Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official QB Thread- JD5 taken #2. Randall 2.0 or Bayou Bob? Mariotta and Hartman forever. Fromm cut

Koolblue13

16 minutes ago, illone said:

I thought I was all alone on JJ island 🏝️ 

Welcome!

The crying will be temporary. Everyone will quickly assimilate all of our new draft picks. 

I’m all for JJ. I love the way he moves in the pocket. I hope we can trade back 1 spot and get him while adding a third in this and next years draft.

Id be happy with the other guys as well.

Edited by mac8887
  • Like 1
  • Thumb up 1

3 minutes ago, mac8887 said:

Maye had an all American running back, 1 receiver took in the 3rd last year and another going in the 3rd this year.

Tez Walker is not going in the 3rd. He sucks. Drops balls constantly and runs completely **** routes. All he has is speed, nothing else.

• Like 2

Just now, mistertim said:

Tez Walker is not going in the 3rd. He sucks. Drops balls constantly and runs completely **** routes. All he has is speed, nothing else.

He might fall past the 3rd, but a lot of people have him going in the 3rd. UNC has a pretty good TE as well but I don’t think he declared

8 minutes ago, mac8887 said:

I’m all for JJ. I love the way he moves in the pocket. I hope we can trade back 1 spot and get him while adding a third in this and next years draft.

This is where it gets complicated. 

You cant move back past 4 if he is the guy. 

AZ isnt trading up, they are trading down if anything, so in order to make this happen you need a 3rd team involved. 

Minnesota perhaps?  Have a feeling they might covet Maye. 

If GMAP pulls JJ + extra picks as a first year GM he will win exec of the year 😂

If you cant navigate to #3 or #4 then I think you just turn in his name at #2. 

7 minutes ago, mistertim said:

This seems legit to me. 

Dyami Brown was a much better prospect coming out of UNC. 

So was Downs. 

Id be shocked if Tez was taken higher than those guys especially in a WR heavy draft class. 

Edited by illone
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, illone said:

This is where it gets complicated. 

You cant move back past 4 if he is the guy. 

AZ isnt trading up, they are trading down if anything, so in order to make this happen you need a 3rd team involved. 

Minnesota perhaps?  Have a feeling they might covet Maye. 

If GMAP pulls JJ + extra picks as a first year GM he will win exec of the year 😂

If you cant navigate to #3 or #4 then I think you just turn in his name at #2. 

I can get behind taking him at #2. Though I think a trade back 1 spot to NE should be able to be made if they really like Drake or Jayden. 

0.17-0.25 you get to see Drake do his Jayden Daniels impression 

Edited by mac8887
  • Like 1

Keep in mind Tez was out the first 6 games.  And as has been mentioned he's really not all that good.  He's fast, yay.  He was also part of a unit that iirc had like an 8% drop rate.

Also keep in mind that UNC's defense was pretty bad, 74th in points allowed (27.1 per game).  So as great as their running back was, he's not gonna get that team to victory alone, with that many points against it's always gonna fall to the passing game.

JD's LSU was 80th in points allowed, 27.8, but given his weapons in the passing game it's a lot easier for JD overall.

Maye had it the hardest by several country miles.  We can admit that and still find reasons to support the other guys.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, mistertim said:

One of the talking heads was asked about him after Maye's pro day and he didn't seem to think he was much of a prospect at all.

He specifically mentioned how bad his hands were compared to the LSU receivers the previous day.

Whereas the LSU contingent could extend their hands and easily catch balls, even if they were slightly off target, Walker was more of a body catcher who needed the ball within his frame to secure it properly.

All in all it left me more impressed with Maye for overcoming a significant talent deficit with his pass catchers.

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, DogofWar1 said:

Keep in mind Tez was out the first 6 games.  And as has been mentioned he's really not all that good.  He's fast, yay.  He was also part of a unit that iirc had like an 8% drop rate.

