Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official QB Thread- JD5 taken #2. Randal 2.0 or Bayou Bob? Mariota and Fromm battle for QB2 and so begins the Handsome Harem for Hartman

Koolblue13

I can't support signing Trubisky if he's not playing, no way to know what we are paying for.  Rather get Winston as the stop gap veteran, waiting for combine to decide on if we should go after Corral, but prefer trading down for ammo in next draft in case we have to trade up.

Edited by Renegade7
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

I am good with a veteran and a rookie.  I like the idea of both.  I am not sure about @Koolblue13 and @KDawg push for Trubisky as that guy as for a reclamation.  😀

He wouldn't be my top QB if we are going for veteran QBs who are likely within our grasp but frankly I wouldn't care as long as they took one in the draft. 

I can't think of anyone of the possible FA QBs who would have remotely the upside of Trubisky.

2020 wasn't his best year, but he had 2 pretty good years for a young QB, without much around him. He has decent wheels and isn't a turnover machine. There is a lot of upside to Trubisky.

Not saying that he is the answer, but his arrow absolutely points up.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Koolblue13 said:

I'm firmly in the sign Trubynski (no trade needed)

Draft very high, even if it costs us next years first or trade this years first for ammo next year

Draft a later round guy and take a flyer on a post 7th rounder.

Mitch T is the best reclamation project out there. Start him. That takes pressure off a rookie and allows him to come along slowly.

• Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

7 minutes ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

What have we got to lose by trading for DeShaun Watson?

Draft picks and any tiny bit of respect we may have had.

The sexual assault team can not bring in the sexual assault QB.

Just now, Cooleyfan1993 said:

You’re actually wanting the eagles, a division rival, to trade for a top QB....? Explain that logic to me...

They have 3 top 15 picks. Possibly top 10.

They could come away with Harris, Willis and Hamilton and have 3 studs to build their team around for the next 10 years. 

I'd rather they add Watson now to a bad team and sell their future off, while we add Willis or whoever and build a future winner.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, NickyJ said:

The reason why people see so much upside in Mitchell Trubisky is because he's at rock bottom. When you see a rock at the bottom of a stream, the upside is the only part to see.

Not even close to why I see potential in Trubisky.

But potential does not mean I think he’s a franchise QB.

Watson wouldn't want to come here

18 minutes ago, NickyJ said:

The reason why people see so much upside in Mitchell Trubisky is because he's at rock bottom. When you see a rock at the bottom of a stream, the upside is the only part to see.

Trebisky is interesting because of Rivera's connection to the Bills coaches/FO. Their coaches did a great job developing Allen, so if Trebisky is getting that some kind of schooling he might be a much better player and I could see McDermott and co. giving Rivera the thumbs up.

• Like 1

I am shocked that anyone can look at Trubisky from any of the past 3 years and think there's something to build with their. There was a 50-50 chance he'd hit the water if he fell out of a boat. We wouldn't have to worry about Trusbisky getting receivers injured, they wouldn't even bother trying to catch a pass going 5 feet over their heads.

Donovan McNabb had worm burners. Trubisky had scorched earth. Mitchell Trubisky was Sam Darnold before Sam Darnold broke on the scene.

• Like 2

Rivera was asked his opinion on those reports and said he hopes they continue to come out, even though they aren't true.

"That's great. I hope everybody keeps reporting that," Rivera said. "Then everybody will think 'well, they don't need a franchise quarterback, so they won't worry about it in the draft.' ... There are [college] quarterbacks we like, there are quarterbacks in the NFL we like. Again, you have to go through this process."

In the 2021 NFL Draft, Washington had the chance to move up in the first round and select a quarterback. But while Rivera and his staff were high on a few of the draft class' top quarterbacks, the head coach ultimately felt they couldn't mortgage the team's future by parting with assets and future draft capital to move up.

"When we were looking at the draft last year, there were a couple of guys we really liked and people wanted us to mortgage the future. We just felt we couldn't do it at this point.

7 minutes ago, NickyJ said:

I am shocked that anyone can look at Trubisky from any of the past 3 years and think there's something to build with their. There was a 50-50 chance he'd hit the water if he fell out of a boat. We wouldn't have to worry about Trusbisky getting receivers injured, they wouldn't even bother trying to catch a pass going 5 feet over their heads.

Donovan McNabb had worm burners. Trubisky had scorched earth. Mitchell Trubisky was Sam Darnold before Sam Darnold broke on the scene.

Its a helluva assumption that he's getting better because of a coaching staff or who he's playing behind.  Jimmy G anyone?

2 hours ago, Koolblue13 said:

I can't think of anyone of the possible FA QBs who would have remotely the upside of Trubisky.

2020 wasn't his best year, but he had 2 pretty good years for a young QB, without much around him. He has decent wheels and isn't a turnover machine. There is a lot of upside to Trubisky.

Not saying that he is the answer, but his arrow absolutely points up.

I'd go Mariota over Trubsiky.  4.48-4.52 speed is borderline special.  It's not that I love Mariota, i don't.  injuries is my top concern with him but got other concerns too.  Between Bridgewater, Mariota and Trubsiky.  Trubisky would be #3 for me.  But don't love any of those 3. But wouldn't hate rolling the dice on any of them as long as a rookie is drafted, too. 

Unlike most people here, I don't hate the idea of Matt Ryan but only on this condition: They get him for a 3rd rounder or less AND they use a first rounder for a rookie.   I don't see that as hedging bets.  I see that as giving that rookie some time to develop.  i think Ryan is easily better than those 3 QBs. 

