Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official QB Thread- JD5 taken #2. Randal 2.0 or Bayou Bob? Mariotta and Fromm battle for QB2 and so begins the Handsome Harem for Hartman

Koolblue13

The trade back up for Paul appears in a few random mock drafts. I put no stock in those. I do agree that would not be the best move but again these are just random last minute mock drafts. Paul does seem to be rising on people boards though. Not sure why. There is always a player or two that start rising a couple days before the draft and for little to no reason. All of a sudden all the work and research done is thrown out the window for a last minute man crush. 

Just a few more hours!  I have not been this excited about the draft i na long time. In recent years I looked forward to it, but also was armed with the knowledge that whatever brain trust was in charge, the stink of owner past would **** it all up. But with this new regime we not only have competent people in the FO, the owner is not a complete nutcare POS. 

Maybe I disagree with who they take but at least I know they will have done thier due dilligence, and have poured over every bit of information available before coming to a team decision. 

Edited by goskins10
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, goskins10 said:

Msaybr I disagree with who they take but at least i know they will have done thier due dilligence, and have poured over every bit of information available before coming to a team decision. 

This much I’m confident in.

Some of our fans are so in the tank for one or the other, they are setting themselves up to be devastated.  Particularly those with the vitriol for Daniels, and the entirely fabricated narratives that the brain trust will take him as a ‘win now’ move where AP succumbs to the coaches wishes.

I prefer Maye and still not convinced of all the smoke around Daniels.  But if they do select Daniels, I believe it’s because they think he’s the best long term prospect, right or wrong.

Edited by BatteredFanSyndrome
  • Like 8

4 minutes ago, Koolblue13 said:

I bet the conversations between Kliff and Lynn are pretty incredible. DanQ is probably goofing off somewhere with the defensive coaches.

Yeah. I wonder what they are dreaming of right now. 🤔

• Haha 1

I had Maye as my #1 for months now, and had JJ packed away in the "No" box largely due Keims early tweets. But after reading this board in the past 24-48 hours I am starting to reconsider. Then a buddy called last night and he switched to JJ at #2 as well. McCarthy actually does have a strong arm and comes across as a likeable guy and a strong leader. His college ball didn't ask a lot from him, so it's natural to paint him into the "game manager" corner. And he did that well. But the counter argument is also that there is a lot we haven't him do. But there isn't much we have seen him fail at either. I like that we could put him in and only ask him to do a little and open the playbook as he progresses. Should we pick him at 2? Hell, I dunno. Some might call it a reach while others call it getting their guy. I could see us letting NE grab Maye in a trade and getting JJ at 3. I think JJ is gonna be APs Purdy. And I kinda like it!!

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, bowhunter said:

I had Maye as my #1 for months now, and had JJ packed away in the "No" box largely due Keims early tweets. But after reading this board in the past 24-48 hours I am starting to reconsider. Then a buddy called last night and he switched to JJ at #2 as well. McCarthy actually does have a strong arm and comes across as a likeable guy and a strong leader. His college ball didn't ask a lot from him, so it's natural to paint him into the "game manager" corner. And he did that well. But the counter argument is also that there is a lot we haven't him do. But there isn't much we have seen him fail at either. I like that we could put him in and only ask him to do a little and open the playbook as he progresses. Should we pick him at 2? Hell, I dunno. Some might call it a reach while others call it getting their guy. I could see us letting NE grab Maye in a trade and getting JJ at 3. I think JJ is gonna be APs Purdy. And I kinda like it!!

You don't take Brock Purdy #2 overall

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Trading down to #3 and getting draft picks + getting your QB would be wizardry and a great start for this front office. It's certainly a possibility.

If the guy is Daniels, and Maye is who the Patriots wants, then it should be an easy deal to execute, esp. since NE knows LV wants to come up for Daniels, meaning #2 could be available.

If Maye is the guy and Daniels is who the Pats want, even better. 

We'll see - the longer we go without certainty on the pick, the more the door is open for something crazy to go down.

