan, would you shut the **** up?!"

Not much.  He's shown to be just as incompetent as Bruce Allen.  Just another yes man to Snyder.  The new owner/s should clean house and start with him first.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 2

17 hours ago, Est.1974 said:

Totally agree with that as the logical outcome.

However, I really think we could be shocked at the way this goes. The NFL Finance Committee review and owner vote will be a nailed on formality, so for example if Bezos was picked in late January, I expect plenty of behind the scenes acquisitions being lined up in waiting as those league formalities are done. It won’t be dead time.

The issue is there is a lot of legal and accounting stuff which just takes as long as it takes.  90-180 days is standard, and the bigger, more complex the transaction the longer those things take.  

Just to get through the diligence and legal aspects of the transaction will take a while. Even if everything is lined up.  And the timeline will be outlined mostly by the buyer, not Dan or the NFL. The buyer has to be comfortable with what they are buying, and with all the assets the team holds, it’s going to take some time.  

Its just financial transaction stuff.  It takes a while.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, @DCGoldPants said:

I feel bad for Wright. Not in a "his job is impossible AND he's struggled at a lot more than seems possible" kind of way. 

But now in a "I will die on this hill for no reason" kind of way. 

The statement about external representation and trying to undo something was sad.

Cleaning out his office and leaving a note on Tanya/Dan's desk that said "I can't do this and respect myself as the same time. Thank you for the opportunity, goodbye" would have been a strong move. 

I don't feel bad for anyone who knowingly sold out their integrity and dignity for a position where they'd have to be Danya's lapdog.  

I get it, I really do.  There are only 32 jobs out there like this.  And he's probably pulling down a really nice salary.

Or, if you're someone like Wright, who's well educated, former pro athlete, engaging and allegedly intelligent, you just bet on yourself to be able to make a good living and advance elsewhere while being able to keep your integrity and dignity intact by avoiding hopping into bed with Danya.

• Like 5

38 minutes ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

The issue is there is a lot of legal and accounting stuff which just takes as long as it takes.  90-180 days is standard, and the bigger, more complex the transaction the longer those things take.  

Just to get through the diligence and legal aspects of the transaction will take a while. Even if everything is lined up.  And the timeline will be outlined mostly by the buyer, not Dan or the NFL. The buyer has to be comfortable with what they are buying, and with all the assets the team holds, it’s going to take some time.  

Its just financial transaction stuff.  It takes a while.  

Yep agree, I’m involved in similar matters like this too. I am just taking an optimistic outlook on this one. Very optimistic probably. :ols:

Either way we are on the right track.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Riggo#44 said:

Dollars to donuts this is what the presser is about this afternoon.

**** these mother****ers.  Seriously.  "Oooops, we're caught up in an investigation, here's your $1,000 back from 2008, sorry about that.  We all good?  K thx bye."

Are they gonna toss in a few extra bucks for this $1,000 bucks that people could have been accumulating interest or dividends on for the past however many years in a savings account, mutual fund, 401k?  

**** the Commanders to hell, what a piece of **** organization.  "We're trying to avoid an indictment!  Here, take your cash back!"

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3

3 minutes ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

**** these mother****ers.  Seriously.  "Oooops, we're caught up in an investigation, here's your $1,000 back from 2008, sorry about that.  We all good?  K thx bye."

Are they gonna toss in a few extra bucks for this $1,000 bucks that people could have been accumulating interest or dividends on for the past however many years in a savings account, mutual fund, 401k?  

**** the Commanders to hell, what a piece of **** organization.  "We're trying to avoid an indictment!  Here, take your cash back!"

Ready for this one?!

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

3 hours ago, Chris 44 said:

If and when this site suddenly goes dark is there a rallying point for members to reconvene? Serious question because I fully expect Snyder, without warning, to pull the plug at some point.

What Chris said.

I will really miss you people if this place goes away. It would be like a seeping void in the center of my day.

I certainly think Dan is vindictive and vile enough to get back at us for what he would consider, "being disloyal to their innocent owner".

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, CommanderInTheRye said:

What Chris said.

I will really miss you people if this place goes away. It would be like a seeping void in the center of my day.

I certainly think Dan is vindictive and vile enough to get back at us for what he would consider, "being disloyal to their innocent owner".

I agree.

I looked at vbulletin software per month, it's pretty expensive.  

• Thanks 1