Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Welcome to the Washington Commanders Cole Turner TE Nevada

PCS

I find it odd that some don’t see his value / role or diminish it. He’s going to be playing as a receiver mostly. A big, mountain of a man at receiver who uses his body well and has excellent hands. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumb up 1

4 minutes ago, Fresh8686 said:

Does anyone else feel like his play speed appears better than his 40 time? Seems faster than a 4.76 guy, but I could be wrong. 

Agreed. I think Cole is gonna contribute in a big way year 1. Immediately in the red zone with potential to be a more complete player as he develops.

He's a poor mans Marques Colston/Jimmy Graham hybrid and he was our backup plan to Drake London I think.

Ive said before I think we carry 4 tight ends because Turner is basically a WR. I'm starting to really buy into the emphasis we've put on position flex. Gives us so many options as far as roster construction.

A red zone package of Turner and Sims split out wide with Bates inline and B-Rob at RB is exciting.

We got our big slot WR in the 5th round folks. And people questioned why I said it was so imperative to trade back in this draft class!

• Like 2
  • Thumb up 2

2 hours ago, KDawg said:

I find it odd that some don’t see his value / role or diminish it. He’s going to be playing as a receiver mostly. A big, mountain of a man at receiver who uses his body well and has excellent hands. 

This is one of my favorite picks, he made the short list of "my guys" before the draft -- I don't think he can eclipse that honor as for the rest of his career 😀  but besides that I think he's going to be a good F TE, worst case a solid F TE.    Great catch radius, great hands, watching him run seam routes, etc and being a serious threat at the 2nd level -- to me he screamed Carson Wentz will love throwing to that guy.

As a blocker, he's at least a willing blocker, I think he can develop on that front, IMO he needs to add some upper body strength.  But as a move TE it might not matter that much.

2 hours ago, Fresh8686 said:

Does anyone else feel like his play speed appears better than his 40 time? Seems faster than a 4.76 guy, but I could be wrong. 

Yep.  His RAS 7.44, so he's an above average athlete.  His 10 time was elite for the position, ditto his broad jump.  His cone time was good too, just a tad higher than Jelani Woods who is considered the more freakish athlete in the mix.  So he can move. Nothing killer on that front but he has enough speed IMO to play the spot well.   He should probably bulk up his upper body some to help with his blocking but otherwise IMO he's a good athlete albeit not a great one for the position. 

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumb up 1

7 hours ago, Forever A Redskin said:

Agreed. I think Cole is gonna contribute in a big way year 1. Immediately in the red zone with potential to be a more complete player as he develops.

He's a poor mans Marques Colston/Jimmy Graham hybrid and he was our backup plan to Drake London I think.

Ive said before I think we carry 4 tight ends because Turner is basically a WR. I'm starting to really buy into the emphasis we've put on position flex. Gives us so many options as far as roster construction.

A red zone package of Turner and Sims split out wide with Bates inline and B-Rob at RB is exciting.

We got our big slot WR in the 5th round folks. And people questioned why I said it was so imperative to trade back in this draft class!

Does Turner make Simms expendable?

15 minutes ago, shemp nixon said:

Does Turner make Simms expendable?

There's always room for Phil Simms. Or Chris Simms even.

As for Cam Sims, they play different positions, so I doubt it matters. Cam's here for special teams, not really red zone plays