Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official QB Thread- JD5 taken #2. Randall 2.0 or Bayou Bob? Mariotta and Hartman forever. Fromm cut

Koolblue13

7 minutes ago, ST_DaGoat21 said:

Lol yeah highlights bc in those highlights you can clearly see Nabers and especially Thomas Jr.  running with 5+ yards of separation past the nearest defender or coming down with a 50-50

balls, or taking a underthown ball to the house.  Sure there a couple nice passes, but im personally way more impressed with the WRs.  

I guarantee you Tez or any other UNC wr don’t have highlight reels like those two or Lacey!

Nobody is arguing that Nabers and Thomas aren't good WRs. They also played in a much tougher conference against tougher competition and tougher defenses.

Are you aware that Josh Downs had nearly 800 yards receiving as a rookie for the Colts and more receptions than even Marvin Harrison had his first year as a Colt? Maybe he was the main reason Maye had a good 2022?  If we're doing this whole "the WR made the QB " thing, lets not forget to talk about Downs and how Maye's production tanked when he lost him. 

Edited by ThatNFLChick

7 minutes ago, ThatNFLChick said:

Nobody is arguing that Nabers and Thomas aren't good WRs. They also played in a much tougher conference against tougher competition and tougher defenses.

Are you aware that Josh Downs had nearly 800 yards receiving as a rookie for the Colts and more receptions than even Marvin Harrison had his first year as a Colt? Maybe he was the main reason Maye had a good 2022?  If we're doing this whole "the WR made the QB " thing, lets not forget to talk about Downs and how Maye's production tanked when he lost him. 

That’s kinda my point.  They were going up against good defensive talent and still dominating them.  

I 100% agree that Josh Downs helped Maye out tremendously and showed what he is capable of with decent talent around him.  I also don’t think Downs is anywhere near the talent that Nabers and Thomas Jr.  are.  My dream draft is Maye at 2 and trade back into the late first if Thomas Jr falls to grab him.  

10 minutes ago, ST_DaGoat21 said:

That’s kinda my point.  They were going up against good defensive talent and still dominating them.  

I 100% agree that Josh Downs helped Maye out tremendously and showed what he is capable of with decent talent around him.  I also don’t think Downs is anywhere near the talent that Nabers and Thomas Jr.  are.  My dream draft is Maye at 2 and trade back into the late first if Thomas Jr falls to grab him.  

LOL and you don't think the QB had anything to do with that huh? Alright. 

Also why do you need Nabers or Thomas when you didn't even play ranked teams? Nevermind.

Some Caleb Williams stuff...

5 minutes ago, HTTRDynasty said:

Mel is finally wising up. He’s been saying they’d get a 1 for Fields for the last few weeks, now it’s suddenly a 2 and 4.

Maybe he’s finally gotten some real intel, or he just realized how ridiculous he sounded. 

Ok here's the thing, if you are the Falcons, do you believe that Fields upgrades your offense more than a rookie QB? It would really depend on what Morris thinks he would have to give up to trade and who would be avaible. 

I don't imagine that moving from #8 to #3 would be that expensive. I'd probably do that over getting Fields and then having to pay him next year. Give me the rookie contract instead. 

Edited by ThatNFLChick

The next

It can change but next years crop in theory right now looks meh.  We should thank our lucky stars for a change that we are in position to exploit a good QB crop and go for a rare potential get out of jail free card at QB -- versus handing that get out of jail card to another team stuck in QB purgatory.

I know some say lets see how it goes status quo at QB or with more of a flier type in the draft and if it doesn't go well lets trade the farm for a QB in the 2025 draft.  For whom?    And regardless how do we know that said team will just trade with us just because we are ready now for our QB?   This stuff doesn't go down in a vacuum.    Other teams don't function to serve this team.

As for waiting for a QB in the draft that all fans and draft geeks agree on.  It's not going to happen ever.  It's not happening next year either where lets say every fan here and every mock drafter all agree that Carson Beck or name that prospect is flawless.  For starters none of them of course are flawless.  And I can't recall a college QB that got across the board love from every corner.  

• Like 3

Also from the way Raheem described what the Falcons are looking for, I don't think they will be taking Fields. Fields is many things but he might be the slowest processor in the NFL and still has issues with his fundamentals (base/mechanics/throwing motion)

2 hours ago, ST_DaGoat21 said:

Yeah that Clemson team was also littered with 5 ️ recruits and first round/second draft picks.  Seeing as how bad Tez Walker looked at the Senior Bowl, there might not be another Tarheel drafted until round 3.  

You scoffed at Maye’s stats this year, but he also had an insane redshirt freshman year with 4,321 yards, 38 TDs and 7 ints.  And it’s not like he was surrounded with 2 1st round WRs then either.  Those stats as a RS Freshman are waaaayyy more impressive to me than Daniels’ RS Seniors stats regardless of the conference!

I did mention that his 2022 stats were impressive. It boils down to who fits your vision the best and I'm not saying Maye isn't good. Finally, I don't think you ignore the conference eval. From what I heard, his games against Bama this year weren't the best. 

Downs was one of my favs in last years draft.  He went in the mid third round of the draft.

Nabers is going top 10.  Thomas is going late first or early 2nd probaby.  I bet Lacy goes first. 

Downs gave Drake a real weapon.  He arguably isn't as good as any of the LSU trio though.  But even if he were, he's just one dude, not three.   But yeah i don't think it was coincidence that Maye had a better season by a good margin the season before.  That and also he was in Longo's offense which he was used to back then.  Changed coordinators last year.

