Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official NCAA Football Thread

BRAVEONAWARPATH

I don't like how announcers come into games with a narrative they are pushing. Alamo Bowl... 

I've been following U of A this year and ESPN acted like the Oklahoma young QB, making his first start was on par with Lafita. Lafita was a stud this year and they should not have treated then as on par coming in. 

It was a tale of momentum as the young Oklahomam QB dug a hole with 2 int's and they went down 13-0, only to go up 24-13.  On the verge of 27-13 or better, Arizona gets a defensive TD, plus a 2 point conversion followed by an interception shortly into the next possession to tie it. 

Good adjustments by both teams, but Arizona stepped up the execution... and then they poured on another 2 TDs.  

Sadly, the announcers still focussed on the Oklahoma QB. 

Lafita is a stud... and has at least backup QB potential in the NFL.

• Thumb up 1

1 hour ago, Captain Wiggles said:

How did I know Rocco Becht is Anthony Bechts kid? With a name like Rocco how could he not be. 🤣

Should have never escaped WVUs reach. His Dad was at WVU when I was. So was Marc Bulger and Jerry Porter. 

Holy **** I'm old. 

Edited by The Evil Genius
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, Captain Wiggles said:

Watched a lot of bad football this year but the first half of the Cotton Bowl is in contention for the worst.

This is what the portal has wrought.  Big name players aren’t playing in bowl games, so this is what we get.

• Thumb up 1

Just now, Captain Wiggles said:

When was the last good ACC championship game? 2014? 🤔

All I know is that FSU/Louisville game was the worst game I've ever watched them play.   But I still stand by them, they got snubbed.  They are going to get curb stomped against GA now, everyone entered the portal or declaired early for the draft.  

• Thumb up 1

OSU fans are delightfully beside themselves. 

https://www.landgrantholyland.com/2023/12/30/24019546/ohio-state-cotton-bowl-embarrassing-ryan-day-major-changes-hot-seat-transfer-portal-play-calling

Day might not be in danger of losing his job in the coming days or weeks, but his seat should be approaching Dante-levels of heat in 2024, and he needs to approach every decision as if it could be the one to make or break his job, or whoever replaces Smith behind the AD’s desk is going to be dialing up Mike Vrable, Lance Leipold, Kalen DeBoer, and many other potential replacements in 12 months’ time.

Edited by PleaseBlitz
  • Haha 2

This may be a rough one.  Best player LT (Fashanu) as well as best DE (Chop Robinson) and top 2 CB all opt out.  Three potential 1st round picks sitting for the game.  Plus Manny Diaz is gone.

I'm not aware of any Ole Miss players sitting out.  My expectations are low.