Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2024 Baltimore Orioles: New Owner, New Hope

DCSaints_fan

The Orioles starting lineup is a tough one to crack at the moment. And even when Mullins and Mountcastle go down, Hicks and O’Hearn have played great. They’re retreads, not rookies for sure. 

There are definitely dudes who deserve promotion and playing time but there just isn’t a lot of opportunities at the moment. 

My guess is they are going to keep slow playing some of these guys and make them earn a spot with relatively limited opportunities. But more opportunities will open up with guys getting banged up and rested for the stretch run in the last 40iah games of the season. 

4 hours ago, TradeTheBeal! said:

I do not like the New York Yankees.

Tonight is one of those games that always seems to happen. Get a little lead, blow a bunch of opportunities and now it’s a tie game in the 8th. 

Probably get walked off on a popup HR to right.  EDIT - Bader with the 3 run hr in the 8th. Barf. 

Edited by TheDoyler23

2 minutes ago, abdcskins said:

Watching the game and realized Mountcastle isn't in there. Googled and apparently he has been on the IL with vertigo. Is that true? Never heard of that before (a player being out with vertigo, not the condition itself).

I get spells of it from time to time.  It's a really wild feeling, almost like being super drunk for about 5 seconds, then it passes.  I can imagine running would be very difficult...not to mention swinging a bat. 

Just now, balki1867 said:

If the game was close I’d be pissed as it was a nonsense decision by the ump. But it’s hilarious instead 

Ump must want to go home.

He ejected 'em as soon as he saw him coming.

I kinda wanted to see Hyde throw a temper tantrum while up 14 but I understand why you don't lol.

• Haha 1

35 minutes ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

Or don’t make room for Mountcastle. 

Whats his status?  It appears he's still on the IL but playing in the minors?  Can we keep him there indefinitely or do we have to somehow expose him to a waiver?  I'm not sure the org is quite yet ready to give up on him.  Alot of raw talent and could be a late bloomer

Edited by DCSaints_fan

4 hours ago, DCSaints_fan said:

Whats his status?  It appears he's still on the IL but playing in the minors?  Can we keep him there indefinitely or do we have to somehow expose him to a waiver?  I'm not sure the org is quite yet ready to give up on him.  Alot of raw talent and could be a late bloomer

He needs to come off the IL soon. He has an option remaining so they could keep him in Norfolk if they wanted. 

A strong finish into the All Star break after a bit of a swoon. 
The youth are taking over and performing to and beyond expectation, this team is strong. A FINE first half.
I look forward to the second half, and a playoff berth!

~Bang

Edited by Bang
  • Like 3