Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Insomniac thread: 2022 - Week 1 - KICKOFF EDITION - Welcomes the restless, die hard drunken fans!!!

zCommander

Man this week has been rough for me and the wrong week to get sick - been sick since Monday night... ugh. But it won't prevent me from some light drinking though....lol

A home game and mother nature says I will be there too to watch Wentz. Really wanted clear skies for Wentz first game. We are the Commanders and even with the name change we can't have nice things. :(

This might turn out to be an ugly game. We really need to win this. I am going to say it - it is now a must win game regardless of the weather condition. Hopefully no injuries. 

I am going to pour me some rum and coke and sip while watching The 100.  :pint:

What is your game plan? 

:cheers:

Funny.  I was thinking about this thread last night.  My favourite thread to post on, considering sleep and I don't get along.  Thanks and props to @zCommander !!

As for the game, the only surety I can think of is that it will not be a Commander blowout or comfortable victory.  Other then that, I will expect the unexpected.

• Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

1 minute ago, sebestian said:

Funny.  I was thinking about this thread last night.  My favourite thread to post on, considering sleep and I don't get along.  Thanks and props to @zCommander !!

Thank you for the kind words! 

I was thinking about it all week. Counting the hours and minutes in between checking my fever temps...lol

I feel a lot better today after getting almost full day of rest. 

But on Thursday I ended up working 7 hours at a bar/restaurant because the owner (been his IT guy for 5+ years now) decided he needs to go to the new POS system after his old POS system failed on Tuesday but was able to get it back up and he wanted that not to happen during Thursday night football. I had access to free drinks...I don't drink while working...but I had to make an exception ...lol 

• Like 1

That's the first and only time I've seen the Redskins pants... ever, with the Commanders branding.

I'm hoping that the org got a lot feedback from how sloppy and generic the entire team looked when wearing burgundy yoga pants from that preseason game.\

there's that hope word again.  ughh.  when will I ever learn with these Synders... ?

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

I miss Taters insomniac thread commentary 🙁 

Yeah, where's he at? He used to talk a load of ****, but it was very entertaining ****. Did he finally get a permaban?

I probably won't be drinking for this game 🤯, but that definitely won't stop me from ****ing, overreacting and also talking **** in the Gameday thread (my favourite thread).

10 hours ago, petey hodge said:

That's the first and only time I've seen the Redskins pants... ever, with the Commanders branding.

I'm hoping that the org got a lot feedback from how sloppy and generic the entire team looked when wearing burgundy yoga pants from that preseason game.\

there's that hope word again.  ughh.  when will I ever learn with these Synders... ?

We have worn the stripe pants a lot during practice, but it didn't carry over into preseason games. You can fan thru this slideshow of the Fed Ex practice for proof

https://www.commanders.com/photos/photos-commanders-practice-under-the-lights-at-fedexfield#8552f765-96f6-429f-997a-a0573145da3f

we also wore them during a lot of padded practice sessions.

Washington Commanders turn up intensity at their first padded practice -  The Washington Post

The rules around pants are a lot looser than the rules around jerseys so if they wanted to switch over to the stripes at any time they can. They just have not done it for games yet for whatever reason.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, 88Comrade2000 said:

What’s to get ready for?

Commanders football will be the same as WFT football and Redskins football.

Mediocre to crap.

There are probably a dozen or so posters on this board who still get up for the games, and want the team to win, and this is a thread for them. Granted, it's a small and dwindling number, but we exist.  

This is entirely up to you, but in my opinion, it would be better for the community and the board if you are going to be negative, keep it out of this thread, and threads like it where people are actually geared up for the games, and want to see the team win.  I think there are 2: the weekly Insomniac thread and the "positive" thread.  Not a very long list.  

There are dozens of other threads where you can go in and post whatever you want, positive, negative, whatever.  

But for the few of us who actually do still get somewhat excited about the games, don't be a wet blanket.  You might prove to be right (though your .00000 batting average this off season would suggest otherwise), you might be wrong, but this just isn't the right place for it. 

Again, I have no authority to do anything other than suggest, for the good of the community, keep negative comments out of threads which are clearly designed to be positive.  

And this suggestion goes to all the other folks who like to come in and piss in everybody's cheerios.  There are plenty of threads for that. Go find one of them and do it there.

It's entirely up to you if you wish to take the suggestion or not.  But I hope you do.  

• Like 3
  • Thanks 4
  • Thumb up 1

This thread is clearly for die-hard fans of the team. If you think the team sucks then start your own thread and let it all out in it.

I might not be high on Wentz at the moment but I still want us to win the SB, every year until it happens. That is why it is call die-hard. I can't be more clear than that. 

Thank you.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1
  • Thumb up 1

6 hours ago, London Kev said:

Yeah, where's he at? He used to talk a load of ****, but it was very entertaining ****. Did he finally get a permaban?

Yeah, I believe his account now sleeps with the fishes.  I don't remember why.  

2 hours ago, FootballZombie said:

We have worn the stripe pants a lot during practice, but it didn't carry over into preseason games. You can fan thru this slideshow of the Fed Ex practice for proof

Yeah, I don't think they are part of the official uniforms, so I don't think we can wear them.  

It's possible they just had them lying around in the facility because they've changed looks 3 times in 4 years, so they have extra of all the old stuff, and instead of ordering new practice pants, they just used the ones they had.  (Which, to be honest, I'm fine with.  It's practice.  Don't buy new pants for practice if you don't have to.)

The other possibility is they like the look, and it's the first step of bringing it back in future yeas.  That's my hope, but I think it's more likely they just had boxes of pants, and practice pants only last so long, so they just wore whatever they still had.  When they are all used, they'll move to the new brand stuff....

1 minute ago, zCommander said:

This thread is clearly for die-hard fans of the team. If you think the team sucks then start your own thread and let it all out in it.

I'd modify this:  There is no reason to start another thread to say the team sucks, there are already 15 threads which basically do that on a daily basis.  Just pick one.  I can't imagine there isn't one already that doesn't fit.  We have a thread per player (At least for every draft pick and I think for most of the big FAs), each side of the ball, for the Owner/Coach/FO, for each coordinator... I guess if you REALLY want to start taking swipes specifically at a position coach, we don't have a thread for each of them. 

But we have plenty of threads out there for just about everything anybody wants to discuss.  

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 1