Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Insomniac thread: 2022 - Week 1 - KICKOFF EDITION - Welcomes the restless, die hard drunken fans!!!

zCommander

My expectations are not high. There’s a lot of unknown variables with our team, and we are traditionally slow starters AND play down to our competition, which is a really bad combo for this game.

But… just imagine if we were to surprise and blow the doors off Jacksonville to start the season, with Wentz slinging bombs? I can live in this tiny fantasy for one more night, so I think I will. I know it’s not likely to happen no matter how large the chip on anyones’ shoulders in our locker room. 

• Like 5

11 minutes ago, Conn said:

My expectations are not high. There’s a lot of unknown variables with our team, and we are traditionally slow starters AND play down to our competition, which is a really bad combo for this game.

But… just imagine if we were to surprise and blow the doors off Jacksonville to start the season, with Wentz slinging bombs? I can live in this tiny fantasy for one more night, so I think I will. I know it’s not likely to happen no matter how large the chip on anyones’ shoulders in our locker room. 

Yeah, I’m on beer 5 so I’m living In that fantasy too, fully knowing it won’t happen 

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

Plenty of things :) Rum, for instance.

a certain substance starting in W.

Did Rum last night. Kicked my ass a little. Wasn't going to over do it. So taking it easy until I can get back to 100% health. :)

A W should energize my immune system tomorrow though...lol

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

Maybe with a little bit of this sprinkled in:

Milly Alcock as Young Rhaenyra, Emily Carey as Young Alicent in HBO's House  of the Dragon

(And yeah, I get why this is a bit ... complicated? after the end of episode 2 and into episode 3 of House of the Dragon.  But BEFORE that.....) 

This is us watching our super bowl chances slip away every year at some point during the regular season....

Esme Bianco Test GIF - Esme Bianco Test Game Of Thrones - Discover & Share  GIFs

Edited by petey hodge
  • Haha 1

I always try to go into Week 1 less so thinking about whether they will win or not and more about what I want to see from the team as far as growth from the previous season.  I think currently the defense has more question marks.  The offense got an upgrade at the most important position, and reinforcements in the weapons around the QB.  If the Commanders pull off a 16-13 type of win, I will still be happy they won, but I need to see life from this offense.  Some attacking. I want to see them go after it.  Not since Cousins was the QB (and even then, not all the time) have seen anything resembling an attack mode.   I'd take a Wentz INT and lower completion pct in this first game if it meant they were constantly pressing the ball down the field with the speed at the skill positions.  If you have to tighten things up and play more careful in order to seal a win, fine do it, but I don't want another opening game where the offense looks like it is stumbling all over themselves for the first two and a half quarters.

• Like 2