Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Insomniac thread: 2022 - Week 1 - KICKOFF EDITION - Welcomes the restless, die hard drunken fans!!!

zCommander

Man, my life has been a roller coaster of the last 18 months, I think it's fair to say I've had a pretty **** time of it. Don't want to bore anyone with detail but a lot came to pass over that period. Watching WFT brought me very little joy last season with the way they played, and god knows that there were times that i could have done with a little joy. 

Today marks a new chapter in my life on a personal level, things have finally got to the right spot and can move forward positively. Its a new era for me, and it's also a new era for my football team as the commanders take the field for their first ever regular season game.

It sure would be sweet to cap Today off with a Commanders win, but I'm fairly chill about it today. Whatever happens on the field, today will be a day i will always remember and look back on for other reasons, so it would be nice to add in the mmemory of watching the first ever commanders game as they stomped the jags.

I just want to see us play hard, and I want to see us fighting for every yard on both sides of the ball. I'm excited to see what what the Wentz and Dotson combo adds to this offense, but our Defense scares the piss out of me. The floor for them is subterranean so I hope they can play to at least an acceptable level and give the Offense a shot.

Edited by UKskins
  • Like 1
  • Thumb up 8
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 3

Are you ready for some football. A monday night party.

Siked we have a game. I can't recall if our new field got a proper dousing test during the game but who doesn't love the occasional muddy field game.

Still embarrassed for our new fight song. And uniforms. Ok and name but can over look all that if we make the playoffs. Looks like Lachey and Irvins

239 Muddy American Football Photos and Premium High Res Pictures - Getty  Images

Edited by RandyHolt
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, RandyHolt said:

Are you ready for some football. A monday night party.

Siked we have a game. I can't recall if our new field got a proper dousing test during the game but who doesn't love the occasional muddy field game.

Still embarrassed for our new fight song. And uniforms. Ok and name but can over look all that if we make the playoffs. Looks like Lachey and Irvins

239 Muddy American Football Photos and Premium High Res Pictures - Getty  Images

Those uniforms look so much better than the crap we been wearing this preseason...even covered in mud.

• Thumb up 1

13 minutes ago, skinsmarydu said:

Yeah, my area sup keeps pushing me to go, but they're always on Sundays and he knows better.  :ols:

Restaurant I run is closed on Sundays and we act like the place doesn't even exist. Someone could shoot a customer and we won't acknowledge it until Monday morning.  :ols:

• Haha 3

7 minutes ago, Koolblue13 said:

Restaurant I run is closed on Sundays and we act like the place doesn't even exist. Someone could shoot a customer and we won't acknowledge it until Monday morning.  :ols:

We are too, that's why he does the classes on Sundays.  The first time he approached me about it was the last Cowboys game last year...I asked, "Are you nuts?  We're playing Dallas on Sunday!"

Career certifications < Football 

• Haha 3

I am feeling great today fellas and Marydu. Well, hungover and a little drunk and stuff still, but breakie beer is cracked and I'm on the road to a bed time around sunset, but I feel great about our win today.

I sure hope so, because my mood absolutely depends on it. If we lose, I might fire someone tomorrow to feel better about myself.

• Haha 1

24 minutes ago, CobraCommander said:

Jaguars fans are a myth, like chupacabra, or condoms. 

Agree.  Yet oddly they outdrew us last year as for fan attendance.  Never thought I'd see that day.  Maybe we become the new team that has to play in London almost every year instead of Jax?

Edited by Skinsinparadise

3 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Agree.  Yet oddly they outdrew us last year as for fan attendance.  Never thought I'd see that day.  Maybe we become the new team that has to play in London almost every year instead of Jax?

I legit just saw three jags fans in my neighborhood in hill east by RFK. 1 lady at the liquor store and a couple walking down the street two blocks later. WTF? That’s three time more than commanders jerseys I’ve seen this morning

2 minutes ago, CobraCommander said:

I legit just saw three jags fans in my neighborhood in hill east by RFK. 1 lady at the liquor store and a couple walking down the street two blocks later. WTF? That’s three time more than commanders jerseys I’ve seen this morning

Crazy thing I live in Florida and almost never see Jags fans at least in the context of jerseys-shirts. 

The general pessimism locally and nationally has gotten me to accept that we probably will be bad this year, but I am still interested in seeing how that manifests, since I feel like we're extremely upgraded on offense and fielding more or less the same defense.  I guess I would be surprised if we can't move the ball or it's a mountain of turnovers, so I don't know what it would look like if that's the case.

I guess it is possible last year's unit was a 4 win team who got lucky and won 7, and this year's team could be a 7 win team that gets bad breaks and wins 4, thus being 3 games better in actuality but not in record.  But, tough to make the schedules make sense for that.  We'll see.

Maybe some fears can be alleviated with a good old fashioned ass beating, here's hoping.