Also keep in mind that UNC's defense was pretty bad, 74th in points allowed (27.1 per game).  So as great as their running back was, he's not gonna get that team to victory alone, with that many points against it's always gonna fall to the passing game.

JD's LSU was 80th in points allowed, 27.8, but given his weapons in the passing game it's a lot easier for JD overall.

Maye had it the hardest by several country miles.  We can admit that and still find reasons to support the other guys.

I agree that Maye definitely had the weaker team around himself, but he also played much weaker competition. I’m not sure how easy it would be to take both of these into account to be able to decide who had it the hardest. I wish we got to see Drake play Florida State.

Edited by mac8887
  • Like 1

25 minutes ago, DogofWar1 said:

JJ's a late riser.  He might be good, he has a decent amount of things going for him, but he's untested.  He's lived a charmed college life.  At times he's been a passenger in Jim Harbaugh's car.

Does that mean he can't succeed?  No, he very well might, but I'd be concerned about the lack of adversity.

When you win everywhere you go that can be charming. And you have been tested by everybody that is somebody in College football Big Ten, Bama, Wash this last year.  H.S. St. champ, Nat champ. He has been driving his own car after making good decisions.  J.D. is the riser on the strength of 2 top 15 players in the draft at WR after 5 years to get there. Maye came back to earth this past year.

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 1

Im back from 9 days in Europe where I made an oath not to check this board while on vacation with the fam. What did I miss?  Agreement all around on everything?

I did listen to most of my normal podcasts. 

Here’s my prediction sure to go wrong: The Vikings are going to find a way to get McCarthy.  

We’re drafting Maye or Daniels.  

I think if we draft Maye there’s a likelihood the Vikings trade to #3 or 5 to get McCarthy.  I could see NE taking him over Daniels.  

If we take Daniels, I think NE will take Maye and then it’s a no brainer the Vikings are going to move up to 5 to get McCarthy. 

I feel certain McCarthy is going to the Vikings.  The Raiders really want Daniels.  I’d like to see that happen too.  Good match on both sides.  

• Like 9
  • Thumb up 1

6 minutes ago, DogofWar1 said:

ACC defenses are soft, not sure he had it the hardest.  

JD might have had a tougher time since his defense was putrid and he played an SEC schedule, but even the SEC has been down the past few years. 

Could also make a case for JJ since he faced stronger defenses week in week out.  

If I had to rank the conferences by best defense overall, I’d probably say big ten, sec, acc, big 12/pac 12.  

very tough question to answer since none of these QBs played common opponents…

2 minutes ago, illone said:

JD might have had a tougher time since his defense was putrid and he played an SEC schedule, but even the SEC has been down the past few years. 

Could also make a case for JJ since he faced stronger defenses week in week out.  

If I had to rank the conferences by best defense overall, I’d probably say big ten, sec, acc, big 12/pac 12.  

ACC defense is single ply soft, especially since if you remove Florida State. FSU had playmakers on d but UNC hasn’t played them for the last 2 years.

14 minutes ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

made an oath not to check this board while on vacation with the fam

I will be there in 3 weeks. Leave for the Keys the Friday after the first round of the draft. I might pop in since it is an exciting time for the team. But I wont be spending very much time worrying about it. 

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 1

11 minutes ago, illone said:

UNC's defense was pretty putrid as well. IIRC they were ranked somewhere around 95th as far as total defense and LSU was ranked around 105th.

They both sucked.

9 minutes ago, mac8887 said:

ACC defense is single ply soft, especially since if you remove Florida State. FSU had playmakers on d but UNC hasn’t played them for the last 2 years.

FSU defense was legit. Seemed a cut above clemsons D which resolved Maye twice. 

would have loved to see that matchup at least once. Especially w fsu at full strength. But alas the football gods would not allow it. 

Just now, illone said:

I mean, doesn't matter how soft a defense is, unless they're literally 8 year olds.  Maye can't do it himself and the running back isn't gonna get 400 yards and 5 TDs by himself, at least not 13 games a year.  You still got college age dudes tryna tackle you and offensive skill players who are really just not that good and an Oline that can't pass block, while also needing to throw probably 300 yards and a couple TDs to have a good shot at winning.

