Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official QB Thread- JD5 taken #2. Randall 2.0 or Bayou Bob? Mariotta and Hartman forever. Fromm cut

Koolblue13

45 minutes ago, The Consigliere said:

And lets be fair to Lance. Lance isn't Zach Wilson: Obvious talentless idiot, and even cancer. Trey Lance injured his hand in '21 which screwed up his throwing motion and caused him to largely miss the season, and then he fractured his ankle in the second start of his career in early '22, and then Purdy took the job from him while he was rehabbing. We don't know what Lance could be because he never had a chance. He lost '21 to injury and lost the starting gig to a guy who guided the team to a conference title game in '22. When people talk about Trey Lance as a bust, they're speaking factually in terms of what he's turned his status as a top 3 draft pick into a backup role so far in his career, he is a bust in terms of value return, otoh, he's not a bust in the same way Trubisky, Rosen, and Zach Wilson were. We simply don't know what the hell Lance could be because he got hurt, repeatedly and the injuries wiped out his opportunities until he fell behind two QB's who ranked habitually inside the top 10 in the league, no chance he's taking their jobs, so he's a bust, despite never really thrown a ball for even a month as a starter. 

The only caveat I'd add is that Lance, when he was healthy, before injury, looked pretty erratic, period, in terms of accuracy. Strong armed, yes, athletic yes, ideal frame yes, but not accurate. He was unusually inaccurate for the 2020's. So maybe he was gonna bust anyway, but we'll never know for sure, unless he gets a gig as a starter and fails in the way Zach Wilson did. 

I could see the cowboys letting dak walk this year and giving lance a shot to lead them, which will be very interesting to see

2 minutes ago, WashingtonRedWolves said:

I could see the cowboys letting dak walk this year and giving lance a shot to lead them, which will be very interesting to see

Everyone here would approve of this.

Edited by SkinsFTW
  • Thumb up 1

51 minutes ago, illone said:

Drake is the least accomplished guy in the room. Daniels can flash the Heisman pose and JJ will bling everyone in the eye with the Naty ring.

Just sayin... 😂

Drake Maye has made more NIL money than anyone in that room. Only person in this draft to make more is Caleb. Getting paid the most to play a game is probably the most accomplished not the least. 

50 minutes ago, The Consigliere said:

Sounds like JJ is the most extroverted, social, and comfortable under media lights, Maye is close, and the sense I get is Jayden is not, at all. 

In fairness to Jayden, if he's really ----ing good at the next level, nobody's gonna care much that he's shy and soft spoken, they'll listen a la Art Monk, and follow. 

JJ strikes me very adultish which is good and bad from my experience recalling my college days -- not everyone wants to hang out with people who are uber mature.

Maye strikes me of having some immature college kid in him -- immature in a good way meaning he comes off like a kid but with maturity when needed.  And he razzes others I've noticed.  Maye strikes me more of a the life of a college party whereas McCarthy more of a the type that parents when their daughter to date them.

Daniels is a bit shy but has some coolness to him too. 

• Like 1

I like JJ a lot. I don’t see anything that would limit his ceiling compared to the other top guys, and I think his floor is quite a bit higher than Maye. But until recently I really saw this as a 2 horse race, but the closer we get, the more viable he is becoming I believe. You’re even starting to hear Kiem mentioning him more as a possibility, where as a couple weeks ago Kiem stated he highly doubted JJ would be the pick at 2. He hasn’t backtracked on that statement per se, but he isn’t saying it anymore, at least I haven’t heard him say it recently. I think JJ will impress at his top 30 visit

32 minutes ago, CapsSkins said:

Can I just say without anyone getting mad...

... that it gives me some comfort that Josh Harris will be present for the visits and can hopefully add his $0.02 to help make sure our subject matter experts in Peters and Quinn don't out-think themselves?

<runs and hides>

Agree.  If people want to get angry because they are fearful this team doesn't pick their Qb -- its cool.  I think its not needed because Maye can perfectly be the pick.

