Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

NY Post: Yumi Nu (Plus-Sized Model) On the Cover of 2022 SI Swimsuit Issue

2 minutes ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

when you know absolutely nothing about her biometrics

Um. We know she’s under 6 foot tall and over 240lbs

which is super obese. 

According to NIH that puts her at 33 BMI and 30+ is obese so, I guess not “super obese”. But definitely obese 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, d0ublestr0ker0ll said:

Wtf?  Forget the club.  I could go to the gas station right now and most likely see a chick hotter than that.

1 hour ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

exactly, my Shell station down the street has hotter women than SI cover models daily. Why we talking about this 

1 hour ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

Where’s this Shell station and do you wanna tailgate 

Pfft… you guys need to spend some time at Bucky’s. It makes Wegmans look like a Stop & Go. We take pride in our gas stations down here in TX.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, tshile said:

Um. We know she’s under 6 foot tall and over 240lbs

which is super obese. 

I was not aware 'super obese' was a clinical category of obesity, good to know.  Well, I guess case closed - there's no possible way she's healthy and has good blood pressure, cholesterol, blood sugar, etc.

1 minute ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

I was not aware 'super obese' was a clinical category of obesity, good to know.  Well, I guess case closed - there's no possible way she's healthy and has good blood pressure, cholesterol, blood sugar, etc.

Well I corrected it after looking on NIH. 

but good job dodging the claim we know nothing about her biometrics even though it’s in the first post 😂 

58 minutes ago, TradeTheBeal! said:

I have been very open about my appreciation for the male form, and on many occasions.

I ran to my computer when I heard that Seth Rollins’s (WWE wrestler) ex-girlfriend posted nude pictures of him online. Not gay. I just appreciate how the gentleman takes excellent care of himself is all.

Edited by Sacks 'n' Stuff
  • Haha 2

7 minutes ago, tshile said:

Well I corrected it after looking on NIH. 

but good job dodging the claim we know nothing about her biometrics even though it’s in the first post 😂 

You know her height and weight, which you guys conveniently keep referring to a 5’11 woman as “less than six feet tall” because it sounds better for the purpose of your argument.  🤣

So pardon me, you know a mere fraction about her biometrics and overall health, not absolutely nothing.

9 minutes ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

Sorry, I just mean that I think the words you chose are pretty typical these days and part of a larger societal problem. I don't mean to point the finger at you because we all do it. The more "chubby" people show up on TV or magazine covers or in movies, the more normal that body type becomes and easier it is to ignore that it's actually "overweight" or "obese" and unhealthy. 

I was watching A Time to Kill a couple nights ago with my wife...it came out in the mid-1990s. Oliver Platt played the "fat guy" in it and there was even a comment in the movie. Of course, next to the other actors, he was heavier but it dawned on me how in 2022 he would be considered rather svelte or typical. Anyway, the point is that these things become normalized rather than true difficult discussions or courses of actions being taken. 

5 minutes ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

You know her height and weight, which you guys conveniently keep referring to a 5’11 woman as “less than six feet tall” because it sounds better for the purpose of your argument.  🤣

So pardon me, you know a mere fraction about her biometrics and overall health, not absolutely nothing.

It's pretty clear that if she happens to be good health, she's the exception to the rule. At 5'11" the top end of the "normal" weight range is just under 180 pounds. So she's 60ish pounds over that. That's a lot. Most people who emulate her body type won't be as lucky as she is (again, in the rare case that she's actually healthy). 

1 hour ago, philibusters said:

That said given that the magazine in general and the swimsuit issue in particular is aimed at men and men probably prefer slimmer women, it doesn't seem like a smart decision, but there will be a novelty factor, so maybe it will work.   

I doubt that's true anymore. 

Who knows how magazines make $$$ these days but generating this kind of social buzz for online advertising/clicks has got to be waaay more profitable then selling physical copies to men. 

More likely SI is loving this as everyone talking about this on social media is just making them more $$$.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

I don’t really think I need to make the argument sound better, honestly. It’s not hard to tell by looking at her she’s obese.  I didn’t take the time to scroll back to get her exact metric. 

