Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official QB Thread- JD5 taken #2. Randal 2.0 or Bayou Bob? Mariotta and Fromm battle for QB2 and so begins the Handsome Harem for Hartman

Koolblue13

I’m fine with either Maye or Daniels, but man I’ll be pissed if we trade up to take Paul.  I’m not even sure where that rumor came from.  But after watching his brother wobble and jiggle all over the field and fail to make blocks, I’m out on the Paul brothers as a whole.

Edited by BatteredFanSyndrome
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Est.1974 said:

He also says that he wouldn’t assume that we are staying at #2

Assuming Greenberg has solid inside info this could mean a trade back, perhaps to 4 3 allowing the Patriots to select the popular presumptive second best qb in the draft, Daniels, while we take the qb we always wanted most-- either McCarthy or Maye.

Peters picks up additional draft capital for our rebuild/retool and we still get our guy.

Like it, as long as we know the qb we prefer will be there.

Edited by CommanderInTheRye
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Jayden will be an interesting, and unless the Giants/Cowboys/Eagles take him (so really only the Giants to worry about), a hopefully successful, experiment.

He imo represents the 2nd wave of dual threat QBs drafted highly post Jackson.

It's interesting bc 13 of the top 25 qb rushing seasons all time have happened since Jackson in 2018 and Jackson owns 6 of them himself.  Before him it's was a random guy having a big year here or there, with basically only Vick and Newton having big seasons.

I think in the 2011-2012 time frame the Newton/RGIII/Wilson crew was sort of a 2nd wave to Vick's 1st wave, but after RGIII was injured and Wilson was never THAT much of a rusher outside of 2014.  So it was just Newton.

But this go around you've got Jackson leading with a decent number of others sticking around.

Now we're far enough into Jackson's career that people are seeing that success, and that guys like Allen and Hurts can emulate it somewhat, and that's driving up draft stock for guys like Jayden.  He certainly earned a high spot because of his passing, but what separates, say, Penix and Daniels, in large part (not all) is Daniels' legs.

So now we will get to see if Jayden leads a finalization of the normalization of the dual threat QB.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, WashingtonRedWolves said:

Daniels lower than rattler is quite a take

Clear evidence of pure unemotional objectivity, and countless hours of laborious and precise scientific inspection of the analytics and the all 22 video right down to the smallest granular detail.

Edited by CommanderInTheRye
  • Like 1
  • Haha 5

4 hours ago, KDawg said:

My take has been well established, I think, but drafting Daniels and trading back up for Patrick Paul would make my draft night feel… not as happy as I’d like.

JD I’m “okay” with. His upside is fantastic. Can live with it even if I don’t outright love it. The potential is there.

But trading back up for Paul rubs me the wrong way. 

With you on the trade up K-Dawg, honestly i don’t want to trade up at all. I look at the wealth of picks and think Peters could really rebuild our roster with those picks, not give em away for a late first round tackle who may not be better than what we currently have. I say let the draft come to us and stockpile talent.  TBD.

• Like 5

40 minutes ago, CommanderInTheRye said:

Just added this to my overnight list of vids on the draft.

An obviously weary Hoffman and Logan Paulson after months of discussion and video review reveal their final pre-draft rankings. 

Best QBs

1. Caleb

2. JJ McCarthy!!!

3. Jayden Daniels

4. Drake Maye

Here’s why…

Not sure why, but the upside down comma in "Command's"  is totally driving me nuts.

Looking forward to watching the video though, so thanks for sharing.

• Thanks 1

The main saving grace I have drafting Daniels is that I know Lance Newmark and AP poured over every single detail and have an actual, multi-year plan in place for him. They didn't reach the conclusion on a capricious whim.

If this were Rivera/Snyder redux I'd be absolutely terrified. 

• Like 13
  • Thanks 2

1 minute ago, sinews said:

The main saving grace I have drafting Daniels is that I know Lance Newmark and AP poured over every single detail and have an actual, multi-year plan in place for him. They didn't reach the conclusion on a capricious whim.

If this were Rivera/Snyder redux I'd be absolutely terrified. 

This.  So much this.

• Like 3

I have on good authority that Maye will be the pick....It was the pick in my dream last night as it was very vivid, with the whole the pick is in, and in full colors and all. And Maye is going to to podium and getting his jersey and all. :) 

Edited by zCommander
  • Haha 2
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

5 minutes ago, zCommander said:

I have on good authority that Maye will be the pick....It was the pick in my dream last night as it was very vivid, with the whole the pick is in, and in full colors and all. And Maye is going to to podium and getting his jersey and all. :) 

Did Maye have pants on?

Don't answer that.

• Haha 6
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 2

18 minutes ago, Koolblue13 said:

Did Maye have pants on?

Don't answer that.

Now I am going to sit here and try to psychoanalysis you as to how you see things in real life 😂 

Edited by zCommander
  • Haha 1

41 minutes ago, CommanderInTheRye said:

Assuming Greenburg has solid inside info this could mean a trade back, perhaps to 4 allowing the Patriots to select the populart presumptive second best qb in the draft, Daniels while we take the qb we always wanted most-- either McCarthy or Maye-- allowing Peters to pick up additional draft capital for our rebuild/retool.

Like it, as long as we know our guy will be there.

If we trade back to 4, I'm assuming it's a 3 team shuffle with Arizona and Minnesota (maybe another QB needy team, but still someone that will take a QB).  If that's the case, then Minny/other picks 2nd QB and Patriots are picking the 3rd QB most likely and we're settling for the last of 4.  That would be bold unless they like all 3 really closely.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, CommDownMan said:

If we trade back to 4, I'm assuming it's a 3 team shuffle with Arizona and Minnesota (maybe another QB needy team, but still someone that will take a QB).  If that's the case, then Minny/other picks 2nd QB and Patriots are picking the 3rd QB most likely and we're settling for the last of 4.  That would be bold unless they like all 3 really closely.

That would take the team trading to 2 multiple trades to get to us. So you overpay to get to 4 and overpay us to get to 2. I guess if you love a certain quarterback what’s an extra first round pick.

10 minutes ago, zCommander said:

It wasn't that kind of dream and Maye is not a female lol 

*pulls out Freud couch, gestures for zCommander to sit*

And is Maye is a female in other dreams of yours?

• Haha 4

Schrager on GMFB just now:

"Anyone who tells you they know who the Commanders are taking is a liar. If anyone would know it would be me. Because I am friends with Kliff Kingsbury and I dont think HE KNOWS WHO THEY ARE TAKING".

Heavy stuff from Schrager this morning. 

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, CommDownMan said:

****, I made a serious senior error.

I wrote trade back to 4 while I meant trade back to 3-- so that we just have to worry about who the Pats pick.

If you hadn't responded, I wouldn't have noticed my blunder. Going to edit my post now.

Thanks!

Lol, now I'm imagining Kliff following GMAP around the facility going "Adam please I beg you tell me who we're taking.  PLEASE."  And Peters is like "nope, you'll find out on Christma-I mean draft day."  And Kliff is like "but Adam I need to uhhh, prep their practice and development plan, yeah," and Peters is like "now now you and I both know you'll have plenty of time to do that between draft day and when we start camp."

And Kliff storms off angry and pouting.

• Haha 5

13 minutes ago, DogofWar1 said:

*pulls out Freud couch, gestures for zCommander to sit*

And is Maye is a female in other dreams of yours?

Damnit you caught me before I changed my original post to make it seem like @Koolblue13 is the crazy one! 😠

Edited by zCommander
  • Haha 1