Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official QB Thread- JD5 taken #2. Randall 2.0 or Bayou Bob? Mariotta and Hartman forever. Fromm cut

Koolblue13

29 minutes ago, CommanderInTheRye said:

Hey, I just realized we got somebody in house that just might have insight into that exact circumstance.

Paging @Skinsinparadise what is your take, as a sprinter, on how and to what degree Jayden's apparent quick weight gain will have on his speed, quickness, agility and evasivenesd?

I don't think so.

Short speed is mostly static.  You got it or you don't.  You can train yourself to be a better long distance runner.  But you can't really do that much to improve or kill short speed.  Don't get me wrong if you let yourself go completely I am sure it would effect it.  But I've not tested that. :ols:

I've put some weight on here and there, nothing crazy, but I've been in better shape at certain times than others.  It effects my distance running but not really my sprinting ability.

The biggest impact on speed is typically age.   Post 30 most lose a little speed.   So for Daniels he's likely going to be at his peak for the next 6-7 years on that front and then will start to slide.  

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

4 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

I didn't mean it that literally but he clearly didn't keep it in house.  Days before the draft we heard he likely is the guy.  We talked about it on the draft thread at the time.   In an article that came out later, the Patriots said that they knew Washington would likely take Forbes.

Heck on draft day, as it was unfolding I among others said on that days draft thread, they got to take Gonzalez, not Fobres now.

But yeah in short, them really really liking Forbes was in play and discussed before that draft.

I think that's starting to sound familiar to me, I must have blocked it out. Ugggh, well that crapitude brought us to this new staff...so here's to hoping!

• Like 1

Just now, Always A Commander Never A Captain said:

I think that's starting to sound familiar to me, I must have blocked it out. Ugggh, well that crapitude brought us to this new staff...so here's to hoping!

Yeah it was hard for me to forget because I was incredulous at first because so much talk that he was a 2nd rounder leading up to it. 

10 minutes ago, Always A Commander Never A Captain said:

Oh man, the Ringer draft guide charts and numbers are beauties, I was looking for these stats!

The Ringer NFL guys are the worst.

Durant lableling them "blogger boys" was the best.

They all look ten.

They are all arrogant as can be.

They find stats to support whatever narrative they want to support, yet they have no idea what a team is calling and why. 

Lots of hot takes with almost never go back and look at when they were wrong.

For example, Solak LOVED Fields and Levis. 

He also said he "literally never had a QB chart under 40 percent on stand and deliver other than Daniels."

A simple google search shows last year he had under 40 percent for Young and Richardson.

https://www.instagram.com/ringer/p/CrOrm-IJ6cr/

Edited by Hooper
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

4 minutes ago, redskinss said:

I totally agree, I'm not saying you can't have thick legs and run well, pretty much every running back in the league has thick legs, Barkley has tree trunks.

All I'm saying is it would have been nice if jayden had confirmed he still had his speed with his bulkier legs but now we're left to wonder.

I think for the faster QBs these days they seem to prefer the mystery.  Maye didn't run either.  Neither did McCarthy.

His thighs don't look crazy thick to my eyes.  I doubt it would make him slower.  And even if it did a tad, I'd rather his thighs look like that. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, CommanderInTheRye said:

So I'm sure Peters and Pioli have had in depth man to man, tell me the real deal unfiltered, discussions on Jayden.

That's good to know.

Thanks.

Pioli was one of the best talent evaluators during his time with the Pats, although I think Bellichick had final say on personnel.

Fun fact, he married Bill Parcells daughter lol.

I'd venture a guess that Pioli is on speed dial for MANY current GM's and personnel teams across the NFL, not just Peters. 

This is the side of the NFL that interests me the most: what does Peters REALLY think about these prospects that we argue about endlessly... We'll never know 😂

• Thumb up 1

1 minute ago, Hooper said:

They all look ten.

They find stats to support whatever narrative they want to support, yet they have no idea what a team is calling and why. 

Interesting.   I've paid no attention to them over the years.

