Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2022 Commanders Schedule Info, Leaks, Mocks

kleese

11 hours ago, kleese said:

Either of the Eagles could be on MNF or TNF; also wouldn’t be shocking if one of those matchups got a late season Sat slot. Fairly “safe” match up there that will not be on SNF most likely or a 4:25 feature game. 

I do NOT believe our game at Colts would have any prayer to be on SNF— maybe MNF or TNF. 

I don’t think anyone cares about Kirk return, especially from a national perspective. Could be a lower tier TNF game but that’s about it. 

The big money prime slots are SNF and late feature 4:25 games. I believe our only possibility there will be the games against Dallas, SLIGHT chance for Philly, SLIGHT chance for Packers. I don’t see any others making the cut for those slots. 

This year sounds like they might throw ESPN/ABC a bit more of a bone with MNF games, especially early. We have lots of games that could maybe fit that ho-hum MNF mid-season type game. Same with TNF. Wouldn’t be shocked if we got Philly or Dallas on MNF early. 

colts game would be a good Thursday night game

23 hours ago, Redskins 2021 said:

I think it's on the road Bears or Lions first week.

I seriously doubt they throw us a fluffer game to build our confidence with the way the NFL and Goodell seem to feel about us, but who knows. Maybe they want us to look good so they can build hype for the Eagles, Cowboys and Indy games.

I like to go to one road game a season, I prefer to go to a place where its at least 50-50 for a win, and to go to a fun city.

Tough call for me, i am leaning the Bears game.  They should win and Chicago is fun.  

Love SF but I hear its a grind to get to the stadium.

Indy should be electric, fun town too, but it would suck if they lost which I think might be likely.

Last year i did the Raiders game, that was a blast.

58 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

A Cousins return to D.C. has no national sizzle whatsoever. Heck I don't even think it has local sizzle anymore.

I try to go to one home game a season, that one is tempting.  But agree i don't think there is much sizzle to it anymore, too much time has passed.

5 minutes ago, Mrshadow008 said:

Have a hard time believing this. For one the number of followers and two if youre going to schedule us on thanksgiving wouldnt you do it against Dallas? Unless like I said they plan on scheduling us against Dallas on Christmas.

Yeah. I have a hard time believing this too. 

5 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Finlay is questioning that leak on the radio now but who knows.

Lions played an NFC team last year, so they’d play an AFC team this year. Yeah that leak is 100% false. Also has Dallas hosting the bengals on thanksgiving (Dallas played an AFC team last year, would play an NFC team this year)

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Skinsinparadise said:

I like to go to one road game a season, I prefer to go to a place where its at least 50-50 for a win, and to go to a fun city.

Tough call for me, i am leaning the Bears game.  They should win and Chicago is fun.  

Love SF but I hear its a grind to get to the stadium.

Indy should be electric, fun town too, but it would suck if they lost which I think might be likely.

Last year i did the Raiders game, that was a blast.

I try to go to one home game a season, that one is tempting.  But agree i don't think there is much sizzle to it anymore, too much time has passed.

I would love for Chase and Montez to meet Matt in the middle and knock him out for the season.

2 hours ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

Lions played an NFC team last year, so they’d play an AFC team this year. Yeah that leak is 100% false. Also has Dallas hosting the bengals on thanksgiving (Dallas played an AFC team last year, would play an NFC team this year)

They don't alternate AFC/NFC anymore.

2 hours ago, Redskins 2021 said:

Miami or Buffalo at Detroit Thanksgiving day? That leak looks good.

The guy on the JP podcast kindof predicted that for a lot of reasons.

Said it was likely (almost assured) that since CBS has the Detroit game, it's going to be an AFC team.  And if you look at the AFC schedule for Detroit, those 2 games seemed to stick out as options.  And he leaned Miami because Buffalo might be a mismatch they don't really want on Thanksgiving.

I really want Dallas to play the Rams on Thanksgiving, which I don't think is possible for some reason, but I want that, and I want them to be humiliated at home, and I want Jerrah to choke on a turkey leg.  

2 hours ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Finlay is questioning that leak on the radio now but who knows.

I didn't listen, is he questioning it because of the guy he had on his podcast who said basically there was almost no chance CBS would waste a "swap" game with Fox to put an NFC game on CBS because everybody is going to watch on Thanksgiving anyway.

And my understanding is Fox has the Dallas game, and CBS has the Detroit game, so it kidnof has to be an AFC team.

NOTE: I don't actually care if we do play in Detroit for Thanksgiving.  We'd have a good chance of winning a nationally telelvised game (based on what we know now) and I'm fine with that.  But I doubt it. 

2 minutes ago, duffy said:

I'd be cool with this slate. That night game will be very intriguing. 

I thought Fox had the NFC game and CBS had the AFC game this year as of now, and they would have to "swap" in order to flip?  

Maybe I'm wrong, but I thought I heard that somewhere.  I doubt both would flop.  But maybe?  

If that did come true, I'd be fine with it. Bills vs. Ravens in prime time after turkey comma, that would be a good game to nap to...

I remember about four years ago or so, someone went around making up schedule leaks which looked authentic, but were actually just a means to draw attention to his account. I wonder if that’s what is going on here.

That being said, if y’all do play the Lions on Thanksgiving, there’s a decent chance you’d be playing the Cowboys the following Thursday night. The league generally has the Cowboys play a road Thursday night game the next week against a team that also played on Thanksgiving.

3 hours ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

I don’t think that’s an issue anymore. I could have swore that both Dallas and Detroit hosted NFC teams on Thanksgiving not too long ago.