Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Nah Nah Nah…Nah Nah Nah…Hey Hey Hey…GOODBYE CLOWNSHOES

Koolblue13

20 minutes ago, Conn said:

I agree. Especially with the perception that we have a pretty good/nearly complete defense (rightly or wrongly). I think people expecting a total teardown 2-15 rebuild year or two are going to be disappointed. I predict the next owner is going to want to figure out GM/HC/QB/OL pretty much in that order (although it’ll be his GM focused on the latter spots, if the FO is constructed properly). 

Yeah I dont see the 2-15 happening. It should be the path but they wont unfortunately. I expect it to be an evaluation of the way the team was operating and then the clean sweep. 

Think everyone with any sort of brain can see Ron and Co's staff being let go after next year. Maybe some or all of the FO is swept after the draft this year. I also think everyone can put themselves into Ron's shoes of self preservation. Self preservation leads to desperation. Desperation leads to win now moves that can hurt the future. Im just envisoning us drafting 15th and having to trade up to like 6th for like Levis giving up picks for a future Ron wont be a part of making to then have a bad QB selection because Ron and COs bad player evaluations history here and elsewhere. So now you enter 2024 with no first rounder, a bad team that needs dismantled, and a QB you didnt pick. 

Thankfully the new owner should be in by the draft and can give that order if he wants. I don't think thatll happen. At least with Ron in Carolina he was below the GM and its not a 1 man hierarchy. Rons going to sell out to try and save his job next offseason. Hope to god theres no QB picks, FA signings, or massive trades. 

2 hours ago, Zim489 said:

Its one year of transition and hopefully be a great tank commander

I'd rather take a chance on a promising if under-qualified up-and-comer over a literal dinosaur like JDR.

Dude hasn't even served this team well enough to be retained as DC, let alone promoted to HC. 

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, SoCalSkins said:

It could be a civil case against Dan and the Commanders and that could complicate a sale. Last thing we need is anything making it harder for Dan to dump the team. 

If something like that came up and their is something to lengthen the sale considerably theyll just vote him out and take control of the team.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Zim489 said:

If something like that came up and their is something to lengthen the sale considerably theyll just vote him out and take control of the team.

This is not a big issue. The contingency of a civil penalty just means some of the cash is held in escrow until things are settled

What are we betting that this press conference tomorrow is a nothingburger?  Or is it actually something really big?

I have no basis for this, but it seems like when someone announces that they have something to announce in 24 hours, it's never really that big or important.  Like, here we all were, minding our own business last week when BOOM the Forbes article dropped out of ****ing nowhere.  No rumors leading up to it, it was duck **** tight the whole way.  

I just think that whenever they announce that they have a major announcement forthcoming, the results are usually disappointing.  Like if the AG's like "We're charging Dan Snyder and trying to find him to arrest him, if you have information in regards to his whereabouts (WHICH WOULD BE ****ING AWESOME) please call this tip line..."  They'd just come out and say that today. 

• Like 1