Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Game Day Thread: 2022 - {{SUPERBOWL 57}} ~ THE CHIEFS vs. THE EAGLES

zCommander

55 minutes ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

$36M cap hit next year and $49 of released or traded.  So.  They get to do it all over again.  

Then they could let him walk.  

Though they are going to get hit with a 12.5 cap hit in 2024 regardless.  

I really wish we had found a way to keep Kirk after 2015 for a salary that was reasonable.  Hindsight being 20/20, even paying him the money he got would have been better than the drek we’ve had since but it’s a very, very, very low bar.  

Our current team would be the best equipped to help him succeed. Even better than this years Vikes I think. Would have been interesting for sure. Though I wonder what this off-season would look like with all the money we are going to have to spend on the online, dline and LBs…..

2 minutes ago, Llevron said:

Our current team would be the best equipped to help him succeed. 

That is correct. I remember one year where we won 8 games and at least 5 were lost by our D as they were incapable of stopping the opposing offenses and giving up a TD with less than a min left. Then the following year we had better D play (I think our D that year was like top 10 or something) but then our O sucked. So Kirk when he was here never have had both sides playing at a higher level. 

13 minutes ago, Ball Security said:

Going back to the Vikings game, how do you target Jefferson only 3 times in the second half? Zero times in the fourth.

Don't know but watching Hockenson ball, who was a dude i loved before the draft makes me crave Michael Mayer even more.  IMO he's better than Hockenson and there is a shot he's there at our pick. 

Edited by Skinsinparadise

I really thought I saw someone from the Ravens sidelines come on to try to recover that fumble.  But on replay, it was one of the eleven who went out of bounds and came back in. Haha

1 minute ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Don't know but watching Hockenson ball, who was a dude i loved before the draft makes me crave Michael Mayer even more.  IMO he's better than Hockenson and there is a shot he's there at our pick. 

Yep, Hockenson got a jolt going to MN.  He is a real problem.  Would love to get Mayer, but am willing to be patient.

• Like 1