Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Game Day Thread: 2022 - {{SUPERBOWL 57}} ~ THE CHIEFS vs. THE EAGLES

zCommander

55 minutes ago, TradeTheBeal! said:

DARNOLD IS THE LAW.

14/24 for 120, 5 yards per attempt, 1 TD, No INTs.

That is a typical TH stat line.  In fact, TH might be SLIGHTLY better.  Maybe the 150 range….

24 minutes ago, skinsmarydu said:

And we'd have to play in Minny?  Thank heavens they have a dome now. 

I worked with some folks back in the 80s who were totally into wrapping up in sleeping bags and such to go to games up there...of course, they told me the stories in Jacksonville, FL after re-locating.   :ols:

The Metrodome opened in 1982.  So if your friends were watching outdoor football in Minny in the 80’s, then they probably should have bought tickets and gone inside…

14 minutes ago, Califan007 The Constipated said:

Purdy's production is "meh" outside of completion %, but still miles better than Lance.

I haven’t been paying any attention, did he play at all this year?  I kindof thought he got hurt right out of the gate..

Just now, Califan007 The Constipated said:

Like a game and a half, I think lol...

Yeah, probably not enough to pass judgement on one way or another.  

i do wonder, however, how long the 49ers can hang in there with him. They’re going to get into Jordan Love situation soon: 1st round QB who’s out of contract but hasn’t played.  

They almost have to play him next year jo matter what, assuming health.  Because they have to decide on his 5th year option after the 2023 season.  

I wonder if at some point they give up and trade him for anything just to recoup some of what they gave up for him.  

2 minutes ago, Ball Security said:

Will Herbert play in playoff game during his rookie contract?

I’m going to say yes, but it’s unclear.  I do wonder if he will Kirk Cousins his way out of LA Chargers if he doesn’t, though.  Refuse a deal, play on a couple tags and hit FA 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Califan007 The Constipated said:

Purdy's production is "meh" outside of completion %, but still miles better than Lance.

Production meh?  You know he threw for 184 in the first half.  Was up 28-0 at the break.  Then 35-0 51 seconds into the third and three the ball 2 times after that. 

Brandon Staley just gave the most Doc Walker cliche riddled non-answer to everything he was just asked.

For whatever reason I always thought he comes off as a dbag kick meat head dummy.  I’m sure he’s not, but that’s what he comes off as to me. 

2 minutes ago, Ball Security said:

Production meh?  You know he threw for 184 in the first half.  Was up 28-0 at the break.  Then 35-0 51 seconds into the third and three the ball 2 times after that. 

I kindof think it’s likely he has a couple good games and then defenses, including ours, will catch on to what he doesn’t do well and he’s going to come back to earth quickly.  

But kudos to him on a good debut.  

10 minutes ago, Ball Security said:

You realize he's played more than 2 quarters of football, right?...My comment was about his play overall, not just his best 2 quarter stretch.

Just now, Voice_of_Reason said:

Do the charger take over the 7 spot in the playoffs with a win?

They’d have the same record as the Jets, same division record but they would be 5-4 in conference vs 5-5 for the Jets.  

I think they’d leap the Jets.

Of course, they can’t let Hill do that….

Yes, they would pass the Jets.  If they lose and the Pats win tomorrow, the pats would take over.  Not sure what happens if both win.

5 minutes ago, Ball Security said:

Yes, they would pass the Jets.  If they lose and the Pats win tomorrow, the pats would take over.  Not sure what happens if both win.

NE based on better conference win percentage at 5-3 vs. 5-4.

Acrually I’m not sure because it’s a 3 way tie and the rules are bizarre and I don’t know those.  

But NE would have a better conference and division winning percentage than either the Chargers or Jets. 

Edited by Voice_of_Reason

20 minutes ago, Califan007 The Constipated said:

You realize he's played more than 2 quarters of football, right?...My comment was about his play overall, not just his best 2 quarter stretch.

No, you’re right.  395 yards in less than 6 quarters with    four TDs and one rushing is pretty pedestrian.