Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2023 Comprehensive Draft Thread

zCommander

I've been trying to catch up on this thread but in the end I just don't have time. But I do want to post a few thoughts before the draft starts.

At OL

- I am in the going commando camp about Dawand..... The more I watch she is just so massive and strong and he delivers. I honestly would really like to have him. I think the concerns about his personality are overrated. I think he's La'el Collins, not Isaiah Wilson. At least that's what I would hope if I drafted him!

- I'm going to go against the grain here and say I don't get what you all see in Stromberg. He seems to lose his balance often in the games I saw. I just don't see much of an athlete. I like JMS way better

- not much talk about O'Cyrus here lately unless I missed it. I think he is still very high on Rivera's radar. I could totally see pic 16 being him and lots of people here being pissed off

LB

-I'm also going to go against the grain and say that I like Drew Sanders way better than Jack Campbell or any of the other linebackers. I think his instincts are actually really good and is speed and flexibility is top-notch for his size. I see Campbell as good but not as fast and aggressive.

RB

-Deuce Vaughn is a heck of a college player but I just don't see it in the NFL working the same way for him

QB

I like Levis in every facet except that I don't think he feels the rush particularly well. But if he or Stroud fall to 16 I hope the commanders avoid the temptation. I'd hope they would look for trades down in that scenario

If we could do a little trade down and come out of this draft with Dawand, JMS, and Sanders, I'd do backflips.

• Like 2
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

2 minutes ago, Daniel.redskins said:

Can't wait for the first round to be over to put this QB talk to rest.  I'm see reports now about us liking Richardson.  I'm sure we like him, but that doesn't mean he's the pick. 

If we pick Richardson I will be pissed.....so will the new owner.

• Like 2

Just now, Rolo Tomasie said:

The more I watch she is just so massive and strong

😍

Just now, Rolo Tomasie said:

If we could do a little trade down and come out of this draft with Dawand, JMS, and Sanders, I'd do backflips.

This wouldn't be bad at all as long as Dawands issues have been investigated. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, DWinzit said:

So on ESPN Louis Riddick is pushing an Ohio State QB.....

Where have I heard that before

Ohio State QBs in the NFL  

YEAR NAME ROUND RECORD CAREER STATISTICS
1982 Art Schlichter 1 0-6 1,006 yards, 3 TDs, 11 INTs
1985 Mike Tomczak* FA 42-31 16,079 yards, 88 TDs, 106 INTs
1988 Tom Tupa 3 4-9 3,430 yards, 12 TDs, 25 INTs
1992 Kent Graham 8 17-21 7,801 yards, 39 TDs, 33 INTs
1996 Bobby Hoying 3 3-9-1 2,544 yards, 11 TDs, 15 INTs
1999 Joe Germaine 4 0-0 136 yards, 1 TD, 2 INTs
2004 Craig Krenzel 5 3-2 718 yards, 3 TDs, 6 INTs
2007 Troy Smith 5 4-4 1,734 yards, 8 TDs, 5 INTs
2011 Terrelle Pryor** 3 3-7 1,994 yards, 9 TDs, 12 INTs
2016 Cardale Jones 4 0-0 96 yards, 0 TDs, 1 INT
2019 Dwayne Haskins 1 3-10 2,804 yards, 12 TDs, 14 INTs
  • Haha 3
  • Thumb up 1

Just now, Skinsinparadise said:

So no Dan weighing in this time.  

as Jay said they’d spend a ton of time studying the draft and Dan would come off his Yacht and override them to make his pick 

If Dan did make the pick wonder who? Thompson-Robinson?

Probably a punter....its the only position that we don't need anyone

Just helped my son cram for the first round of this draft. Took some time. 

Quickly watched Forbes, Banks, D. Wright, Van Ness, Myles Murphy, Banks, Kincaid, Branch.

It reinforced to me all would be fun.  But rewatching Kincaid and Branch in particular got me especially jazzed.   

I am a freak with TEs, I can't help watching them. :ols:  And I've been rewatching a bunch of late.  Kincaid would be a blast.  He IMO is half a peg better than Laporta.  And a peg and half better than Musgrave.

Branch is can't miss IMO. 

2 minutes ago, Jumbo said:

imma poll both threads: should we close the comprehensive thread and just have the draft party thread open?

like this post if you're a yes

All the same to me.  I think its whatever is less confusing.   Right now I am posting what I think of players here and not on the other thread.

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Like 2

• Jumbo locked this topic