Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Wentz Traded to Washington for 2 3rd Rounders per Bleacher Report

Reaper Skins

9 minutes ago, clskinsfan said:

My problem with Wentz is his locker room rep. Maybe Ron can handle that. The other option I would have accepted would be Winston. But he is coming off an ACL so who knows what you would get out of him this season. I hate having to give up draft capitol for Wentz. But I do agree with you that they got a starter out of the deal. 

The choices were essentially Winston, who is a not a proven starter with turnover issues.  Watson, the most talented… but a likely serial sex offender that sat out a year and is more than likely to be suspended.  Mitch, who has only ever been horrible as a starter.  Wentz, a starter that is such a dickhead that he can’t stick with one team despite being a good enough to start in this league.  Wilson and Rodgers weren’t real options.  Edit: Garoppolo who is mediocre at best and doesn’t want to play here.  lol 

I might be missing someone.

the reality is that in the NFL there are no ideal starting QBs available via trade or free agency.  Going this route gets you an imperfect situation 99 times out of a hundred.  Given that, Washington accomplished their goal of securing a starter.  Credit where credit is due.

if they want a real franchise QB worth a massive contract, they’ll still need to draft one at some point.  

Edited by Destino
  • Like 6

2 minutes ago, KillBill26 said:

We just had a 7 win season with one of the worst starting QBs in the league.  Mediocre is our floor right now before adding Wentz.  As opposed to Wentz has elevated us to mediocre.

Heinicke is certainly not good but he does a lot of things better than Wentz, just doesn’t have an NFL arm or size.  They are not nearly as far apart as difference makers as a lot of folks are making them out to be.  

1 minute ago, 86 Snyder said:

Heinicke is certainly not good but he does a lot of things better than Wentz, just doesn’t have an NFL arm or size.  They are not nearly as far apart as difference makers as a lot of folks are making them out to be.  

Come on man. Wentz will be ripping passes Heinike cant even dream of making. 

• Like 6
  • Haha 1

So what does Heinicke do better than Wentz? I'm genuinely curious.

• Haha 2
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

I know you can’t rebutt anything else I wrote so this is the best you can do.  It’s weak but, at least it’s something.

Anyway, the solution was to take one of the top 2 QBs in this draft at 11 OR sign a cheap guy who will probably suck like Bridgewater or Winston…then be in position to have a top pick in 2023 when the QB class is much better.  At least take a stab at finding a franchise guy.

Wentz is ass.

1.  We can still take a qb at 11

2.  Bridgewater / Winston would both be upgrades over TH.   your solution to getting a higher draft pick is to keep our roster intact and upgrade at QB?  That sounds like our record would be better, and our draft pick worse.

Again, this isn't directed at you, but for the ppl complaining about the trade, how does this prohibit us from adding another QB who will be our elite QB of the future?  I want to hear a logical plan.  Upgrading at QB with the 2 guys you mentioned and that will result in a better draft pick doesn't make sense.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, 86 Snyder said:

Wentz has an MVP caliber season on his resume.  He has had more success than TH.

I'm not saying Wentz is the savior and we are super bowl bound, I just think the negative reaction to this and how it impedes our ability to add the QB of the future is overblown.

2 minutes ago, CobraCommander said:

So what does Heinicke do better than Wentz? I'm genuinely curious.

Funnel two beers at a time.  Duh.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

This isn't Cheers.. i am not trying to be best buddies with the QB... i would rather have a legit NFL QB who's an asshole (Wentz) , than a super nice guy without the NFL level skills/ traits(Heineke) ,... just win baby! 

...and lets hope Wentz learned something in his previous stints and understands that this is his last shot as a starting gig. maybe learn some leadership skills. (and yes, leadership skills can be learned)

also.. while no one mentioned this, the conspiracy theorist in me is thinking that Scary Terry might not sign an extension here if we don't get a legit QB to throw him the damn ball. 

Edited by oraphus
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, 86 Snyder said:

I know you can’t rebutt anything else I wrote so this is the best you can do.  It’s weak but, at least it’s something.

Anyway, the solution was to take one of the top 2 QBs in this draft at 11 OR sign a cheap guy who will probably suck like Bridgewater or Winston…then be in position to have a top pick in 2023 when the QB class is much better.  At least take a stab at finding a franchise guy.

Wentz is ass.

We aren't allowed to draft a QB now? The QBs in this draft are ass. Now we have a cuttable, tradable QB which has been a part of these QB trades and he's on a favorable contract.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, KillBill26 said:

1.  We can still take a qb at 11

2.  Bridgewater / Winston would both be upgrades over TH.   your solution to getting a higher draft pick is to keep our roster intact and upgrade at QB?  That sounds like our record would be better, and our draft pick worse.

