Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official NCAA Football Thread

BRAVEONAWARPATH

6 hours ago, The Evil Genius said:

Harbaugh running from a deserved level 1 violation and leaving Michigan to clean it up is both hilarious and sad. Nope..just hilarious. 

given Michigan stature and what they did to Kansas I would expect all allegations to be toned down because the NCAA is incompetent. 

This will of course be announced 6 years after. 

The NCAA is awful. 

3 hours ago, ixcuincle said:

given Michigan stature and what they did to Kansas I would expect all allegations to be toned down because the NCAA is incompetent. UM is a valuable revenue generating asset for the NCAA.

Fixed. 

I think I read last week that 15 college football players made more in NILs this year than back to back NFC championship and SB58 going QB Brock Purdy will make in salary.

1) Insane.

2) Modeling college sports after unrestricted NFL free agency is incredibly dumb.

Edited by The Evil Genius

Completely agree that the system is completely broken right now.  Not sure that the solution is a union and CBA for all college football players. The solution is for a letter of intent to change into a multi-year contract where the schools pay the players a salary, not leaving that up to outside "NIL" sources, and for the contracts to allow the players to transfer ONCE (and sit out a year) and otherwise require the players to stay at the school unless one of several specified events occur (e.g., coaching change, grad transfers, etc.). 

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 2

8 minutes ago, The Evil Genius said:

You go to Michigan and don't leave with 200k in student debt is kind of a salary though. But I get it. 

Nobody's ever bought [insert thing that 18 year old males want] with a lack of student debt. 

31 minutes ago, Lombardi's_kid_brother said:

Oh go away, "clever" internet poster from 2011.

I think I like you more when you don't post. 

53 minutes ago, PleaseBlitz said:

Nobody's ever bought [insert thing that 18 year old males want] with a lack of student debt. 

College kids rolling in Bentleys is always a good look for a program. 

As an aside, I wonder if NILs make it easier to give these kids $ under the table? 

Edited by The Evil Genius
  • Haha 2

38 minutes ago, The Evil Genius said:

College kids rolling in Bentleys is always a good look for a program. 

As an aside, I wonder if NILs make it easier to give these kids $ under the table? 

I mean, I think it's a fine look for a program in 2024.  It's not 1990 anymore, times have dramatically changed and I think people accept that these kids are collectively making billions of dollars for others. 

NIL makes it unnecessary to give kids $ under the table.  You can give it to them above the table. You just have to have sufficient boosters. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, The Evil Genius said:

Always be careful what you wish for. Wasn't too long ago people here were all excited for NILs and the transfer portal and now you see what a cluster**** that has become.

Marking you down as “defender of the NCAA.”  😂 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

• 2 weeks later...

Why is it so many teams put out a black uniform when their colors aren't black.  Michigan State did it last year as well, as have many other schools (Ohio State, Florida, Tennessee, Oregon, etc.).  Is it because marketing people think black uniforms are super cool and badass?