Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

😀😀 Ron fired days ago. Mission Accomplished.😀😄

88Comrade2000

4 minutes ago, BurgundyBooger said:

Ron isn't going to fire JDR unless he receives some assurance regarding his future with the club. If they intend on firing Ron at the end of the season anyway, why would he create bad blood between himself and JDR by giving him the boot?

If Del Rio is fired he still gets paid the rest of the year. Ron would be doing him a favor.

The notion of "tanking" is pointless. the team we played yesterday was tanking we are just far superior at the suck. Take that NY !

I think it is hard to embrace that mentality in the NFL. Players are going to play hard and not put garbage on tape and not going hard can get you hurt. So we need to have incompetent fools running things and that we have in spades

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, TheBlueIndian said:

The notion of "tanking" is pointless. the team we played yesterday was tanking we are just far superior at the suck. Take that NY !

I think it is hard to embrace that mentality in the NFL. Players are going to play hard and not put garbage on tape and not going hard can get you hurt. So we need to have incompetent fools running things and that we have in spades

Tanking doesn't mean asking for the players to lose on purpose. That'll never happen nor would I want that to happen. But its about focusing on the future and setting yourself up for success in the long run.

I don't expect it to happen but I'd love to shut down McLaurin and Allen who've been playing through injury all year.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Riggo#44 said:

It wouldn't surprise me in the least if either Payne or Allen were traded this offseason.

I don't think we can trade Payne because he just signed a big contract and the cap acceleration would be crippling.

Allen though...yeah its possible. I still like him and I think a new coach would want to keep his leadership, but he's gonna be entering the decline phase of his career soon and might wanna go to a contender. Wouldn't blame him at all and would actually root for him as long as he's not on a rival. He deserves a shot at a ring.

• Like 1

BTW this display of awful game management hasn't been brought up enough.

Why the heck did we call a TO on 3rd and 20 at the end of the 1st half? And then follow it up with a 3 yard dinker to Dotson?

If you wanna be aggressive then fine, be aggressive. But we waited six seconds before calling the TO. And then we called a nothing pass.

The right decision is to just let the clock run out. The second best decision is call a TO right away and take a shot downfield. If you get a 15 or so yard completion, you can let the clock run out and throw a hail mary or something. It'd be suboptimal but at least its kinda justifiable.

We literally did the dumbest possible thing.

God I effing hate this coaching staff so much. I don't think I've ever loathed a staff more. Zorn and Spurrier were incompetent but they were in over their heads and you actually kinda felt bad for them.

This staff are arrogant dinosaurs who are complete morons.

• Like 4

That entire sequence to end the half was embarrassing.  It was all on display- bad playcalling, poor execution and time management malpractice.  At a time when most teams waltz down the field and get points before they get the ball back in the second half.  Then the blooper reel continued with Pringle immediately giving them the ball back.

Make it stop.

Edited by BatteredFanSyndrome

5 minutes ago, Riggo#44 said:

I said on Twitter, I think this might be the worst coaching staff in the NFL

It has to be.  No staff is this archaic and this out of touch with today's NFL.  I'm going to give EB a pass, because he's new to the playcaller world, but Ron & JDR are dinosaurs that are stuck in the past.  I think if we had better coaching, this could be a wild card team, but our coaching holds us back so much.

Edited by samy316

6 minutes ago, Riggo#44 said:

With a much better QB, he's marginally better, statistically, than Scott Turner was. It's absolutely fair to question his inconsistencies.

This is the worst coaching staff in the NFL hands down.  I don't think there's a staff that comes close to be honest with you.  The only other coach that has this much suck in him right now is Brandon Staley.  Sure enough, he's getting headlines and calls to be fired this morning.  If any of you watched the Chargers-Packers game yesterday, you'd know why.  He's literally wasting away Justin Herbert's career.  They gave up 23 points to Jordan Love and the Packers yesterday.  You should see Staley's press conference after the game yesterday, and his testy exchange with the media.  He's a dead man walking.  He might be fired before Ron & Co. as sad as that is to believe.

Staley is getting the headlines that Ron & JDR should be getting this morning.  Ron gets to skate again due to lack of attention from the national media.  I think that will change on Thursday though.  Ron and JDR are going to get a chance to show the entire nation just how incompetent they are on a national scale, when we get dominated and abused by the Cowboys on Thanksgiving in front of 40 Million people,

Edited by samy316

Yeah, I'm generally not into firing a coach mid season unless it is like a Josh McDaniels situation. They stink, let Rivera & Co. drive this Titanic into the iceberg and we can wait for the probably one of the most interesting and actually hopeful off seasons in decades.

Also, I'm not gonna hate on flirting with a top 5 position in the upcoming draft.

3 minutes ago, DJHJR86 said:

Why?  We were assured all offseason that he was the guy behind the success in Kansas City.

To be fair,  it took KC some time to adjust with a post EB......they got off to an extremely rocky start before everything started coming together with the new staff.