Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Wentz Traded to Washington for 2 3rd Rounders per Bleacher Report

Reaper Skins

4 minutes ago, OMacAttack said:

Extra 7th round pick is okay.

It's interesting not a lot of tweets or responses from our current Commanders. Kind of shocking a big move like this hasn't got them excited.

They probably have the view that many fans do; Wentz has to prove it.

The issues that caused him to be on his 3rd team in 3 years; has to cease.

Wentz has to earn the trust of his new teammates.

1 hour ago, Koolblue13 said:

I can see Wentz and Heinicke having a conversation like Coffee Black and Monix in semi pro and Wentz throwing his ring at Taylor.

Oh man as long as Wentz doesn't go down in the SB and Taylor coming in and winning it all for him. ;)

• Haha 4

59 minutes ago, Koolblue13 said:

I was talking to a former ESer on the Eagles Board and he was saying ES use to be a lot of fun and his guilty pleasure, but ever since RG3 it's just been sad over here. I'd imagine a lot of those posters use to be more active, but just like onGameDay, less and less people seem to care daily.

I remember this place to be a place of real conversations and quality posts. When I joined I still had to learn the X and the O of football since I used to watch football as just an entertainment and no more. This place taught me alot like KDawg doing his breakdowns.

When ES was bought by the franchise is when everyone and everyone started joining and the quality started to go down. Long time posters like Blondie just gave up and left. She had enough arguing with stupidity. 

I like ES. I get my info around the league, the team and what is going on in the world in one place. I have stayed for this reason. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Guess this answers why no players are commenting.

JP Finlay (@JPFinlayNBCS) Tweeted:

For everyone asking - the Commanders cant talk about the Wentz trade until next Wednesday. Rivera cant talk about it. Wentz cant talk about it. None of them talk until next week. NFL rules.

https://twitter.com/JPFinlayNBCS/status/1501962188612849681?s=20&t=zv_zX-m9a9Y1MBmhAT3jAA

Edited by OMacAttack
Didn't embed this right
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumb up 1

40 minutes ago, DJHJR86 said:

McLaurin has to be excited.  

On the top 10 countdown #3 stands out to me as exactly the kind of route that McLaurin could consistently win but opposing safeties knew they didn't need to worry about as long as Heinicke was behind center.

Bless his over achieving heart but the kid just doesn't have the arm strength to threaten deep areas of the field.

McLaurin could have a career year next season if things break right. <fingers crossed>

Edited by CommanderInTheRye
  • Like 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 2

3 minutes ago, CommanderInTheRye said:

On the top 10 countdown #3 stands out to me as exactly the kind of route that McLaurin could consistently win but opposing safeties knew they didn't need to worry about as long as Heinicke was behind center.

Bless his over achieving heart but the kid just doesn't have the arm strength to threaten deep areas of the field.

McLaurin could have a career year next season if things break right. <fingers crossed>

Just like he was going to last year until fitzy’s hip “broke right.” 😭😢🥺😩

• Haha 2

6 hours ago, Burgold said:

In the best case scenario, around game eight, Marty approaches his agent and they begin talking about a new contract. I really hope we don't offer a new contract immediately even though that seems often to be the case... unless we get a damaged goods contract on the cheap which I doubt would be the case.

I don't know if Wentz can get it together or if his skillset is a fit for what Turner likes to do. The good news is he is still in his prime and still has his arm. The bad news is that he seems to wear out his welcome quickly and despite his talent keeps getting beat out by "lesser" QBs. 

God no.

He already has a 3 year contract. We shouldn’t even think about a new contract until after the 23 season. If he’s still here; then he’s gotten over the issues that got him booted from Philly and Indy and has actually done something in 22,23.

Don't throw the fruit at me, but is it possible that Luck can come out of retirement and play for the Colts again?  It's the only thing that I can logically think of as to why they would just trade away Wentz for essentially peanuts.  They do not have a first round draft pick in 2022.  They have no quarterback on their roster right now to trade and acquire a starting quarterback.  The remaining options are Jimmy G (need to trade), Winston, Mariota, Trubisky, Dalton, Bridgewater, and Taylor.  None of them make the Colts any better than when they had Wentz, IMO.  The more I think about it, it's just really bizarre on their end.

Just now, DJHJR86 said:

Don't throw the fruit at me, but is it possible that Luck can come out of retirement and play for the Colts again?  It's the only thing that I can logically think of as to why they would just trade away Wentz for essentially peanuts.  They do not have a first round draft pick in 2022.  They have no quarterback on their roster right now to trade and acquire a starting quarterback.  The remaining options are Jimmy G (need to trade), Winston, Mariota, Trubisky, Dalton, Bridgewater, and Taylor.  None of them make the Colts any better than when they had Wentz, IMO.  The more I think about it, it's just really bizarre on their end.

That's what happens when you have a meddling irrational asshole of an owner. This move was all him.

Just now, No Nonsense said:

I know. This is a long shot, but if everything goes well for Deshaun on Friday, could Washington flip Wentz for a Deshaun trade with Houston? 

Could they? Probably yes. Will they? I doubt it however that would be some amazing work by the FO. I think Seattle has the more attractive pick package at this point, but Lock vs Wentz is a clear win for Wentz.

6 minutes ago, 88Comrade2000 said:

God no.

He already has a 3 year contract. We shouldn’t even think about a new contract until after the 23 season. If he’s still here; then he’s gotten over the issues that got him booted from Philly and Indy and has actually done something in 22,23.

