Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Game Day Thread: 2022 - {{SUPERBOWL 57}} ~ THE CHIEFS vs. THE EAGLES

zCommander

1 minute ago, Simmsy said:

I just don't see it. 90% of Hurts' throws are dump offs or slants, if our D can stop them, I have no doubt a better D, with an offense that can stay on the field, will have no problem.

He hit some big time throws downfield today. He's improved big time as a passer. Philly will be tough to beat if they stay healthy.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Simmsy said:

I just don't see it. 90% of Hurts' throws are dump offs or slants, if our D can stop them, I have no doubt a better D, with an offense that can stay on the field, will have no problem.

If it was that simple...I don't even believe they have maximized what they are capable of.  Their running game is still the best in the NFL, yet they decided to put us away with passing today.

Hurts hit enough downfield throws that just putting 8 in the box and making him beat you like Tampa did in the playoffs I don't believe will work now, he's improved enough to not be elite but not let defenses get away with that.

Eagles defense plus Bills losing to Dolphins who don't have an elite QB either but enough weapons to make folks pay, yea, can definetly see it.

2 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

He hit some big time throws downfield today. He's improved big time as a passer. Philly will be tough to beat if they stay healthy.

Slowly turning into worst case scenario for our division, Hurts is only 24.

The formula for success if you don't have a legit superstar QB is to get a talented one on a rookie contract and gamble on him being good and stacking the team around him. If you get even above average play you're getting it for basically nothing cost wise and can build up a really strong roster around him which is exactly what the Eagles have done.

1 hour ago, Warhead36 said:

The formula for success if you don't have a legit superstar QB is to get a talented one on a rookie contract and gamble on him being good and stacking the team around him. If you get even above average play you're getting it for basically nothing cost wise and can build up a really strong roster around him which is exactly what the Eagles have done.

And they've done it twice in 5 years. This team hasn't done that in 30 years.

This game reminds of when Harbaugh took over a bottem feeding 49ers team and rebuilt them into an unrecognizable physical juggernaut. 

All the sudden their reputation for high scoring offenses were gone and they his beat people up all day.

That team went to a super bowl, scotched earth nearly all their talent, and then somehow rebuilt and got back to the superbowl with a different coach and gm.

This is in, what the last 10 years?  That franchise has had two successful rebuilds in a single decade and we can't even get one right in over 3...😑

• Sad 1
  • Thumb up 1

5 minutes ago, Simmsy said:

Who am I supposed to root for?

I’d say it doesn’t matter, since the cowboys are going to beat us next Sunday anyway…..but if you think there’s no chance of the giants doing anything with a 3-0 record, then maybe root for them? That way the cowboys are 1-2 as well heading into our game 

or root for a 0-0 tie ;) 

Edited by Cooleyfan1993
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

I picked NYG in the pool, but thats business. I guess Dallas winning would be better, if they think they can win with Rush, they'll leave Dak on the sidelines. Although, having Dak play might be at this point, even if his thumb is healed.

1 minute ago, Warhead36 said:

Giants aren't actually good. Worst 2-0 team in recent memory.

...that should be us...

This is weird to watch...I don't feel like Jones has taken a leap despite his passing percentage being over 70% coming into this game.

It's like everything just seems simpler and better catered to what he's good at, his accuracy has improved, but the return of Barkley as a force at RB and in the passing game gives him now a deadly outlet game.

I wouldn't say Giants are a threat to the Eagles, but that coaching staff is doing a really decent early job with they do actually have.

Man...**** the Cowboys, MNF so busy deep throating them have they even mentioned the Gaints HC name yet?