Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official ES (or E...C) 2022 Free Agency Thread Signed G Andrew Norwell, Obada, Trai Turner...Goodbye Scherff, Kyle Allen, Tim Settle

Riggo-toni

14 minutes ago, HigSkin said:

I don't think we should expect a QB until later rounds but we'll see.  I'm also not sure about a trade down.  Besides having to have trade partners, we really need talent at a skill position.  You're much more likely to get that higher in the first. 🙂  we'll see on that front as well my friend!

I don't see this desperate need others see.  But I think we could find a trade partner.  Hell if you like a guy the Eagles like they got three shots to get him in the middle of the first

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, FootballZombie said:

I think it has more to do w/ all the QB movement, teams finding their solutions, and we are still playing in the sand. People were hopeful for a solution, not another chance at one, and by all means this was the offseason to make that happen with the QB musical chairs going down. If we can't cash in now, when can we. We also hurt our chances to draft one next year, so that pathway feels murkier than ever as well.

Shouldn’t every fan of this team be resigned to the fact that we aren’t a destination for the most coveted players in the game?

We were never in the running for the cream of the crop.  So to that point, I simply say shame on the fans that convinced themselves we were going to end up with Wilson, Rodgers, etc.

We still have all of our first round picks as ammo to make a trade should we truly covet a player in next years draft.

Edited by BatteredFanSyndrome
  • Like 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

6 minutes ago, zCommander said:

What's happening with Baker Mayfield. Kinda of surprised Colts didn't go after him. 

Do you think Seattle may be interested.  I am trying to predict the next move I had no idea about the connection between Smith and Mariota.  I have said this many times this is the craziest offseason to date.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, zCommander said:

What's happening with Baker Mayfield. Kinda of surprised Colts didn't go after him. 

He’s looking like damaged goods right now. Something odd about that whole relationship with the Browns irrespective of the Watson move. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Est.1974 said:

He’s looking like damaged goods right now. Something odd about that whole relationship with the Browns irrespective of the Watson move. 

Living in that big stadium all by yourself, that's got to take a toll on you, psychologically.  Alice Copper as your neighbor can only hurt your property value.  Those things way on you.😄

• Haha 5

26 minutes ago, Koolblue13 said:

Judging by the no trade clause holders and FAs going to predictable locations, it seems our only options for a vet were Wentz, Jimmy, Baker. That was it. Maybe Trubs.

Think you gotta stack on Mariotta and Winston. And I heard Ryan didn't have a clause either.

Teddy B maybe.

21 minutes ago, Est.1974 said:

Update:  I don't see a tweet that Schefter sent out regarding this. It may be something he's said but not tweeted unless I missed it.  Sorry. 

Wonder where this leads too.  Cleveland did it once before not too long ago.  Wow!

Edited by RWJ

36 minutes ago, FootballZombie said:

Extreme example to make a point. I don't think Wentz is garbage, he is a starting QB.

As long as nothing major goes down in the division, I think he can get us to the POs

He just is not the future is all.

This is probably fair. It's possible he is better. But fair enough more likely he is not. 

36 minutes ago, FootballZombie said:

I think it has more to do w/ all the QB movement, teams finding their solutions, and we are still playing in the sand. People were hopeful for a solution, not another chance at one, and by all means this was the offseason to make that happen with the QB musical chairs going down. If we can't cash in now, when can we. We also hurt our chances to draft one next year, so that pathway feels murkier than ever as well.

This is where the comment comes off the rails. Who besides Denver found thier solutions? Not the Colts. I live in Atl and Matt Ryan is in decline. He was jsut barely better than Wentz with better weapons. 27 - 7 TD to int vs 20 - 12. But Matt had better comp % and yds. So pretty close. Not to mention they jsut gauranteed his contract the next two years but do not have him signed past that So $54M guaranteed over 2 yrs and he could walk if he wants to. They may extend and i would expect them to if he plays well, but right now it's all open. We get out of Wentz after this year if we need to with no dead money. Ryan is a great locker room guy but he is 36 and already showing decline. This will be the Colts 4th QB in 4 yrs. How is that finding your solution? 

The Falcons? They gave up Ryan for Mariota on a 2 yr deal. Not a bad deal but you can't tell me they have found thier guy any more than we did. Pittsburg? Not even close. I am so glad we did not get Trubisky. Jimmy G is no ones long term solution. IF he was he would remain SF 49ers QB1. 

So Rogers stayed put, Wilson could not be had despite them trying hard and Carr not moving. After that all the other QBs have major question marks, yes including Wentz. But to say others (plural) are finding thier solutions while we are playing in the sand is false. You can like thier deals better, which I do not for the most part - the Mariota deal I like the best. I think he has a chance but still so far is a back-up.

As for next year, nothing they did keeps them from being a major player for QB in the draft next year. Unless they make a big FA signing, which looks unlikely, they basically move 15 to 20 spots down in the 3rd - if they are looking QB the pick it's 50/50 he gets 70% snaps. But still jsut a 2nd if he does. That does not keep the team from making a move next year. 

Having lived in Indy, it is well know Irsay is ****ing drug addict. And most indications are he is the one that wanted to get rid of Carson. Ballard and Reich appear to not want to let him go. Were they lying? Is Irsay providing cover? Maybe. But again. Irsay is the drug addict. He is the one I could saying making **** up to make his team look good. 

This is not the best deal ever by any means. But it is not bad either. A high ceiling but a low floor too. But everyone who changed QBs this year except Denver is in the same situation excpet may the Colts whose only difference is little a higher floor short term. 

9 minutes ago, goskins10 said:

This is where the comment comes off the rails. Who besides Denver found thier solutions?

You don't need to switch teams to find solutions.

Denver may have picked up Wilson, but GB managed to retain Rodgers. Brady came out of retirement. The Rams even extended Stafford. I like Ryan to the Colts. Somebody is gonna draft a QB and build around them, maybe more than one team.

Tons of teams got answers.

30 minutes ago, FootballZombie said:

Think you gotta stack on Mariotta and Winston. And I heard Ryan didn't have a clause either.

There are actually very few no trade clause in the NFL. Something like 7 total. It just so happens that Watson and Wilson had two of them.

4 minutes ago, FootballZombie said:

You don't need to switch teams to find solutions.

Denver may have picked up Wilson, but GB managed to retain Rodgers. Brady came out of retirement. The Rams even extended Stafford. I like Ryan to the Colts. Somebody is gonna draft a QB and build around them, maybe more than one team.

Tons of teams got answers.

Not the same situation. You can't say someone "found" thier solution when they jsut kept the proven they already had LOL  You can't really be serious there.  And there are even less guarantees that the draft class will produce more than 1 or maybe 2 legitimate starting QBs. They have the same questions that we have. 

So, again one one team "found" thier long term solution, that is Denver. You can even have Ryan although I am telling you from living here and watching every down and talking to thier fans most will be happy he is gone. Way overpaid for what he does. But even then that's 2, just 2. Not "tons". LOL