Plus I don’t think there is any guaranteed money after this year so I think it’s essentially a one year prove it deal at this point. So the real cost is the draft picks. But we need to restructure several contracts sooner than later and extend terry so we can attack free agency. 

And by attack I mean I’ll honestly be happy if we sign Wagner/Campbell/Hicks and resign several of our own like JD/McCain/Carter. I didn’t love McCain a lot of last year but he finally bought in and learned how to play in the system and started playing well. I don’t wanna start fresh with someone new again next year and the defense has to gel all over again. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, DJHJR86 said:

From what I‘be read, Wentz rubbed a lot of people the wrong way. It’s been said that he’s a bad locker room guy. 

15 minutes ago, CommanderInTheRye said:

That was a fun watch. He has a huge canon of an arm. Now, when a play breaks down it's "just go long" and Wentz can easily get it to you in stride.

I think #9 is the perfect difference between Wentz and Heini. Wentz is able to hit a guy 25 yards down the field who has separation. Heini would have thrown it to the double covered guy right in front of him and it would have been high, behind and late.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, DJHJR86 said:

That's why I'm assuming the relationship with Wentz became toxic. This looks more like a desperation move by the Colts than it does by the Team I Will Always Call the Redskins Just Because I'm Like That.

The Wentz move makes sense if Ron sees '22 as the year he has to start saving his job. He whiffed on the elite QBs, and it's entirely reasonable to believe he doesn't see a franchise QB in this year's draft crop. Where does that leave you? It's either Wentz, Garoppolo or one of the washout free agents. In that light, Wentz doesn't seem like a bad choice. The assumption has to be that Ron needs to show better results this year in order to have the opportunity to draft the real guy in '23.

14 minutes ago, 88Comrade2000 said:

God no.

You're right. When I wrote that I thought this was the last year of his contract because all the talk was about how Washington could walk away next year without penalty.

5 minutes ago, moondog said:

Plus I don’t think there is any guaranteed money after this year so I think it’s essentially a one year prove it deal at this point. So the real cost is the draft picks. But we need to restructure several contracts sooner than later and extend terry so we can attack free agency. 

And by attack I mean I’ll honestly be happy if we sign Wagner/Campbell/Hicks and resign several of our own like JD/McCain/Carter. I didn’t love McCain a lot of last year but he finally bought in and learned how to play in the system and started playing well. I don’t wanna start fresh with someone new again next year and the defense has to gel all over again. 

Landon is gone or is about to; freeing up cap money there.

1 hour ago, Burgold said:

You're right. When I wrote that I thought this was the last year of his contract because all the talk was about how Washington could walk away next year without penalty.

We can walk away but we took on his entire contract. He’s ours for 3 years; if we choose.

This trade is only a hit; if Carson becomes our franchise qb.

I am very doubtful. We are his 3rd team in 3 years. Is he an upgrade, yes. Just about any QB would be an upgrade over Taylor. I don’t trust Carson to end those issues that has him on his 3rd team in 3 years. It may great earlier on but over the course of season; those issues will resurface. I think it’s rare for a player who’s on his 3rd team in a short time frame; to go on to have success.

I don’t see us drafting a qb this year. I see the qb room as Wentz, a resigned Allen and Heinicke. If Wentz plays well to not be cut in 23; then Ron will think , he has his long term qb and won’t draft a qb in 23 either.

I need to see 2 solid playoff years; before I believe Wentz is the guy.

1 hour ago, Burgold said:
Edited by 88Comrade2000

We need to add pieces, converting Wentz Salary this year and kicking a little into the following two years doesn't hamstring 23/24 and helps us extend Terry, Add a MLB or Safety or both, sign JD back... JD sounds like he's asking for a decent chunk, so Gibson might have to take on that role and we need to draft a power back. 

I'm actually not opposed to restructuring the whole thing and making a 3 year commitment to Wentz, but I would bet I'm in the minority. In that scenario we would really have the ability to get creative in FA. 

Just now, Inigo Montoya said:

We need to add pieces, converting Wentz Salary this year and kicking a little into the following two years doesn't hamstring 23/24 and helps us extend Terry, Add a MLB or Safety or both, sign JD back... JD sounds like he's asking for a decent chunk, so Gibson might have to take on that role and we need to draft a power back. 

I'm actually not opposed to restructuring the whole thing and making a 3 year commitment to Wentz, but I would bet I'm in the minority. In that scenario we would really have the ability to get creative in FA. 

I don’t really think I’d go that far yet. 

And there is no insensitive for him to do anything because he has 3 more years on his deal.  Granted nit guaranteed.  But they do exist so you have to consider them somehow….

2 minutes ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

I don’t really think I’d go that far yet. 

And there is no insensitive for him to do anything because he has 3 more years on his deal.  Granted nit guaranteed.  But they do exist so you have to consider them somehow….

I know I'm in the minority there, but for Wentz there would likely be $60-$75mil guaranteed reasons for him to do it. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Inigo Montoya said:

I know I'm in the minority there, but for Wentz there would likely be $60-$75mil guaranteed reasons for him to do it

I would rather see 3 years/$100 mil with $28 mil guaranteed (most as signing bonus). 

That still allows us to cut after year one, but gives him a raise if he plays well...and allows us to sign more talent around him, increasing the chances that he will play well.  

• Like 1