Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Game Day Thread - Russell's Bum Finger vs The Legend of Taylor Heinicke

TK
Message added by TK,

1511917340_ScreenShot2021-11-29at11_24_22PM.thumb.png.9ff08e320975480226009ee094c5a462.png

On 11/29/2021 at 11:58 PM, PartyPosse said:

What a weird tradition. Throw a rock at a whiteboard?

Not a tradition. Heard it on the radio today that Ron told his guys that Tampa is Goliath and we are David and 7 points underdogs. Told them that David took down Goliath with a rock. There is a rock for every Goliath. He threw the rock after the Tampa game then last week after the Panthers game but hurt his shoulder doing it, so this time he gave the rock to Taylor since he is a pro.

The whiteboard has names of the players and schedule and times and stuff - Per Ron. 

It is a great way to pump up the players before and after a win. :)

Edited by zskins
  • Like 2
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 2

2 hours ago, zskins said:

Not a tradition. Heard it on the radio today that Ron told his guys that Tampa is Goliath and we are David and 7 points underdogs. Told them that David took down Goliath with a rock. There is a rock for every Goliath. He threw the rock after the Tampa game then last week after the Panthers game but hurt his shoulder doing it, so this time he gave the rock to Taylor since he is a pro.

The whiteboard has names of the players and schedule and times and stuff - Per Ron. 

I prefer this way

image.jpeg.ea540cf449d3b11cc94fa0476d8f2940.jpeg

• Haha 5

3 hours ago, zskins said:

WOW.....you just summed up the difference between Ron and jay in one post....gruden would never have thought avoid that type of motivation, or, any motivation really 

• Like 3

5 hours ago, SkinFanInMinn said:

I still cringe when I think about Zorn's "hip, hip hooray" that he'd lead in the locker room.  😂

Hey now, I know I'm not the only one who thought that was goofy, but novel, when we were winning.  When the winning stopped, that definitely seemed like a terrible thing.  

6 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Stuff like this, is why I don't mind the run plays on 3rd and 1 repeatedly. These guys are just hitting their stride and are only going to get better. Banging heads with Wagner, Adams and Brooks and beating them down at their own game is huge. We won't see another defense that can physically challenge them until the playoffs.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Skinsinparadise said:

1 hour ago, Koolblue13 said:

Stuff like this, is why I don't mind the run plays on 3rd and 1 repeatedly. These guys are just hitting their stride and are only going to get better. Banging heads with Wagner, Adams and Brooks and beating them down at their own game is huge. We won't see another defense that can physically challenge them until the playoffs.

Spot on @Koolblue13  I will admit by the 3rd time I was thinking a PA might be more effective. But I think thier mentality is they can get 1 yd on anyone - impose thier will. But Seattle D is an excellent D at times. They have someone make an extraordinary play each time we tried it. They will self scout and change it up. But I love the idea. 

Ereck Flowers is really flourishing here. I remember when many were not at all happy he was being brought in - meaning the first time. To be fair he had been pretty much a bust as NY insisted on playing him a T. Many of us excepted a move to G and sure enough he had a great season. Should have been resigned but glad he is back. As bad a T as he is, dude is that good a G. When the fat boys are happy, the rest of team typically has good reason to also be happy! 

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

1 minute ago, goskins10 said:

Spot on @Koolblue13  I will admit by the 3rd time I was thinking a PA might be more effective. But I think thier mentality is they can get 1 yd on anyone - impose thier will. But Seattle D is an excellent D at times. They have someone make an extraordinary play each time we tried it. They will self scout and change it up. But I love the idea. 

Ereck Flowers is really flourishing here. I remember when many were not at all happy he was being brought in - meaning the first time. To be fair he had been pretty much a bust as NY insisted on playing him a T. Many of us excepted a move to G and sure enough he had a great season. Should have been resigned but glad he is back. As bad a T as he is, dude is that good a G. When the fat boys are happy, the rest of team typically has good reason to also be happy! 

I don't think we'll have much trouble with 3rd and 1s until the playoffs and it'll genuinely be running plays and the defenses we have left will have to completely sell out to stop them and the PA will be wide open. It was a good statement game for our Oline and Gibson.

Flowers is an absolute stud and I'm so glad he is back. Our line is fun to watch.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Koolblue13 said:

Honestly, I wasn't too mad at it during the game. I understood and we were doing well on first and second down. Plus it was wearing them out. I really think if we had fun JMC more he might have broke one. But I have a lot of ifs on this. Main thing is we won do it's not going to change much. I can do the same thing with the Denver and be Orleans and maybe even GB and LA games and get myself mad

• Like 1