Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official QB Thread- JD5 taken #2. Randall 2.0 or Bayou Bob? Mariotta and Hartman forever. Fromm cut

Koolblue13

As has been mentioned re:Schefter before in this thread, he's got contacts but a lot of them are agents.

On the tier list of source accuracy agents are wayyyy at the bottom.

Not saying there's no value in his assessment, but if he's hearing from Jayden's agent that WAS loves Jayden, and Drake's agent is staying quiet, that may give a false impression.

Just now, Warhead36 said:

Nobody from our side is leaking anything, so any slight lean is just reporting what other teams think we do(or want us to do).

Given Schefter and Keim's collective reputations and sources, is that truly the only reasonable conclusion you could logically make?

Sometimes what we want to happen influences our ability to objectively evaluate the world.

Not saying that's the case in this particular instance just offering a point of caution-- one that applies equally to myself and therefore this post.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, CommanderInTheRye said:

Given Schefter and Keim's collective reputations and sources, is that truly the only reasonable conclusion you could logically make?

Sometimes what we want to happen influences our ability to objectively evaluate the world.

Not saying that's the case in this particular instance just offering a point of caution-- one that applies equally to myself and therefore this post.

Keim himself has even admitted he doesn't know and is just speculating based on what other teams coaches have said. 

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, CommanderInTheRye said:

Yes, none of these guys are actually getting inside info from people who are par of the decision process for this team. They've admitted it.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, CommanderInTheRye said:

I'll take a case of the crabs!

Ccimage.png.685036fac650e0c12ca76f27dbfcb2a9.png

ggimage.thumb.png.9ec29de95b24b8969f04deb01a80e3f5.png

Are you sure you don’t mean syphilis? Advanced stages cause neurological symptoms which would explain some of the posts. Just saying. 😂 

• Haha 1
  • Thumb up 1

1 minute ago, Warhead36 said:

Keim himself has even admitted he doesn't know and is just speculating based on what other teams coaches have said. 

So I can assume that you are indeed convinced that the only reasonable conclusion you can make from the existing facts is that, "any slight lean is just reporting what other teams think we do(or want us to do)."

If so, fair enough. I got the information I was seeking.

1 minute ago, SoCalSkins said:

Are you sure you don’t mean syphilis? Advanced stages cause neurological symptoms which would explain some of the posts. Just saying. 😂 

Bro just go to the urgent care and stop telling us your business lol 

You remind me of this dude from Twitter. He had the same symptoms now that I think about it. 

• Haha 3

2 minutes ago, CommanderInTheRye said:

So I can assume that you are indeed convinced that the only reasonable conclusion you can make from the existing facts is that, "any slight lean is just reporting what other teams think we do(or want us to do)."

If so, fair enough. I got the information I was seeking.

If nobody is getting direct info from people inside the Commanders organization (and they've admitted this) then what other conclusion is there? They're either just giving their opinion or they're reporting on the opinions of others who are not in the Commanders organization and not involved in the decision making process.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, illone said:

What would it take for Minnesota to trade up to #2?

11, 23, and Jefferson?

More?

Every pick they have for the next three years and Addison just for me to answer the phone

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, mistertim said:

If nobody is getting direct info from people inside the Commanders organization (and they've admitted this) then what other conclusion is there? They're either just giving their opinion or they're reporting on the opinions of others who are not in the Commanders organization and not involved in the decision making process.

Who are you arguing with?

I conceded the point in the post you quoted.

Further discussion would be fruitless at this point.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, illone said:

11, 23, and Jefferson?

More?

Well with Jefferson I'd say it's "enough" since dude is worth a high first ez, BUT who is throwing to him.  That lessens it a bit for us bc we have no one to throw to him and hurt Vikes bc they have a much weaker weapons list without Jefferson.

It's the NFL equivalent of "The Gift of the Magi."

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Schefter doubling down on Daniels today.  Unlike some here, I do think Schefter likely has some small nugget on this.  I doubt he's just spit balling.

But, I do believe Keim they have a leaning but haven't made up their mind.  So even if Schefter is right today, it won't for sure be right tomorrow.

But unlike some here I got zero angst on this.  Will see.

I’ve resigned myself to Daniels over Maye. Too much smoke. I’m trying to look at the bright sides. 

Also, nowhere has crab cakes that compare to Maryland. 