However, I did know the metric was there. Cause I read the posts…

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, tshile said:

I don’t really think I need to make the argument sound better, honestly. It’s not hard to tell by looking at her she’s obese.  I didn’t take the time to scroll back to get her exact metric. 

However, I did know the metric was there. Cause I read the posts…

No, according to you previously....she's "super obese".

I've already apologized for saying you know 'nothing' about her biometrics and corrected it to, you know a mere fraction of her biometrics and overall health.  Anyways, I'm done arguing.  Carry on Obese Police.

Edited by BatteredFanSyndrome
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Mooka said:

I doubt that's true anymore. 

Who knows how magazines make $$$ these days but generating this kind of social buzz for online advertising/clicks has got to be waaay more profitable then selling physical copies to men. 

More likely SI is loving this as everyone talking about this on social media is just making them more $$$.

This is an interesting point and one I don't understand.  I can't imagine that the physical copies are flying off the market.  I didn't click on it because I'm not interested.  But how can SI generate any revenue by people simply just squawking about it on Twitter?

2 minutes ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

No, according to you previously....she's "super obese".

I've already apologized for saying you know 'nothing' about her biometrics and corrected it to, you know a mere fraction of her biometrics and overall health.  Anyways, I'm done arguing.  Carry on Obese Police.

You've talked at length about biometrics.

Can you find a woman with healthy biometrics that's 60-ish pounds overweight?  I'm not trying to be a jerk here, I'm genuinely curious.  If going by what @tshilesaid is accurate, 5'11 and anything over 180 is considered overweight for a woman by the NIH, she is, to not move goalposts here, 60 pounds overweight.

Is it possible to have what's considered "good biometrics" and be 60 pounds overweight for a woman?  

Just want to point out that obesity is tied to a host of diseases beyond heart disease that aren't necessarily tied to BP and your metabolic profile.  

This includes things like cancer, infertility, and developmental issues of offspring.

Just like people that aren't obese can be unhealthy (e.g. have HBP and high cholesterol), people that are obese but have other things that might make them appear "healthy" (low blood pressure and a normal metabolic profile) that doesn't mean they are actually healthy.  You can be obese have a good BP and a good metabolic profile not really at greater risks for things heart disease and diabetes and still be at greater risks for other things.

Obesity is often a sign that other things that we can detect are off.  But obesity itself is also alone a risk factor for many health issues.

Edited by PeterMP
  • Thanks 1

The funny thing about people like Jordan Peterson, is that their comments just prove how dumb they are. 

they jump straight on the woke society bandwagon when in reality non-super-model women have surely had multiple moments in life where they try things on that look great and realize it doesn’t look good on them because they don’t have that body 

and surely it drives away customers because if you run into that issue with the same brand enough times, you’re not going to pay attention to that brand anymore.

putting more normal women in their catalogues helps fight against that. It could even draw back lost customers. 

from a marketing standpoint I’m not entirely sure what % of the female market is driven to products because super modes are advertised with them. I bet it’s not a huge %…. And I’d be willing to bet that it goes down drastically as you climb the age demo’s 

11 minutes ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

But how can SI generate any revenue by people simply just squawking about it on Twitter?

By reminding a large portion of society they exist and their swimsuit edition no one cares about anymore is out ?

14 minutes ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

Can you find a woman with healthy biometrics that's 60-ish pounds overweight?  I'm not trying to be a jerk here, I'm genuinely curious.  If going by what @tshilesaid is accurate, 5'11 and anything over 180 is considered overweight for a woman by the NIH, she is, to not move goalposts here, 60 pounds overweight.

Is it possible to have what's considered "good biometrics" and be 60 pounds overweight for a woman?  

At length? 

That's about as much of a stretch as some of the folks making this lady out to be a cow.

I honestly have no idea, not a doctor.  I just think it's odd that this chick is being used as an example of glorifying obesity when there are so many other examples out there that fit that profile much better.  She looks pretty proportionate to me, but I have about as much understanding of her overall health profile as anyone else here.

14 minutes ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

No, he can't. Which is why he's nitpicking and then backing out of the discussion. It's a ridiculous argument to make...I'm sure on the planet someone might exist who is in perfect health despite being obese. But it is very, very unlikely to the point that it's not worth entertaining. In this case, our eyes are not deceiving us. Somebody carrying around that much extra weight has organs working far harder than they need to be working, etc. and is at much higher risk for many other issues much sooner than someone within the "normal" range. 

8 minutes ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

This is an interesting point and one I don't understand.  I can't imagine that the physical copies are flying off the market.  I didn't click on it because I'm not interested.  But how can SI generate any revenue by people simply just squawking about it on Twitter?

Not an expert so I don't know really what kind of relationship is between Sports Illustrated ---> Twitter --> People who advertise on twitter. 

However, if Sports Illustrated is selling **** online; pushing subscriptions or I don't know selling swimsuits, then advertising those products on a platform with millions/billions of users has to be on a different scale then something buying a physical magazine and looking at a printed advertisement. You're selling Sports Illustrated stuff to people clicking on Sports Illustrated stuff. 

And as T-Shile is saying, obvious brand recognition on platforms with billions of users vs a person seeing a physical magazine on a rack. 

Just now, TD_washingtonredskins said:

No, he can't. Which is why he's nitpicking and then backing out of the discussion. It's a ridiculous argument to make...I'm sure on the planet someone might exist who is in perfect health despite being obese. But it is very, very unlikely to the point that it's not worth entertaining. In this case, our eyes are not deceiving us. Somebody carrying around that much extra weight has organs working far harder than they need to be working, etc. and is at much higher risk for many other issues much sooner than someone within the "normal" range. 

Thanks, Dr. TD_Washingtonredskins.  Now I can truly grasp those sacrifices you've made to pay for your student loans.

I never said this lady was in perfect health.  I simply said we have absolutely no idea what her overall health profile looks like.  But feel free to keep projecting and judging per usual.

1 minute ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

At length? 

That's about as much of a stretch as some of the folks making this lady out to be a cow.

I honestly have no idea, not a doctor.  I just think it's odd that this chick is being used as an example of glorifying obesity when there are so many other examples out there that fit that profile much better.  She looks pretty proportionate to me, but I have about as much understanding of her overall health profile as anyone else here.

Oh FFS.  You've mentioned biometrics like three separate times.  Stop hopping around.

And now you have no idea if someone 60 pounds overweight can have good biometrics or not.  

It's fine, some people may consider her obese, others may not.  And yes, there are other examples out there where a woman might have more weight, that's an obvious statement.  But I believe SI's whole point is that they'd never have considered a model like this 20 years ago and by comparing her to models they've previously worked with, she is, at the very least, overweight.  

7 minutes ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

Thanks, Dr. TD_Washingtonredskins.  Now I can truly grasp those sacrifices you've made to pay for your student loans.

I never said this lady was in perfect health.  I simply said we have absolutely no idea what her overall health profile looks like.  But feel free to keep projecting and judging per usual.

What student loans? Weird. 

My whole point with your exhausting method of posting here is that you're acting like this is a court of law. It's not. We don't need to be doctors. She's fat. Very fat. We don't need a ****ing CBC and conference call with her primary care physician to know that her overall health profile isn't fantastic. And, if by some stroke of ridiculous luck it is, that's isolated to just her and not her body type. The larger issue (which is what I was posting about originally) is that by normalizing this body type over the past couple decades, we are gradually just becoming an obese and unhealthy country. We won't all be as lucky as Yumi to be healthy at 60+ pounds overweight. 

Edited by TD_washingtonredskins

6 minutes ago, Mooka said:

Not an expert so I don't know really what kind of relationship is between Sports Illustrated ---> Twitter --> People who advertise on twitter. 