Edited by JamesMadisonSkins
  • Like 3
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

Jayden Daniels on Get Up just said he hasn't gotten any assurances that tge Commanders will draft him.

In a situation where you have the 2nd pick, you know you’re not trading it, abd you're close t0 100% certain who the first pick is it wouldn't be out of tge ordinary on the morning of the draft to let the prospect or his agent know your intentions to select him as long as he keeps it confidential.

AP could be simply holding his cards close to the vest right up until he makes our selection (and that seems likely), or this could signal that we're still considering a trade or picking a different player at two.

Video at link below. I couldn't figure out how to inbed it...

https://www.espn.com/video/clip/_/id/40021902 via @ESPN App http://espn.com/app

Edited by CommanderInTheRye
  • Thanks 2

20 minutes ago, clskinsfan said:

Schrager on GMFB just now:

"Anyone who tells you they know who the Commanders are taking is a liar. If anyone would know it would be me. Because I am friends with Kliff Kingsbury and I dont think HE KNOWS WHO THEY ARE TAKING".

Heavy stuff from Schrager this morning. 

Exactly how business should be done! I like it!

• Like 6

Just now, JamesMadisonSkins said:

Trading down to #3 and getting draft picks + getting your QB would be wizardry and a great start for this front office. It's certainly a possibility.

If the guy is Daniels, and Maye is who the Patriots wants, then it should be an easy deal to execute, esp. since NE knows LV wants to come up for Daniels, meaning #2 could be available.

I agree. That’s still on the table for me.

If TRADE rolls along the bottom of the screen when we are on the clock it will be fun in here :rofl89:

• Haha 2

6 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

You do if the alternative is skinny Justin Fields. Or Alex Smith with sprinter speed if you want to be an optimist. 

Folks...

I'm feeling McCarthy is absolutely going to be our pick at two and you know what I love it.

Because you MUST have serious convictions that the kid is going to not just be a solid starter but an absolute superstar to draft him at two under these circumstances.

Go for it! This is gonna be a wild ride but I'm on it all the way!

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 1

5 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

Was that your takeaway?? To clarify. I don't have JJ and Purdy anywhere similar in talent or potential. I was referring to a situation where you can put a young QB in the game and not have the game be too big for him. Allow him to grow without having him be overwhelmed.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, JamesMadisonSkins said:

If Maye is the guy and Daniels is who the Pats want, even better. 

We'll see - the longer we go without certainty on the pick, the more the door is open for something crazy to go down.

There was talk yesterday of the Raiders trading up to 3. Then up to 2 for Daniels. They are basically willing to give away the future of their franchise for the guy. If they trade to 3 I say we let them give that future away. 

• Like 2
  • Thumb up 1

Just now, clskinsfan said:

There was talk yesterday of the Raiders trading up to 3. Then up to 2 for Daniels. They are basically willing to give away the future of their franchise for the guy. If they trade to 3 I say we let them give that future away. 

Oh for sure. Just not sure what will be left in their trade chest to swap #2 and #3, but that would be really fun.

• Like 1

Just now, clskinsfan said:

If we come out of this draft with 3 future 1rsts and a top 4 QB I'd be so freaking happy.

• Like 3
  • Thumb up 1

1 minute ago, JamesMadisonSkins said:

Oh for sure. Just not sure what will be left in their trade chest to swap #2 and #3, but that would be really fun.

Crosby or Adams + #3 to move up one slot?!

I might have to consider that 😂

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Est.1974 said:

I agree. That’s still on the table for me.

If TRADE rolls along the bottom of the screen when we are on the clock it will be fun in here :rofl89:

I will say this, if trade rolls across the bottom of the screen, then I know we are getting Jaden. I've felt all along that Maye will be taken at 2, weather by us, or NE.

Just now, JamesMadisonSkins said:

Picks and/or players would be my guess. I would trade down from 2 to 3 for Crosby or Adams......Just saying. 

• Like 1