Agree, we can't kill Jayden for having three stud WRs, he still needed to get them the ball.  But for me the point is more about Maye than it is Daniels.  if you watch Maye closely you can see it was all in him.  He had crap around him.

Screen Shot 2024-02-10 at 6.13.32 PM.png

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Like 2

48 minutes ago, HTTRDynasty said:

Let this end the "he's one read and run" and "he can't throw to the middle of the field" stuff. It won't end but lol..

JT of the QB school did a breakdown on his Patreon of his game against Florida and said Daniels had some of the cleanest mechanics you'll see from a college QB. You can really tell that here - no heel clicks, not on his tip toes, always throwing from a solid base, tight throwing motion (no crazy wind up)

• Like 2
  • Thumb up 2
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

11 minutes ago, ThatNFLChick said:

Let this end the "he's one read and run" and "he can't throw to the middle of the field" stuff. It won't end but lol..

JT of the QB school did a breakdown on his Patreon of his game against Florida and said Daniels had some of the cleanest mechanics you'll see from a college QB. You can really tell that here - no heel clicks, not on his tip toes, always throwing from a solid base, tight throwing motion (no crazy wind up)

It’s crazy because if you watch it, it’s literally one or two cut ups in each game. Similar to you fighting people who throw the same 4-5 clips of him getting mauled, it doesn’t prove anything and doesn’t end the one read and run debate. However, it is nice seeing him go through his reads and doing it pretty quickly too.

Edited by mh86
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, HTTRDynasty said:

Maye is such a large human.

Drake looks like the same height as Jordan Love, maybe a tad taller since he's sort of leaning over to the side in the pic.

Love's combine height measurement was 6' 3 6/8", so Maye is a pretty safe bet to be 6' 4".

Big boy, too. Love's combine weight was 224. Maye will prob clock in around 230-ish.

I like that for a guy who can also move at around a 4.6-ish 40 pace.

• Like 3
  • Thumb up 1

I get so tired of reading that jayden daniels is a one read and run qb, while the same people knock him for throwing to wide open receivers. Do you guys really think his 1st read is running wide open down the field all game?

3 hours ago, ThatNFLChick said:

You posted a clip where he saved a bad snap, didn't panic, scores a TD and was fine lol?

You are missing the point. He could have literally laid down in the endzone and not been touched. He cannot protect himself. And as far as the "missed a few plays in a few games" thing goes. The hits he took on college at the NFL level are season enders. 

3 hours ago, Est.1974 said:

Don’t really get the massive negative hate on Fields.

Bro. Watch any other game than the one against our sieve of a defense. Plus the guy cannot stay healthy. 

1 hour ago, HTTRDynasty said:

Pull some deep outs to the opposite hash for us....We will wait.....For forever. I have watched hours at this point. And I think I saw 2 or 3 on his entire tape. I can sit here and post dead ducks from him all night. His are is average at best. 

3 hours ago, HTTRDynasty said:

Sometimes a year out is predictable.  Sometimes it’s not.  

Nobody saw Joe Burrow as a top pick going into 2020, it was all “tank for Tua.”  

And Howell was a possible #1 overall and top 10 pick with other QBs in the area going into 2022, and that fell apart.

Predicting the current draft is hard enough.  Predicting next years is damn near impossible.  Even for the experts.  

19 minutes ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

And Howell was a possible #1 overall and top 10 pick with other QBs in the area going into 2022, and that fell apart.

Predicting the current draft is hard enough.  Predicting next years is damn near impossible.  Even for the experts.  

The fact that Howell was ever considered a #1 overall is absolutely nuts. I'm sorry.  That air raid was fooling the hell out of folks. I don't hate Sam and I think he can be a good backup in the league but going from a possible #1 to a 5th rounder in an atrocious QB class is def an indictment on those who ever talked about him as a first rounder. 

Edited by ThatNFLChick
  • Like 2
  • Thumb down 1

22 minutes ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

It's usually fairly predictive.  It's possible that some dude comes out of the blue but its rare for multiple players to come out of the blue at QB.

I don't think teams are nervous about getting their guy this year because they are dumb.   Yes things happen at out of nowhere.  But typically things don't change radically. 

Just now, Skinsinparadise said:

It's usually fairly predictive.  It's possible that some dude comes out of the blue but its rare for multiple players to come out of the blue at QB.

Yeah.  I disagree. I had this fight with Zim.  The current draft is hard enough to predict.  A year out? Impossible.  Sure you can have a feeling.  But that’s about all it is.  You can’t make decisions based on that feeling.  

5 minutes ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

Yeah.  I disagree. I had this fight with Zim.  The current draft is hard enough to predict.  A year out? Impossible.  Sure you can have a feeling.  But that’s about all it is.  You can’t make decisions based on that feeling.  

:ols: this again.  :ols:

• Haha 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

7 minutes ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

I know just like the schedule.  We just think the Bills are better than Cardinals but 50-50 chance it could be the opposite.  I recall your takes that we don't know anything.  And everything can be the opposite of what we expect.

If you said instead, 25% will change, 75% will likely be similar to last year, you'd have me nodding.  But you are a radical on the idea that everything is entirely different than what we expect.  We had epic debates on that.  I know you have with @Koolblue13 too on the same subject.  

But as a dude that has lived and died with every draft, yes there are surprises but generally its rarely been crazy.  yes a Kyler Murray or a Joe Burrow can emerge out of nowhere.  But its rare that multiple Joe Burrows emerge.

• Like 2