• Haha 1
  • Thumb up 1

1 minute ago, Hooper said:

They all look ten.

Yeah, there are lies, damned lies, and statistics.

At least if we have the same stats, we can form our own narratives.

• Thumb up 1

1 minute ago, illone said:

This is the side of the NFL that interests me the most: what does Peters REALLY think about these prospects that we argue about endlessly... We'll never know 😂

I wonder what we would do with the knowledge. 

There for sure would be a section of us that would take his advice and thoughts to heart and adjust. And there is just as assuredly going to be those who disagree with him and stay fast in whatever it is they already believe. And more still, there will be people who disagree with him just to be contrary. 

Actually, we would be the same ****ing board with or without his input. Probably more extreme. Smh thats depressing lolol 

2 minutes ago, Always A Commander Never A Captain said:

Yeah, there are lies, damned lies, and statistics.

At least if we have the same stats, we can form our own narratives.

the stats ARE the lies!!! 

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Llevron said:

I wonder what we would do with the knowledge. 

There for sure would be a section of us that would take his advice and thoughts to heart and adjust. And there is just as assuredly going to be those who disagree with him and stay fast in whatever it is they already believe. And more still, there will be people who disagree with him just to be contrary. 

Actually, we would be the same ****ing board with or without his input. Probably more extreme. Smh thats depressing lolol 

Yea, it's more a curiosity thing. I mean we can use some process of elimination when the pick is made, but even that doesn't tell the whole story.

I know exactly what we would do with the knowledge:  argue about it endlessly.  Definitely MOAR extreme lol

I think in Peters case even though he was with several other teams, he wasn't the guy with final say in those rooms so it's like a blank canvas that will get some color on it for the first time since now the buck stops with him. I made a joke about this a few hundred pages back about how this team might settle disputes on who to draft, and someone rightly responded with a picture of Peters as the ONLY person making the final decision. I kinda think this SHOULD be the case even though by all accounts communication internally seems to be extremely healthy so far. 

Either way, would certainly be fun to be a fly on the wall of those discussions. Maybe one day the NFL will have a show about front office stuff 😎

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, Dah-Dee said:

Huh. Thought the Maye number would be a lot higher, especially given all the chatter about how his receivers couldn't run routes or separate.

No no. Wrong. Impossible. Jayden with less open receivers than Maye? Defies all logic. Not with those receivers and oline that makes no sense. Its almost like someone has been telling you that his pressures and sacks could be related to the defensive coverages and blitz packages he was throwing into which where much more complex in the SEC than whatever the **** junior varsity UNC finds themselves in. Fake. 

For fun though....

9 minutes ago, illone said:

Either way, would certainly be fun to be a fly on the wall of those discussions. Maybe one day the NFL will have a show about front office stuff 😎

The (Front) Office would be an excellent show. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

God I hate analysis like this.

Nobody gives a F who the best college player is. Its about who projects to be the best in the NFL.

This is why teams draft busts and the media is full of idiots.

• Like 3

Just now, Est.1974 said:

Of course you do, wrong QB :ols:

Listing college stats/accomplishments is worth nothing to me. None of it translates to the NFL.

Its like saying "HES A WINNER" or "HE HAS MOXIE." I immediately throw that argument into the trash.

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Warhead36 said:

The thing is, I don't think its possible for them to be identical(assuming we're talking Maye and Daniels here). They're both so different as prospects. Like, I could see Maye and McCarthy possibly having very similar grades. Or Penix and Daniels. But Maye and Daniels are just so different. If you love one its likely you probably hate the other.

Eh, Maye-be. :P 

I dunno.  I like both. Don’t hate either.  If I was an OC I’d just know I had to tailor an offense to whichever one I got.  

56 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Interesting.   I've paid no attention to them over the years.

Don't start now.  

10 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

God I hate analysis like this.

Nobody gives a F who the best college player is. Its about who projects to be the best in the NFL.

This is why teams draft busts and the media is full of idiots.

You think there is a GM out there drafting players cause 'they were the best'?