I don't wanna **** on UNC too hard, but like, Nabers + BTJr is a combo that would be a better 1/2 duo than most NFL teams have atm, those 2 are men among boys.  I give JD credit precisely because when he had a great team he balled out; he did what he needed to do given the talent he was provided.

• Thumb down 1

1 hour ago, mac8887 said:

Maye had an all American running back, 1 receiver took in the 3rd last year and another going in the 3rd this year.

I think you are going down the wrong path if you want to bring Maye down a peg.

Arguing his supporting cast was plenty good enough is a tough road that few would go on including his critics.

But to play along, Josh Downs who was a third rounder 2 years ago and would be at best the #3 WR at LSU last year -- Maye had a monster year with him. 

Walker IMO isn't as good but even if he were he missed some of last season.  What stud RB are you thinking Maye has had?

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Like 3

7 minutes ago, mistertim said:

UNC's defense was pretty putrid as well. IIRC they were ranked somewhere around 95th as far as total defense and LSU was ranked around 105th.

They both sucked.

LSU was a turnstyle, but neither were as putrid as USC 😂. Holy cow that defense was the worst I’ve ever seen. They brought in Lynn before the bowl game and tackled better but LSU and USC “overs” were $$$ all year. 

2 hours ago, FlyBigBeard said:

Can't wait for the crying when we take him at #2 for the people that haven't looked into the numbers/ analytics of JJ. He is the real deal. Every bit as good as Daniels and Maye. He will look good in #8 

What if he wants to wear number 10 but RG3 doesn't give him permission?

• Haha 3

1 minute ago, HoggLife said:

What if he wants to wear number 10 but RG3 doesn't give him permission?

Good one. Fans here on this board have more power than RG3 does. 

I hereby grant him permission to wear #10 if he wants it. He will probably go #8. 

😂😂

8 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

What stud RB are you thinking Maye has had?

https://goheels.com/news/2023/12/6/football-hampton-named-to-the-2023-cbs-sports-all-america-team

Photo by: Jeffrey A. Camarati

Hampton Named To Multiple All-America Teams

CHAPEL HILL, N.C. - North Carolina running back Omarion Hampton picked up his ninth All-America award today.

Over the course of the last week, Hampton has been named a first team Walter Camp All-American and a second-team All-American on the American Football Coaches Association, Associated Press, ESPN, Fox Sports, Sports Illustrated, CBS Sports/247Sports and Sporting News lists. He was also named to the College Football News All-American Honorable Mention team.

The Clayton, N.C. product recorded seven 100-yard games this season and was named the Atlantic Coast Conference running back of the week four times.

Nationally, Hampton ranks fourth in the FBS in rushing yards (1,442) and yards per game (120.17), eighth in rushing touchdowns (15) and ninth in the country with 19.50 rushing attempts per game.

In the ACC, Hampton ended the regular season leading the conference in rushing attempts (234), yards (1,442), touchdowns (15), attempts per game (19.5) and yards per game (120.7).

Entering the Duke's Mayo Bowl, Hampton currently ranks third in North Carolina history with 1,442 yards in a single season while his 15 rushing touchdowns rank fifth in UNC history.

2024 NFL Draft: The top-10 running back prospects if everyone in college football was eligible

https://www.pff.com/news/draft-2024-nfl-draft-the-top-10-running-back-prospects-if-everyone-in-college-football-was-eligible

3. OMARION HAMPTON, NORTH CAROLINA, 2025

There are three running backs in the 2025 NFL Draft who’d be the top back in this year’s class. That’s a product of the 2024 class being subpar at the position while next year’s looks absolutely loaded.

Hampton had a massive breakout season as a sophomore, leading the nation with 1,072 yards after contact. Like Gordon, Hampton’s production came behind an offensive line that was outside of the top 100 in PFF run-blocking grade (101st). 