But I got no issue with how deep they are going into this process.  At a minimum they are the opposite of knee jerk emotional Dan.  And i love the contrast to that.

giphy.gif

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Like 5

12 minutes ago, skinsfan66 said:

Sometimes the quiet guy is the hardest worker and the Mouth guy is just that from what I have seen over the years.

I think in the end, if you're damn good, and not a cancer a la Jeff George, you can be any style, but it starts to be a problem if you're not damn good, or you are a cancer. Overly simplistic I know, but I think every personality model can work for the most part, given the right talent level. 

I honestly think it's still Maye vs. Daniels at #2; and McCarthy and Penix are visiting just to cover all the bases in case the Commanders get a desperate last-minute bonanza of an offer and decide to trade back (maybe to 5, for JJ; or a little more, for Penix).

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, skinsfan66 said:

Sometimes the quiet guy is the hardest worker and the Mouth guy is just that from what I have seen over the years.

And sometimes the quiet guy is a serial killer.

• Haha 3

2 minutes ago, The Consigliere said:

I think in the end, if you're damn good, and not a cancer a la Jeff George, you can be any style, but it starts to be a problem if you're not damn good, or you are a cancer. Overly simplistic I know, but I think every personality model can work for the most part, given the right talent level. 

I think Jay Cutler is an even better example of this. Jeff George, people really hated. I don't think his team hated Jay in the same way but they just couldn't respond to him. Cutler was a good player, but he was never great and it wasn't just about his statistics.

Here's Devin Hester telling Shannon Sharpe that Jay Cutler had the arm, the athletic ability, the mind for the game.  But he wasn't a leader, couldn't do what leaders do etc.  To underestimate leadership or attitude is a team's detriment. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Sacks 'n' Stuff said:

Drake Maye is a pretty good boat captain.

Jayden Daniels is a pretty good captain win it’s sunny with calm seas.

JJ McCarthy is a cabin boy.

image.png.1fbefb0406773c4e619bf3aee7f48a4f.png

Drake about to get off the USS NC

Edited by DiscoBob
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, WashingtonRedWolves said:

Well I don't know about you but I wouldn't be rushing to make dak the highest paid QB in the league

I agree with you there. I wouldn’t cut him for Trey Lance though and I can 100% guarantee you that Jerry Jones isn’t going to.

Edited by Sacks 'n' Stuff

I'm just gonna come out and say it.

I don't like JJ McCarthy's hair.

I'm not quite sure what it is about it.  Maybe it's just his face more generally.  But something about his hair annoys me.

• Haha 6

13 minutes ago, SoCalSkins said:

Drake Maye has made more NIL money than anyone in that room. Only person in this draft to make more is Caleb. Getting paid the most to play a game is probably the most accomplished not the least. 

That's a fair angle I hadn't considered, but I don't think money equates to football accomplishments. 

Just now, DogofWar1 said:

I'm not quite sure what it is about it.  Maybe it's just his face more generally.  But something about his hair annoys me.

FR FR! NO CAP. ON GOD! (he has a bit of the Zoomer broccoli cut).

• Like 1

Just now, Ghost of said:

FR FR! NO CAP. ON GOD! (he has a bit of the Zoomer broccoli cut).

That's probably it.

Like it's just all up there floppin about.

You look at Drake's hair, it's ordered.  There's even a part in some pictures.

JD's is symmetrical.

JJ's is just kinda chaos up top.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, illone said:

That's a fair angle I hadn't considered, but I don't think money equates to football accomplishments. 

Probably not. I mean could you imagine Tebow with NIL going on?

3 minutes ago, DogofWar1 said:

Don't talk about Rudy like that!

Sean Astin spills secrets of underdog classic 'Rudy'

• Haha 3

Just now, illone said:

It’s a peeing contest between 20 year olds about who will get drafted highest to get the most money. Accomplishments on the field tend to be team driven. NIL money is a lot more of an individual accomplishment.