Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2022 Commanders Schedule Info, Leaks, Mocks

kleese

4 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

I hate that same opponent twice in three week crap. Spread it around man.

Wait I don't think the Giants are playing in London are they? Those games were already announced. Plus wouldn't they get a bye after?

Yep they’re the packers opponent. It was announced last Wednesday morning on GMFB. 

8 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

I hate that same opponent twice in three week crap. Spread it around man.

Wait I don't think the Giants are playing in London are they? Those games were already announced. Plus wouldn't they get a bye after?

Yeah they are playing in London.  that was a Giants reporter who put that out, versus same random leaker, so good chance that schedule for the Giants is true

1 hour ago, Koolblue13 said:

They are very under rated. That defense can get nasty. I was hoping for Chi or Det or a total fluffer, but I guess they wantd something they could hype a bit.

Side note... Wentz getting a lot of the blame for last season finale against the Jags with the Colts. Maybe a little added motivation? At the very least he has seen them recently.

2 hours ago, Warhead36 said:

NoCal road trip for Christmas!

They tend to try to give the Cowboys an easier Thanksgiving game if possible.

Our last three season finales were 2019 at Dallas, 2020 at Philly, 2021 at NYG, so we're due to get one at home probably against Dallas.

It’s not so much about “ease” as it is a concerted effort to not burn a marquee game on a day when eyeballs are guaranteed regardless. Doesn’t matter who Dallas plays on Turkey Day, all eyes on that game with high ratings. They consider it a “waste” to drop the Eagles or Bucs or whoever there. They also seem to generally avoid a total dog opponent like say, the Jags. Instead they usually land on a middling opponent either in terms of how good they are and/or the overall appeal. 

3 hours ago, fearlessNelms said:

Jaguars is an interesting opener. They sealed Wentz's fate in Indy when they dominated the Colts in the season finale last year to keep them out of the playoffs. The last time we played their new HC, Doug Petersen, he laid down for us in the 2020 season finale win against the Eagles to clinch the division for us. And our best o-lineman over the past 7 years, Scherff, is now a Jaguar. 

This matchup is about as far from a rivalry as you could get, but it almost has a feel of a one with the side stuff. Jacksonville will be much better with Urban Meyer gone and this game isn't going to be a pushover game for us like a lot of people might think. 

Yup, Stacy Dales was just doing a little piece on NFLN about the Colts and Jags.  Colts were 0-7 against them and they haven't won their division in a while so think that Jags curse is more related to Colts then Wentz.  LOL

Agree, it'll be a tough opener, not a push over team.

• Thumb up 1

OK, with the latest posts from SIP, I'll update:

Week 1:  Jax

Week 3:  Phi 

Week 6:  @ Chi (TNF)

Week 10:  @ Phi

Week 13:  @ NYG

Week 15:  NYG

Week 16:  @ SF (Christmas Eve)

Week 18:  Dal (unsure if home or away)

That means Week 2 is assuredly a road game.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, HigSkin said:

Yup, Stacy Dales was just doing a little piece on NFLN about the Colts and Jags.  Colts were 0-7 against them and they haven't won their division in a while so think that Jags curse is more related to Colts then Wentz.  LOL

Agree, it'll be a tough opener, not a push over team.

It's a game we should win not easy but a must win we need 10 wins this year to be successful.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, TradeTheBeal! said:

Shaking with fear at the prospect of getting our asses kicked week 1 by the Jags.

On top of all the relationship drama, the importance to the season and more, its the first game under the new brand.

Good-Googgly-Moogley do we need to win that game.

At least the schedule makers tried to do us a solid. Can't ask for much more. I think this is the biggest bro-move we have received from the schedule guys in a while. They could of walked us out their vs the Packers, 9ers or Titans in an attempt to sink us before we even set sail. I woulda been pissed. At least their giving us one of the best possible chances to start out on a good note.

• Like 2

Out of all the weeks for the Commanders to be coming out here, it had to be on Christmas eve......doesn't necessarily mean I can't go, just not sure about the folks were going to join me.  Well, I guess once the schedule becomes official I will start figuring things out. 

Per JP, we play @ Dallas week 4.

Week 1:  Jax

Week 3:  Phi 

Week 4:  @ Dal

Week 6:  @ Chi (TNF)

Week 10:  @ Phi

Week 13:  @ NYG

Week 15:  NYG

Week 16:  @ SF (Christmas Eve)

Week 18:  Dal 

9 minutes ago, actorguy1 said:

OK, here's an update then: