Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Wentz Traded to Washington for 2 3rd Rounders per Bleacher Report

Reaper Skins

2 hours ago, NeverSurrender said:

Well, we have pretty much had that for 20 years.  So just get over it.  Wentz is the guy right now.  He has talent. 

For 28 million and 2nd and a 3rd rounder it is just another crappy QB trade from this franchise. Saying he has talent is weird to me. If someone has talent but can't hold on to the ball means nothing. If you have talent but keep getting sacked and then fumble cause you are too brittle to hang on to the ball, all that overrides someone's talent. RG3 had talent. Joe Burrow really isn't as physically gifted as Wentz but he is a way better QB. Way better. Talent? smh... talent is going to get Ron fired. 

19 minutes ago, Alexa said:

For 28 million and 2nd and a 3rd rounder it is just another crappy QB trade from this franchise. Saying he has talent is weird to me. If someone has talent but can't hold on to the ball means nothing. If you have talent but keep getting sacked and then fumble cause you are too brittle to hang on to the ball, all that overrides someone's talent. RG3 had talent. Joe Burrow really isn't as physically gifted as Wentz but he is a way better QB. Way better. Talent? smh... talent is going to get Ron fired. 

I read all of your posts in Alexa's voice. 

• Haha 16
  • Thumb up 1

1. Something about this Colt's trade stinks to high heaven. I don't know a lot about Wentz personally, but all this Stuff with Irsay and Reich...sounds like we're not getting the whole picture. I'm hearing some people say that Reich is a "yes man" and he slobbed on Irsay and threw Wentz under the bus to save his own neck When you think about it, the Colts didn't have a QB before Wentz got there, they needed him.

2. The fans on the Eagles board are ridiculous. They think they're the team to beat for some reason, they're already counting the two games against us as wins. I hope our ginger QB has some fire in him and lights these fools up. Time will tell.

3. Does anyone have any idea how Wentz feels about coming here?

3 minutes ago, Simmsy said:

1. Something about this Colt's trade stinks to high heaven. I don't know a lot about Wentz personally, but all this Stuff with Irsay and Reich...sounds like we're not getting the whole picture. I'm hearing some people say that Reich is a "yes man" and he slobbed on Irsay and threw Wentz under the bus to save his own neck When you think about it, the Colts didn't have a QB before Wentz got there, they needed him.

2. The fans on the Eagles board are ridiculous. They think they're the team to beat for some reason, they're already counting the two games against us as wins. I hope our ginger QB has some fire in him and lights these fools up. Time will tell.

Well since no one can talk until the trade is official next Wednesday, per nfl rules; we have to wait until then.

It would be our luck and Carson says, he refuses to report to Commanders.

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Simmsy said:

I like to imagine he feels like DeSean did when he signed with Washington: excited for at least two revenge games each year. 

• Like 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

Carson Wentz is currently slated to have the 8th highest QB cap hit in 2022 at ~$28M. Below him are:

Jimmy G (~$27M)  - likely about to get an extension wherever he lands

Wilson ($24M) - cap hit declines in final years of contract, was a $32M cap hit last year

Lamar ($23M) - 5th year option on rookie contract

Stafford ($23M) - entering final year of deal

Carr ($20M) - about to sign a big extension

Prescott ($20M) - cap hit jumps to $49M next year

Everyone below is either on a rookie contract, on the 5th year option of their rookie contract, or scrubs. Of the non-rookies with lower cap hits than Wentz: Wilson rejected us this year, Stafford essentially rejected us last year, Jimmy G is not a better player and has an identical cap hit anyway, and Lamar, Carr and Prescott aren't available.

Wentz is not overpaid. We are absorbing a $28M cap hit for a good starting quarterback, AND we can cut him for no dead money next year if he doesn't work out.

How can people be upset about this trade?

• Like 8
  • Thumb up 2

3 hours ago, redskinss said:

Who are these people and why do they lurk for months waiting for an opportunity to chime in with one pointless sentence only to scurry back to the darkness not to be heard from again until GameDay.

I just don't get it.

*Lights cigarette in the corner of a dark room*

Wincing for Wentz

*Takes a drag, slowly backs into a dark corner*

• Haha 4

3 minutes ago, CapsSkins said:

Carson Wentz is currently slated to have the 8th highest QB cap hit in 2022 at ~$28M. Below him are:

Jimmy G (~$27M)  - likely about to get an extension wherever he lands

Wilson ($24M) - cap hit declines in final years of contract, was a $32M cap hit last year

Lamar ($23M) - 5th year option on rookie contract

Stafford ($23M) - entering final year of deal

Carr ($20M) - about to sign a big extension

Prescott ($20M) - cap hit jumps to $49M next year

Everyone below is either on a rookie contract, on the 5th year option of their rookie contract, or scrubs. Of the non-rookies with lower cap hits than Wentz: Wilson rejected us this year, Stafford essentially rejected us last year, Jimmy G is not a better player and has an identical cap hit anyway, and Lamar, Carr and Prescott aren't available.

Wentz is not overpaid. We are absorbing a $28M cap hit for a good starting quarterback, AND we can cut him for no dead money next year if he doesn't work out.

