Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Broken #1QB. Now who should start?

SlobberknockerSkinsFan

So now it’s being reported that he whose name I shall not mention is now broken (Right ring finger) and is traveling out here to LA to get it checked out. Who should be starting? 

please try and keep it classy. I don’t want this thread to turn into a a complete crap show, even though I know it will…🤷🏻‍♂️🤣

TH, give fans some excitement and see if team can turn it around and we can have a season. If it doesnt work play Sam and get out of the Carson experiment and save 2nd rounder.

I just dont play for losses for a draft in April which is far from a sure thing. I want some enjoyment during the season with some positive Sundays beating rivals.

Edited by TChaler70
  • Like 3
  • Thumb down 4
  • Thumb up 1

3 minutes ago, TChaler70 said:

TH, give fans some excitement and see if team can turn it around and we can have a season. If it doesnt work play Sam and get out of the Carson experiment and save 2nd rounder.

I just dont play for losses for a draft in April which is far from a sure thing. I want some enjoyment during the season with some positive Sundays beating rivals.

I’m in agreement. My personal opinion before that new guy came along, was that TH should have gotten a full offseason as #1 and roll with it. Of course I also said we’d do something idiotic like signing that guy after the season ended, so there’s that too…

• Thumb down 2

Sam Howell. It makes zero sense to play TH over him at this point. Find out what we have in Sam, now, who I think could easily take this team by the reins and win or waste more time and capital next year playing TH. Sam Howell and a emerging Brian Robinson has the potential to be a true game-changer, even for this snakebit damn franchise.

Edited by Chump Bailey
  • Like 3
  • Thumb up 3
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 3

We know what we have in TH. Truth is, we simply don't have enough (and more importantly,  coaching competence) to salvage the season at this point.

What we do need is to find out what we have in Howell.  There's enough time this season to see if he can be the future or not. With a strong QB class coming out in the upcoming draft,  we need to find out if we're grabbing one or if we can continue building the ranks.

HTTR!

• Like 2
  • Thumb up 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

12 minutes ago, Zim489 said:

Howell and its not even close. Its a lost season. No point in playing Taylor you know what you have. Playing Howell gives you foresight into the need for the future. 

If, as I believe, Wentz is not familiar enough with the offence to produce, how familiar is the 3rd stringer?  Or perhaps you think our 5th round pick is the next Tom Brady?

2 minutes ago, Old Blue said:

If, as I believe, Wentz is not familiar enough with the offence to produce, how familiar is the 3rd stringer?  Or perhaps you think our 5th round pick is the next Tom Brady?

Dont care. What is the point in playing taylor? Accidently win a game or 2? **** that

• Like 2
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 2

The offense is designed to get the ball down the field. Howell will make mistakes as a rookie, but at the end of the day Heinicke doesn't have the arm to move this offense beyond small chunks at a time.  There is no mystery or intrigue with Heinicke anymore, we know what he brings to the table.  I think getting Howell out there and seeing what they potentially have in him, (given the situation) also would help the organization be further along in the plan of what to do in the draft in the offseason.   

If they consider this season lost or nearly lost already (and not even due to the QB in the first place necessarily) then I don't see the point of going to Heinicke. 

Maybe you can give Heinicke the rest of October to see if the team can get to .500 by the end of October, but if not, get Howell in there.

• Like 2
  • Thumb up 1

Gotta be Howell!!!!!!!

I hate that Wentz got injured but crisis means opportunity for the bold.

This is Slingin' Sam's Wally Pipp moment. Rivera needs to grow a pair and seize the damn day by starting the rookie.

If they instead play it safe and go with Heineke this is what I predict we'll all be feeling like for the rest of the season....

Prophesying requires lots of spoiler space...

Edited by CommanderInTheRye
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

If Wentz cant go, 100% Rivera will play TH unless Snyder has assured him hes the coach next season no matter what.  Rivera truly believes its a great team and should be making the playoffs, hes not about to give it to the 5th round rookie, hes going to hope they can string a few wins together with the QB hes won some games with.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 2

2 minutes ago, Old Blue said:

I value wins over draft picks, and so do winning teams. Draft picks we've had, it's wins we're lacking.

I value wins in January/Feb over wins in October. Sometimes you have to take a step back to take 2 steps forward. 

This franchise has been paddling with one oar for far too long. They need the entire thing blown up and start anew in the worst way considering they have never done it. 

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, IrepDC said:

Our fans still think developing players is like flipping over a trading card to see what you have

Who says thats "developing"? Youre trying to see if the guy is worth developing. I personally think hes not but its better than watching Taylor accidently win games

• Like 1

Also, the Howell 3rd down “imma stiff arm a couple linebackers” playing style is not sustainable at this level.  He needs more clipboard time to get that coached out of him.  

If you elevate him to starter now, he’s not gonna make it to Thanksgiving.

Edited by TradeTheBeal!
  • Like 1
  • Thumb up 1

1 hour ago, TChaler70 said:

Maybe he gives 5 percent of the fanbase of 10000 of this fanbase will agree that he brings some excitement but most mediocre defense will be able to stuff him, he brings zero future hope potential and is only on the roster because some fans believe in him. 

27 minutes ago, Zim489 said:

I value wins in January/Feb over wins in October. Sometimes you have to take a step back to take 2 steps forward. 

This franchise has been paddling with one oar for far too long. They need the entire thing blown up and start anew in the worst way considering they have never done it. 

The fans have bought into the wait till next year mantra. it's a dangerous place to be. Because in the end, next year never comes.

• Thumb down 1