Judigng by posts about our players and other teams players, I don't think much of our fan base has the patience to groom a rookie QB -- fans will be fans, and that's fine but I tend to associate Dan Snyder's mindset to be similar.  In other words, I got doubts he can take another down season with a rookie at the helm. 

https://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/bears/ct-chicago-bears-mitch-trubisky-farewell-ryan-pace-20210312-aj4e2afuv5f4tdftpvh2qhsuju-story.html 

In only 21 of his 52 starts did Trubisky propel the Bears offense to three touchdowns or more. Of the eight occurrences when Trubisky helped the offense reach 30 points, five came against teams that finished the season with at least 10 losses.

In 19 starts made against teams that made the playoffs, the Bears went 5-14.

Trubisky’s unraveling didn’t come because he didn’t work hard enough or because he was too egocentric or wasn’t smart enough. At the NFL level, playing quarterback at a high level on a consistent basis is just really damn hard. And Trubisky is the latest Bears quarterback to provide evidence to that argument.

His ability to process opposing defenses just wasn’t consistent enough. His instincts just weren’t sharp enough. His playmaking prowess just wasn’t anywhere near exceptional enough.

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Like 2

16 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

I'd go Mariota over Trubsiky.  4.48-4.52 speed is borderline special.  It's not that I love Mariota, i don't.  injuries is my top concern with him but got other concerns too.  Between Bridgewater, Mariota and Trubsiky.  Trubisky would be #3 for me.  But don't love any of those 3. But wouldn't hate rolling the dice on any of them as long as a rookie is drafted, too. 

Unlike most people here, I don't hate the idea of Matt Ryan but only on this condition: They get him for a 3rd rounder or less AND they use a first rounder for a rookie.   I don't see that as hedging bets.  I see that as giving that rookie some time to develop.  i think Ryan is easily better than those 3 QBs. 

Judigng by posts about our players and other teams players, I don't think much of our fan base has the patience to groom a rookie QB -- fans will be fans, and that's fine but I tend to associate Dan Snyder's mindset to be similar.  In other words, I got doubts he can take another down season with a rookie at the helm. 

https://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/bears/ct-chicago-bears-mitch-trubisky-farewell-ryan-pace-20210312-aj4e2afuv5f4tdftpvh2qhsuju-story.html 

In only 21 of his 52 starts did Trubisky propel the Bears offense to three touchdowns or more. Of the eight occurrences when Trubisky helped the offense reach 30 points, five came against teams that finished the season with at least 10 losses.

In 19 starts made against teams that made the playoffs, the Bears went 5-14.

Trubisky’s unraveling didn’t come because he didn’t work hard enough or because he was too egocentric or wasn’t smart enough. At the NFL level, playing quarterback at a high level on a consistent basis is just really damn hard. And Trubisky is the latest Bears quarterback to provide evidence to that argument.

His ability to process opposing defenses just wasn’t consistent enough. His instincts just weren’t sharp enough. His playmaking prowess just wasn’t anywhere near exceptional enough.

I'm open to Mariotta also, but not Bridgewater. I was high on Winston last year, but this season has erased that.

The 3rd for Ryan could be used to move up in the draft. We also have too many other needs to give up a 2nd day pick for an old QB.

Unless someone like Carr becomes available, but it's doubtful.

I'd rather pick up Flacco or Tyrod than trade for Ryan honestly, but at that point might as well go for Rypien, Rosen or keep Kyle Allen around.

So, right now, I'm saying Trubisky or Mariotta in FA and be aggressive in the first round of the draft or punt until next year and try and get more picks, but getting aggressive this season at QB give Ron a couple years to pull it together.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

You’re actually wanting the eagles, a division rival, to trade for a top QB....? Explain that logic to me...

Agree. I don’t want Watson going to the Eagles either. 

51 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Rivera quote.....

"When we were looking at the draft last year, there were a couple of guys we really liked and people wanted us to mortgage the future. We just felt we couldn't do it at this point.

“at this point” in reference to 2021......pretty much opening the book to possibly mortgage the future this offseason for the right target....either draft or vet.

seems clear QB is the priority and the past few weeks may have tipped the scales in favour of having to go all in.

1 hour ago, NickyJ said:

I don’t think there’s anything to build with from any of the higher profile free agent quarterbacks. 

1 hour ago, Koolblue13 said:

I'm open to Mariotta also, but not Bridgewater. I was high on Winston last year, but this season has erased that.

The 3rd for Ryan could be used to move up in the draft. We also have too many other needs to give up a 2nd day pick for an old QB.

Unless someone like Carr becomes available, but it's doubtful.

I'd rather pick up Flacco or Tyrod than trade for Ryan honestly, but at that point might as well go for Rypien, Rosen or keep Kyle Allen around.

So, right now, I'm saying Trubisky or Mariotta in FA and be aggressive in the first round of the draft or punt until next year and try and get more picks, but getting aggressive this season at QB give Ron a couple years to pull it together.

Falcons have been winning and I don’t think they will be drafting in the top 10. I think they hold on to Ryan

• Like 1

Daniel Jones is a guy I’d go after but NYG would never trade him here. Besides the game against the Rams in which he was probably still concussed, he has cut down quite a bit on his turnover problem. I wonder how he’d look behind this OL acknowledging his weapons would be slightly worse here