How can people be upset about this trade?

I can't speak for everyone, but for me, its lets about what we've given up and more about what we're getting. Out of the list of QBs, Wentz was probably (literally) the last one that I wanted to come here. Personally, I would like the cap hit to be lower (or restructured), but I don't care to much about the the draft picks. Most draft picks are squandered by teams anyways and we can always get some picks back. I think a lot of fans were just hoping for a better QB, I think this is the best we're going to get...doesn't mean we have to like it.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Simmsy said:

I can't speak for everyone, but for me, its lets about what we've given up and more about what we're getting. Out of the list of QBs, Wentz was probably (literally) the last one that I wanted to come here. Personally, I would like the cap hit to be lower (or restructured), but I don't care to much about the the draft picks. Most draft picks are squandered by teams anyways and we can always get some picks back. I think a lot of fans were just hoping for a better QB, I think this is the best we're going to get...doesn't mean we have to like it.

I think the Wentz hate is largely media narrative. He is a top 16 quarterback.

We in Washington are Subject Matter Experts when it comes to horrific owners, but for some reason act like Snyder is the only moron owner in the league. Irsay is just as bad, and this is basically all him. 

It's true that Wentz's vaccination status caused a lot of issues. I'm not going to get political in the Stadium, but suffice to say my opinion is that most football players are dumb jocks and fortunately COVID is (fingers crossed) behind us and it won't be an issue this season. 

Carson is the best quarterback we've had in a long, long, long, long time. We still have all our first rounders. We have no financial commitment beyond this year. We're not forced to reach for a prospect in a weak QB draft this year. We immediately are orders of magnitude more attractive to WR free agents who want to see a legitimate QB to get them the ball, and we have one of the best at the deep ball.

Kurt ****ing Cousins has a $45M cap hit this year and we're complaining about Wentz at $28M? 

We should be ecstatic at this trade.  

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumb up 2

3 hours ago, zCommander said:

I remember this place to be a place of real conversations and quality posts. When I joined I still had to learn the X and the O of football since I used to watch football as just an entertainment and no more. This place taught me alot like KDawg doing his breakdowns.

When ES was bought by the franchise is when everyone and everyone started joining and the quality started to go down. Long time posters like Blondie just gave up and left. She had enough arguing with stupidity. 

I like ES. I get my info around the league, the team and what is going on in the world in one place. I have stayed for this reason. 

She gave up when Cartwright left 😉

I miss the good ole days of civilized conversation around here.  Now it's **** the team, **** Snyder, **** you, **** everybody  along with a meme.

Still....I'm like an abused dog who keeps coming back after getting kicked.

To keep it OT, I think it's a competent signing. 

• Like 4
  • Thumb up 1

Why are people so eager to see us draft a QB this year if the consensus is that it's a weak draft class?

If Wentz doesn't work out, draft a QB in the first round *next* year with a stronger class. Do not draft a QB in the first or second this year. Get playmakers and go all-in to surround Wentz with talent this year.

• Like 9

3 hours ago, 88Comrade2000 said:

15 years is a long time but 22 years is the ultimate. Been here since Day 1.

Hell, was on the old TSN Mb where many original posters came from.

You have me beat by about six months.  It was definitely a different board back then.  I generally don't say much, as you can see from my post count, since someone else usually says what I'm thinking before I get a chance to post.

I still have my ExtremeSkins t-shirts I purchased to help keep the board afloat around here somewhere.

• Like 7

My guess is this:

Best case, we go 9-8/10-7 and make the playoffs as a wild card but lose as usual. 

Worst case, 6-11/7-10 and Carson is given boot.   Ron has never won fewer than 6 games in a full regular season. He went 5-7 in his final year in Carolina but was fired after in season.

I think the Season opener needs to be @Philly and Week 2 @ Indy.  Get his Revenge games out of the way.  If he's plays poorly in those 2 games to start the season; that foretells doom. 

5 hours ago, moboy36 said:

I would rather see 3 years/$100 mil with $28 mil guaranteed (most as signing bonus). 

That still allows us to cut after year one, but gives him a raise if he plays well...and allows us to sign more talent around him, increasing the chances that he will play well.  

Why would we do that? We have him locked up for 3 years right now for less than that. Makes no sense. We can clear cap space with restructures and cuts. 

• Like 2

After having a full day to think about this. Wentz lost the upper management. NOT HIS teammates. We cant possibly know what happened with the higher ups. I know the vax bull**** and all of that. But we got a guy that his teammates liked. And we definitely upgraded from Heinike's dead ass arm. Lets see what happens. Something tells me Wentz is salivating about getting a chance to beat up on the NFCE again. And if Ron cant get leadership out of Wentz no one can. 

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, clskinsfan said:

Why would we do that? We have him locked up for 3 years right now for less than that. Makes no sense. We can clear cap space with restructures and cuts. 

Just to allow us to convert to signing bonus and free up more space (because I didn't know if Wentz would agree without incentive) ...but since that post, it was suggested that we can do that anyway (without his approval). So I'm all for keeping as is and converting.