Lastly, does anyone else see any parallels between Maye and Matt Stafford? Both mobile, big armed gunslingers. Maye is a little bigger and actually was significantly better in college. 

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, illone said:

11, 23, and Jefferson?

More?

You would probably need next year’s 1 as well. AJ Brown was traded for 18 and 100. Dropping from 2 to 11 is steep.

1 minute ago, CommanderInTheRye said:

Who are you arguing with?

I conceded the point in the post you quoted.

Further discussion would be fruitless at this point.

Stop it. You know perfectly well that you were saying what I quoted with some insinuation that being sure that the "only" (your bolded word) explanation is <x> doesn't really make sense. It's like some weird ass passive-aggressive flanking maneuver. Just bypass that nonsense and say you don't really buy it.

• Like 2
  • Thumb up 1

1 minute ago, SoCalSkins said:

You would probably need next year’s 1 as well. AJ Brown was traded for 18 and 100. Dropping from 2 to 11 is steep.

Yep. I’m with that. Might even take a future 1 & 2. 

I think Minny wants Maye. I’d be open for business if the offer is properly structured. 

6 minutes ago, DogofWar1 said:

Well with Jefferson I'd say it's "enough" since dude is worth a high first ez, BUT who is throwing to him.

Either take Penix at 11 or move up to 4/5 for the other JJ.

2 minutes ago, illone said:

Yep. I’m with that. Might even take a future 1 & 2. 

I think Minny wants Maye. I’d be open for business if the offer is properly structured. 

So we roll with Marriotta and hope we get Penix or Nix at 11 or 23? 

I think it was more viable if we hadn’t dumped Howell. I would prefer it over Daniels for sure regardless. 

Just now, mistertim said:

Stop it. You know perfectly well that you were saying what I quoted with some insinuation that being sure that the "only" (your bolded word) explanation is <x> doesn't really make sense. It's like some weird ass passive-aggressive flanking maneuver. Just bypass that nonsense and say you don't really buy it.

No, you're wrong.

What I'm actually saying is a bit more nuanced.

I see no value in a further discussion with someone who can't or won't concede the possibility of another explanation for a particular fact set. 

I simply found out what I needed to know and I chose to direct my attention elsewhere. 

It would be a waste of my time and energy to pursue this topic further, so I won't. 

When I was younger, I would tilt at endless windmills just fir the sport of it, but In my current situation, time and energy are limited resources and I use them judiciously.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Thumb down 1

2 minutes ago, CommanderInTheRye said:

No, you're wrong.

What I'm actually saying is a bit more nuanced.

I see no value in a further discussion with someone who can't or won't concede the possibility of another explanation for a particular fact set. 

I simply found out what I needed to know and I chose to direct my attention elsewhere. 

It would be a waste of my time and energy to pursue this topic further, so I won't. 

When I was younger, I would tilt at endless windmills just fir the sport of it, but In my current situation, time and energy are limited resources and I use them judiciously.

Ah, shifting to the "You don't get it so I'm taking the high road now" tactic. I'll give it a 5.7/10.

5 minutes ago, SoCalSkins said:

So we roll with Marriotta and hope we get Penix or Nix at 11 or 23? 

I think it was more viable if we hadn’t dumped Howell. I would prefer it over Daniels for sure regardless. 

Depends how you grade the QBs. If you grade JJ high then you could move up with Az or Chargers...

Needless to say, I’m willing to bet that there are more than a few teams that grade Daniels much higher than I do 😂

I will just say this much.....new owner, new staff top to bottom. I am quite happy with the TS/SCI coming from our camp. No one knows until we are on the clock (hopefully).

I wanted to keep Howell,  bolster the line and build a stockpile of picks, but they decided that wasn't the right path. I don't have the knowledge to determine the best QB, but if I had to pick the tie breaker it would be Mayes size and weight. RGIII made me gun shy with gazelle leg syndrome. 

Fun times ahead.

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, Anselmheifer said:

I’ve resigned myself to Daniels over Maye. Too much smoke. I’m trying to look at the bright sides. 

Not me.  I think we do it too, but it's a **** up and I'm going into this eyes open.  If we do this and Jayden is skinny Justin Fields and Drake Maye becomes Josh Allen part 2 in New England, Adam Peters's career is over.

• Like 6
  • Thumb up 1