Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

NCAA Football 2023

BRAVEONAWARPATH

Stew Mandel has his Too Early Top 25 for 2025 out and the Mountaineers are on it.  😮

https://theathletic.com/5184339/2024/01/09/college-football-top-25-rankings-predictions-mandel/

25. West Virginia (9-4)
The Mountaineers were one of the season’s most surprising performers and fielded a top-30 offense. Quarterback Garrett Greene, top RBs Jahiem White and CJ Donaldson, TE Kole Taylor and three O-line starters return. The defense must replace six starters, most notably CB Beanie Bishop Jr., but gets back S Anthony Wilson (80 tackles) and LB Trey Lathan (injured). Cornerback Montre Miller, a former Kent State transfer, was granted a seventh year.

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, TheDoyler23 said:

I'll never understand the Nike Jumpman logo on a football uniform. I know it's a "symbol of excellence" and other logo's (like the adidas mountain on a football uni) but it still looks silly to me. 

Hats off to Michigan. They really grinded teams down to dust out there. Crazy that besides Ohio State, their closest game was Maryland! Harbaugh may be some crazy psycho, but he sure is a winner. Won a bunch at Stanford, the NFL and now a national championship at Michigan. 

No "hats off" from me.

I put Michigan in the same boat as the "Spygate Patriots".

But that's just me.

Edited by BRAVEONAWARPATH
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Thumb up 1

17 hours ago, BRAVEONAWARPATH said:

No "hats off" from me.

I put Michigan in the same boat as the "Spygate Patriots".

But that's just me.

They played some of the toughest teams in the country right after the sigh stealing scandal broke out and teams switched up their signals.

I'm not sure why anyone would asterisk this especially when most of the national media changed their tune including Michigan hater "Pete" Finebaum

On 1/8/2024 at 11:56 PM, ixcuincle said:

The NCAA and Big Ten harassed Harbaugh so much and suspended the poor guy for half the season. I've never, ever seen a football team persecuted this badly. It's such a travesty, believe me. He deserves this title, and he deserves to tell the NCAA to **** off. They will try to take this title away. They will try to say it is tainted, or that Michigan cheated. But tell me, how did they cheat? The sign stealing saga is overblown, and the allegations of "Uncle T" and Stallions being paid by boosters are all lies. Nobody at Michigan knew. And I've already gone over the trumped-up recruiting violation bull****.

And this my fellow ESers, is when ix went full Trump.😆  All we need is some connection between Michigan and magnets not working in water.

In all seriousness though, congrats to them.  Not easy as a fan of a rival Big10 school, I went back and forth on who I was rooting for.  On the one hand, I'm not really a fan of seeing one of our rivals succeed, but on the other hand, it makes the conference look better, and for some reason the SEC folks like to take credit when other teams in the conference win and it doesn't bother them.

I wouldn't worry about * or "title stripping" or any of that.  When the Penn State thing happened, I always rolled my eyes at the "vacated wins" punishment as if that would make the victims feel better or anyone would suddenly forget what happened on the field and who won the games.  Michigan won, plain and simple.  They won prior to the sign stealing thing coming out, they won games after it came out and in theory they were being watched much closer.  No words from the NCAA are going to undo that.

Now, having said something borderline nice about Michigan, I need to go shower.  If they could next funnel Blake Corum and Zak Zinter to Washington as mid-late round picks, I'd appreciate it.

• Haha 2
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

All I hear is Harbaugh to DC but I just don't see it. Harris even says "The football ops guy and the coach should be different people", thus counting Harbaugh and Belichick out of the position right off the bat

He's going to the NFL for sure but not Washington

Does anyone else feel like the NCAA actually got the Harbaugh situation more or less right (and nobody got "persecuted")?  

Without a doubt, an employee of the UM football program broke rules that constitute very serious cheating.  How much Michigan benefitted from this is arguable, but it was obviously worth doing since they did it.  Harbaugh, who almost certainly knew what was going on (it is ridiculous that people think he didn't, and even if he didn't it shows a lack of institutional control, also a suspendable offense) got suspended for 3 games, not "half the season."  They won all 3 games and eventually the natty.  

Out of the bajillion minor scandals that the NCAA deals with (and causes) every year, it is bound to get one right every now and again just based on statistical probability despite its choric ineptitude and corruption.  Had a similar situation happened at a school like SMU (i.e., not a marquee (and hugely profitable program like UM)), the NCAA would have vacated its season. 

Edited by PleaseBlitz
  • Thumb up 1

32 minutes ago, PleaseBlitz said:

Does anyone else feel like the NCAA actually got the Harbaugh situation more or less right (and nobody got "persecuted")?  

Without a doubt, an employee of the UM football program broke rules that constitute very serious cheating.  How much Michigan benefitted from this is arguable, but it was obviously worth doing since they did it.  Harbaugh, who almost certainly knew what was going on (it is ridiculous that people think he didn't, and even if he didn't it shows a lack of institutional control, also a suspendable offense) got suspended for 3 games, not "half the season."  They won all 3 games and eventually the natty.  

Out of the bajillion minor scandals that the NCAA deals with (and causes) every year, it is bound to get one right every now and again just based on statistical probability despite its choric ineptitude and corruption.  Had a similar situation happened at a school like SMU (i.e., not a marquee (and hugely profitable program like UM)), the NCAA would have vacated its season. 

The NCAA has never been right in any justice. they shouldn't exist. 

• Haha 1

Paul Finebaum says it’s because college football is broken but he had his trap shut all those years when before a ball was even kicked we knew it was either an SEC team OSU or Clemson winning the natty. That’s when college football was broken.