Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official NCAA Football Thread

BRAVEONAWARPATH

9 minutes ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

I have nothing against FSU but I’m tired of hearing how they got screwed (they didn’t) so I hope GA wins this by 75 points. 

If anybody got screwed it was Georgia.  1 loss in three years by 3 points to Alabama.  

Im rooting for Georgia to route them so the conversation about FSU being screwed stops.

Also, I still have residual FSU hatred from the 90s.  God I hated them so much.  

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 2

I thought Johnny Tran killed Jesse in The Fast and the Furious. Turns out he just left the life of crime to be the GA QB

2 hours ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

I have nothing against FSU but I’m tired of hearing how they got screwed (they didn’t) so I hope GA wins this by 75 points. 

y’all I didn’t think they were really going to do it 

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, NickyJ said:

Florida State doesn't have any reason to bother with this game. What's the NCAA going to do to punish them? Hold them out of the playoffs even if they get a perfect record?

If they felt they had an argument they should have played and showed the country you can scheme around your star QB being out. They all bailed. 🤷🏻‍♂️

But we know the starters minus QB aren’t making up 60 points. They are getting stomped either way. We saw the ACC champ game and that offense was ugly. 

• Thumb up 1

13 minutes ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

If they felt they had an argument they should have played and showed the country you can scheme around your star QB being out. They all bailed. 🤷🏻‍♂️

But we know the starters minus QB aren’t making up 60 points. They are getting stomped either way. We saw the ACC champ game and that offense was ugly. 

What argument is there to make? The NCAA already ruled them out. Now everyone that isn't involved in the playoffs are playing their preseason games while money-making players seek transfers or preserving their health for the NFL.

1 hour ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

Texas. GA should have got in over Texas. If you’re comparing one loss teams, Bama and GA would be in over Texas for me 

The challenge is Texas beat Bama. Granted it was early.  But I’d have a really difficult time keeping Texas when they won head to head against Bama. That sets a terrible precedent.  

And you can’t keep Bama out because they beat Georgia and won the SEC. 

You can’t keep Washington or Michigan out because they’re undefeated.  

There were 5 legitimate teams who could have made it + FSU.  The committee did the right thing by keeping FSU out because they lost their QB.  

At the end of the day, I’m fine with Georgia not in because they had the chance to beat Bama and get in.  They didn’t.  Too bad, so sad.  

But I think they’re clearly one of the best 4 in the country.  

• Thumb up 1

1 hour ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

They had 24 players sit out this game, over 50 percent of their offensive production.  It was going to be a blow-out with that many players not playing and a 3rd string QB (true freshman) starting.  At full strength with their 2nd string QB, they would still have lost, but it wouldn't be anything like this.  

Edited by Dont Taze Me Bro
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, Captain Wiggles said:

Check the payouts for some of these "meaningless trophies". 🤑

image.thumb.png.2aba37af2d0eaebbac99919b11e7861d.png

That's true. But that money gets sent to the conference and shared with all the teams. And pales in comparison to the TV money anyway.  

Bowls have turned in to a contest of which team has more of their 2 deep chart playing. 

Can you imagine an October match up between Ohio St and Missouri where Ohio St was getting 11 and the game total was 17? Who wouldn't load up on that?

• Thumb up 1