Hampton has a great combination of size and speed at 6-foot, 220 pounds who can run in the 4.4’s for the 40-yard dash, according to head coach Mack Brown. In our interview with him, he went on to say, “Our linebackers and defensive backs don’t want to tackle him in practice. It’s a problem.”

Luckily for Brown, UNC’s opposing defenses share that same dilemma.

Edited by Dah-Dee

5 minutes ago, illone said:

LSU was a turnstyle, but neither were as putrid as USC 😂. Holy cow that defense was the worst I’ve ever seen. They brought in Lynn before the bowl game and tackled better but LSU and USC “overs” were $$$ all year. 

Oh my god. I remember watching a USC game and wondering if the real players had gone on strike or something and they had recruited sophomores from a local high school. It was so bad.  :ols:

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, illone said:

I thought I was all alone on JJ island 🏝️ 

Welcome!

The crying will be temporary. Everyone will quickly assimilate all of our new draft picks. 

I touted JJ pretty early during the college season.  I wouldn't hate it.  I'd be slightly dissapointed because I think he's the lesser of those three prospects.  But I like his floor.

Having said that, JJ to the Commanders feels so 8 days ago :ols:.  It had a little life. For a few days. 

Then it got shot down by so many including some local and national reporters I trust, that i think the ones who are going to be dissappointed are the ones hoping that there is life to that story. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Dah-Dee said:

https://goheels.com/news/2023/12/6/football-hampton-named-to-the-2023-cbs-sports-all-america-team

Photo by: Jeffrey A. Camarati

Hampton Named To Multiple All-America Teams

CHAPEL HILL, N.C. - North Carolina running back Omarion Hampton picked up his ninth All-America award today.

Over the course of the last week, Hampton has been named a first team Walter Camp All-American and a second-team All-American on the American Football Coaches Association, Associated Press, ESPN, Fox Sports, Sports Illustrated, CBS Sports/247Sports and Sporting News lists. He was also named to the College Football News All-American Honorable Mention team.

The Clayton, N.C. product recorded seven 100-yard games this season and was named the Atlantic Coast Conference running back of the week four times.

Nationally, Hampton ranks fourth in the FBS in rushing yards (1,442) and yards per game (120.17), eighth in rushing touchdowns (15) and ninth in the country with 19.50 rushing attempts per game.

In the ACC, Hampton ended the regular season leading the conference in rushing attempts (234), yards (1,442), touchdowns (15), attempts per game (19.5) and yards per game (120.7).

Entering the Duke's Mayo Bowl, Hampton currently ranks third in North Carolina history with 1,442 yards in a single season while his 15 rushing touchdowns rank fifth in UNC history.

2024 NFL Draft: The top-10 running back prospects if everyone in college football was eligible

https://www.pff.com/news/draft-2024-nfl-draft-the-top-10-running-back-prospects-if-everyone-in-college-football-was-eligible

3. OMARION HAMPTON, NORTH CAROLINA, 2025

There are three running backs in the 2025 NFL Draft who’d be the top back in this year’s class. That’s a product of the 2024 class being subpar at the position while next year’s looks absolutely loaded.

Hampton had a massive breakout season as a sophomore, leading the nation with 1,072 yards after contact. Like Gordon, Hampton’s production came behind an offensive line that was outside of the top 100 in PFF run-blocking grade (101st). 

Hampton has a great combination of size and speed at 6-foot, 220 pounds who can run in the 4.4’s for the 40-yard dash, according to head coach Mack Brown. In our interview with him, he went on to say, “Our linebackers and defensive backs don’t want to tackle him in practice. It’s a problem.”

Luckily for Brown, UNC’s opposing defenses share that same dilemma.

Very good year last year, not much the year before.  the year Maye had a monster season, RBs were just OK.

The offense was on his back.  He had multiple good receivers in 2022, not great receivers like LSU but good ones and he put up monster stats.

• Haha 1