Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official NCAA Football Thread

BRAVEONAWARPATH

6 minutes ago, Redskins Diehard said:

That's true. But that money gets sent to the conference and shared with all the teams. And pales in comparison to the TV money anyway.  

Big 10 TV deal is like $80+ million a year. Sposidly a conference gets around that if they send a team to the CFP. Depending on the contracts some of these conferences are getting $10 million just for sending a school to the likes of the pop tarts bowl. Plus the $6 million payout for winning taboot. Not so meaningless imo. 🤷‍♂️

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Captain Wiggles said:

Big 10 TV deal is like $80+ million a year. Sposidly a conference gets around that if they send a team to the CFP. Depending on the contracts some of these conferences are getting $10 million just for sending a school to the likes of the pop tarts bowl. Plus the $6 million payout for winning taboot. Not so meaningless imo. 🤷‍♂️

I just mean meaningless to the players and even the individual team.  All that loot goes to conferences.  It's obvious that many of the players aren't concerned about winning even a prominent bowl. We'll see what the expanded playoffs look like next year

• Thumb up 1

1 hour ago, Dont Taze Me Bro said:

They had 24 players sit out this game, over 50 percent of their offensive production.  It was going to be a blow-out with that many players not playing and a 3rd string QB (true freshman) starting.  At full strength with their 2nd string QB, they would still have lost, but it wouldn't be anything like this.  

I agree with that. I just wish they had gone for it and tried to prove the committee wrong and stake their claim, instead of just noping out 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

The challenge is Texas beat Bama. Granted it was early.  But I’d have a really difficult time keeping Texas when they won head to head against Bama. That sets a terrible precedent.  

And you can’t keep Bama out because they beat Georgia and won the SEC. 

You can’t keep Washington or Michigan out because they’re undefeated.  

There were 5 legitimate teams who could have made it + FSU.  The committee did the right thing by keeping FSU out because they lost their QB.  

At the end of the day, I’m fine with Georgia not in because they had the chance to beat Bama and get in.  They didn’t.  Too bad, so sad.  

But I think they’re clearly one of the best 4 in the country.  

the only precedent that has ever been set for the playoffs is that the committee chooses the teams at the end of the year they think are the best, viewing the season overall. With that in mind, I’m fine leaving Texas out. They lost to like the worst Oklahoma team in 2 decades and beating Bama is their biggest win since 2005 USC. if Bama is a lock as a 1 Loss sec champion then I think evaluating Texas vs GA, I don’t think there is any scenario this season  where I’d believe Texas is a better team or more deserving. As a SEC hater, it kills me to say it but that’s what I think. 

Texas will have their chance next year to show they belong playing their SEC schedule. I’d have left them out this year 

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

the only precedent that has ever been set for the playoffs is that the committee chooses the teams at the end of the year they think are the best, viewing the season overall. With that in mind, I’m fine leaving Texas out. They lost to like the worst Oklahoma team in 2 decades and beating Bama is their biggest win since 2005 USC. if Bama is a lock as a 1 Loss sec champion then I think evaluating Texas vs GA, I don’t think there is any scenario this season  where I’d believe Texas is a better team or more deserving. As a SEC hater, it kills me to say it but that’s what I think. 

Texas will have their chance next year to show they belong playing their SEC schedule. I’d have left them out this year 

You really think that is the case? Like TCU was legit "one of the best" and not just a "resume" last year? Or Cincinnati has ever been one of the 4 best teams in the country? 

Why do people talk about school legacy so much? Who cares what a particular team did or didn't do in previous years?  

7 minutes ago, TradeTheBeal! said:

Icy January winds blowing through Lynchburg…

What did folks expect?

I'm sure Liberty AD still happy from thr coin of going and exposure to those who maybe don't know who Liberty is.

#8 vs #23 doesn't sound like it was designed to be competitive...

Edited by Renegade7

2 hours ago, Renegade7 said:

Am I alone in wanting Michigan to kick Alabama's teeth in today?

I'm torn.  On the one hand, I'm tired of the SEC.  On the other hand, I really don't like rooting for Michigan (or Ohio State.)

Regardless of how it goes, I'm rooting for the Texas - Washington winner in the championship.

• Thumb up 2