However, if Sports Illustrated is selling **** online; pushing subscriptions or I don't know selling swimsuits, then advertising those products on a platform with millions/billions of users has to be on a different scale then something buying a physical magazine and looking at a printed advertisement. You're selling Sports Illustrated stuff to people clicking on Sports Illustrated stuff. 

And as T-Shile is saying, obvious brand recognition on platforms with billions of users vs a person seeing a physical magazine on a rack. 

Yeah, I suppose so.  I know clicks pay, obviously but I'm wondering how much is generated by people simply tweeting back and forth but not clicking on anything SI related.  Or purchasing any related swimsuits, etc.  

Like I saw this tweetstorm about this issue the past couple of days but never clicked on anything to take me to an SI website.  I don't think I generated them any revenue, right?  Brand recognition matters for sure but...again, only to a certain point where people are either clicking on the site or purchasing the hardcopy magazine, or, as you said, buying affiliated products.

Hypothetical:  Say The Junkies are talking about this on the morning drive, they dedicate a whole segment to it.  Take a few calls, talk **** back and forth, whatever.  But they don't buy the magazine.  And (stay with me, it's a hypothetical) no one listening buys the magazine or clicks on the SI Swimsuit site....does the "free advertising" and the "brand recognition" matter?

Dunno.  I wish I understood more about how this stuff works.  But all I know is that SI wouldn't be doing it if it didn't generate them money so I suppose it's working well for them.

Just now, Spaceman Spiff said:

Oh FFS.  You've mentioned biometrics like three separate times.  Stop hopping around.

And now you have no idea if someone 60 pounds overweight can have good biometrics or not.  

It's fine, some people may consider her obese, others may not.  And yes, there are other examples out there where a woman might have more weight, that's an obvious statement.  But I believe SI's whole point is that they'd never have considered a model like this 20 years ago and by comparing her to models they've previously worked with, she is, at the very least, overweight.  

I'm sure she is considered 'obese' my medical standards, but so are a ton of people who most would look at and not truly think of them as obese.  In fact, I'd bet there are quite a few posters here who don't consider themselves obese that technically are.

This lady simply doesn't fit the profile for what I think of when I think obese, where her organs are working overtime and she's staring down the barrel of death.  Nor is she what I think of when I think 'glorifying obesity'.

I'm not buying most men are attracted to skinny women, seen it here again, not calling anyone out.

Mom used to be in modeling industry in the 80s, and was convinced of at least two things before she left:

1. Designers were actively trying to steer women towards this idea of being skinny to help save money on production costs of their clothes, limiting variations of sizes and need for plus size, for their already expensive clothes

2. Designers also wanted models skinny to help keep from being too distracting while being on the runway while wearing/exhibiting their clothing lines

#2 sounds like an opinion admission to men NOT preferring skinny women, quite the opposite of this claim I keep seeing thrown around.

On top of that, I'm also convinced a lot of men are more comfortable talking about their attraction to slimmer women then their other preferemces because of societal factors and it frankly seeming like an easy thing to say. 

"Spinners are awesome"😒🧐

Catch these same men in a more private conversation and find a lot of them are also more open about their true range of preferences because of not knowing where to start with thicker women or women of color.

A lot of statistics support the idea that what men openly say they want doesn't exactly matchup with what they say they actually want.

Ebony porn as of last year is a top 10 category on Porn Hub despite Blacks making up only 13% of US population and Black men being half that, why is that?

https://www.pornhub.com/insights/yir-2021

Promise you it's nothing new, though, jus look at how many slave owners were banging their slaves and ramifications that had on our race as additional evidence to how common that was despite claims of the slave owners race being superior to their slaves.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

I'm sure she is considered 'obese' my medical standards, but so are a ton of people who most would look at and not truly think of them as obese.  In fact, I'd bet there are quite a few posters here who don't consider themselves obese that technically are.

This lady simply doesn't fit the profile for what I think of when I think obese, where her organs are working overtime and she's staring down the barrel of death.  Nor is she what I think of when I think 'glorifying obesity'.

Fine, fair enough.  

And now I'm just curious.  What's an example of what you'd consider "glorifying obesity?"