Again, this isn't directed at you, but for the ppl complaining about the trade, how does this prohibit us from adding another QB who will be our elite QB of the future?  I want to hear a logical plan.  Upgrading at QB with the 2 guys you mentioned and that will result in a better draft pick doesn't make sense.

1- IF they still take QB at 11, then fine.  But they won’t.  My guess is WR.

2- Bridgewater/Winston could be had for probably $10M.  You gotta get someone in here for sure, but at least do it cheaply and without giving up picks if aiming that low.  You can’t just outright rank a whole season but you preserve assets and still probably end up sucking if going that route.  Wentz is a rung above both of those guys but can’t win you anything that matters, so it’s pointless.  It’s a million times better to be a half step behind and still have all your picks and an extra $18M in your pocket.

3- It hamstrings future plans because you just gave up valuable draft capital and probably cost yourself 5-10 spots in next years draft, which has a handful of good QB prospects much better than this class.  

The plan should have been simple.  Trade for Rodgers, Wilson, or Watson (I wouldn’t have done the last two but whatever).  If that doesn’t work, head to the bargain bin.  Draft at guy at 11 and be ready to go back to the well in 23 if it doesn’t work out like the Cards did with Rosen.

2 minutes ago, Koolblue13 said:

We aren't allowed to draft a QB now? The QBs in this draft are ass. Now we have a cuttable, tradable QB which has been a part of these QB trades and he's on a favorable contract.

Why would you cut him since he’s soooo good?

Sure they CAN draft a guy at 11, but they wont.  Ron has shown no interest in developing a QB and will want to build the team. I’d put money down he will go WR to help make Wentz look good but almost zero chance he goes Pickett or Willis now.

3 minutes ago, Birdlives said:

And twice a healthy

McNabb twice as healthy when he came to WAS as Wentz is now? You gotta be kidding me.

I just found an Old BR article from 2012 and he's listed as the most injured player.

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/1023095-the-10-most-injury-prone-stars-in-nfl-history#:~:text=He went through a sports,while setting multiple team records.

"McNabb's first major injury also coincided with one of his best performances. Against the Cardinals in 2002, the Eagle QB suffered a broken ankle while being sacked in the first quarter. Playing through the pain, he threw for four touchdowns in a victory.

He went through a sports hernia and a sore thumb in 2005, an ACL tear in 2006 and a broken rib in 2009."

• Like 1

2 hours ago, illone said:

You guys related or something?  Calm down seminole.

More proof that fans of this team have stockholm syndrome.  

I didnt say he's going to be good or is good... I said he doesnt have a noodle arm. You picked one thing that is not even close to accurate. 

Terrible post, like I said. Lack of football knowledge. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Birdlives said:

more likely planning some trips to visit other cities and see where he’d like to play next. What a whiff.

Very possible it's a whiff.  We roll with Wentz in 22, if he is awful, we cut him with no cap hit, and are only down a 3rd in 23 (the 3rd in 22 is in the rear view).   Maybe he is really awful, and we get that high pick for an elite QB!! Doubt it. Odds are we are either just as mediocre as we were yesterday, or we have an upgrade at QB that makes us a playoff team.  

This deal isn't forcing us to be married to Wentz.  We may look back at it as a bad trade, but it's worth a shot IMO.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, CobraCommander said:

McNabb twice as healthy when he came to WAS as Wentz is now? You gotta be kidding me.

I just found an Old BR article from 2012 and he's listed as the most injured player.

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/1023095-the-10-most-injury-prone-stars-in-nfl-history#:~:text=He went through a sports,while setting multiple team records.

"McNabb's first major injury also coincided with one of his best performances. Against the Cardinals in 2002, the Eagle QB suffered a broken ankle while being sacked in the first quarter. Playing through the pain, he threw for four touchdowns in a victory.

He went through a sports hernia and a sore thumb in 2005, an ACL tear in 2006 and a broken rib in 2009."

Umm, okay? Not sure what you’re trying to prove. Wentz blew out his knee and clearly hasn’t been the same since. 

Just now, Birdlives said:

Umm, okay? Not sure what you’re trying to prove. Wentz blew out his knee and clearly hasn’t been the same since. 

Oh sorry, i thought you were implying that McNabb, who also blew out his knee, was twice as healthy as Wentz is now. Did I read that wrong?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, 86 Snyder said:

Sure they CAN draft a guy at 11, but they wont.  Ron has shown no interest in developing a QB and will want to build the team. I’d put money down he will go WR to help make Wentz look good but almost zero chance he goes Pickett or Willis now.

I'm not trying to make Wentz out to be some long term starter or savior hero. He's a very good QB when he's playing well. He has a ton of upside. A lot more than any other QB and you can definitely win with him. If it doesn't work, we can easily walk away. We aren't forced to draft a mediocre QB now and can wait until next year, which should be remarkably better and we still have our 1rst rounders.

This is all upside.

We're a middle of the league team with Heinicke. Trubiski said he doesn't want to come here. So what? Roll with Heinicke again, draft between 10-15, lose all your players and fans, because you just gave up? Sign Winston and win 2 more games, have a worse draft pick and still kinda suck? 

"why would you cut him if he's sooooo good" that reads like a little girl posted it. Your posts are so over the top dramatic and your entire ****ing is centered around wanting to draft a QB, like everyone of us from fan to coach wants to do and will. If not this year, then next. 

Wentz makes us competitive and one of the better teams in the NFC and we can still draft a QB. We can go hog wild and drop 3 1rsts again like we did 10 years ago to find our solution. We actually have a bartering piece to trade now also. If Wentz sucks, we have a higher pick and we walk next year with no cost to cut him. If he plays great, sky is the limit. This is a win for a **** franchise that doesn't win. 

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, Chump Bailey said:

I wonder what we do with #11 now? How will Wentz act if we go QB?  

We will probably go QB if we have a shot at one. We lost on Russ. Either they were scared or heard something regarding Winston. We got another gap qb, that perhaps can be turned around because of his age. Otherwise its another chance at a qb draft next year

8 minutes ago, 86 Snyder said:

1- IF they still take QB at 11, then fine.  But they won’t.  My guess is WR.

2- Bridgewater/Winston could be had for probably $10M.  You gotta get someone in here for sure, but at least do it cheaply and without giving up picks if aiming that low.  You can’t just outright rank a whole season but you preserve assets and still probably end up sucking if going that route.  Wentz is a rung above both of those guys but can’t win you anything that matters, so it’s pointless.  It’s a million times better to be a half step behind and still have all your picks and an extra $18M in your pocket.

3- It hamstrings future plans because you just gave up valuable draft capital and probably cost yourself 5-10 spots in next years draft, which has a handful of good QB prospects much better than this class.  

The plan should have been simple.  Trade for Rodgers, Wilson, or Watson (I wouldn’t have done the last two but whatever).  If that doesn’t work, head to the bargain bin.  Draft at guy at 11 and be ready to go back to the well in 23 if it doesn’t work out like the Cards did with Rosen.

I understand your point regarding having the extra cap space and being a few slots higher in the draft helps, but I think Wentz has a shot to be a qb we can win with.  Super bowl run?  No idea.  Odds are against it.  But with us keeping our 1st and 2nd, and still having cap space after the inevitable restructuring that's coming, we will have a very solid team surrounding the QB position.  I don't blame them for taking a chance and seeing if it pans out.

I also don't like the qbs this year, but as I said, if Ron does, they still can take one at 11, or even move up to get a Willis if they do desire, bc we still have premium draft capital.

FWIW, I'm 100% against chasing Watson due to character issues, so I already crossed him off the list.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, SkinsNoles21 said:

I didnt say he's going to be good or is good... I said he doesnt have a noodle arm. You picked one thing that is not even close to accurate. 

Terrible post, like I said. Lack of football knowledge. 

go read the post again. Did you catch the sarcasm this time?

Sheesh, lighten tf up. 

We got a starter not the one that we wanted we swapped 2nd rounders, dropping only 5 spots in a hell of a deep draft.  The guy had 28td and 7 int.  That is 4-1 where I come from.  If he turns out to be solid, and if we get 28tds and only 7 int from our qb we are going to win 10+ games.  How many games did we lose because of TH not being able to make the necessary throws.  

To me its not perfect, however I think he comes back into the division that traded him with something to prove.  I like that angle big time.  Lets see what else we can do with this roster.  A few holes plugged and a decent draft and we are in good shape.  I do not know about you guys but I feel relieved.  We got to swap not trade this years 2nd rd pick.  That's huge.  Let NFL Network yuk it up.  They disrespect this team to the point of being unprofessional and irresponsible.  Steve Smith was a great player, but my lord if their was ever a inspiration for a human muzzle, he is it.  Because of this cap hit give me a mike lb in free agency, draft is deep at the safety position, trade down in the first rd get our third back.  I am feeling pretty good.  

At the end of the day, this is the best we could do, because we cannot force people to want to play for us.  Heck Jimmy G did not want top play here.  We have an upgrade on our qb that won 7 games last season with as much adversity a team could have.  

Best move they could make considering the circumstances.

• Like 3