Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official QB Thread- JD5 taken #2. Randall 2.0 or Bayou Bob? Mariotta and Hartman forever. Fromm cut

Koolblue13

6 minutes ago, WashingtonRedWolves said:

Yep we’re definitely trading up for caleb now IMO. Trade might already be in the works/close to completed. That’s why fields is still a bear

Yeah I kinda think this is what’s happening, the Bears only have a few picks with 2 being in the top 10, I think Poles (specially if they keep Fields) played his hand very well and will get a kings ransom for the #1 (which seems in all likely hood) to be us… they have several holes to fill now as well like a WR (which we know they’re grab MHJ) I think if they don’t trade fields and they trade to us or anyone else the #1 they never had any intention of getting rid of Fields and/or drafting Williams, a great sell job by Poles… 

• Thumb up 1

Just now, Skinsinparadise said:

Keim who did strike again here. As I mentioned this week he thought Howell was more likely to be traded than not has also now pushed multiple times trading back into the first for a LT.

Keim is no genius for seeing a Howell trade. We could all pretty much see that coming.

However, great point re the trade up. If we stay at #2, the day 2 picks provide great ammo to jump back up for an OT. Good point.

1 minute ago, mistertim said:

"GIVE UP WHATEVER IT TAKES TO GET CALEB! HE WILL WIN SUPERBOWLS. HE WILL. I KNOW."   -  Est.1974

"Bro, why are you so obsessed with one QB option?"  -  Also Es.1974

Such a dumb post :)

4 minutes ago, Est.1974 said:

With Peters in charge that’s a good trade. He will see that extra value in picking higher. Perhaps the board has a real sweet spot through round 3. 

The third round in theory looks great for several spots.

I know u think they are gearing up to trade up to number 1. I doubt that but am cool with it if it happens but it feels like the more likely scenario is a trade up in the first for a LT. Wondering about Fashanu who seems to be dropping in mocks. 

Edited by Skinsinparadise

Just now, Skinsinparadise said:

Yhe third round in theory looks great for several spots.

I know u think they are gearing up to trade up to number 1. I doubt that but am cool with it if it happens but it feels like the more likely scenario is a trade up in the first for a LT. Wondering about Fashanu who seems to be dropping in mocks. 

I do think we are stacking up for the move to #1.

However, I can totally see other outcomes :cheers:

Just now, mistertim said:

Only if you take it too seriously.

Yeah, should always lighten up around here :)

3 minutes ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

I like Keim too.

But honestly, I think you're either his wife or his agent.  

I think he’s actually Keim.

Just now, Est.1974 said:

I do think we are stacking up for the move to #1.

However, I can totally see other outcomes :cheers:

But why would the Bears do that trade? If our FO sees Caleb as a generational talent and way ahead of the other two, then I'd have to assume that the Bears FO does as well. 

• Like 1

It's possible stacking these picks frees Peters up to trade the 2025 1st rounder if he wants to move up to 1 this year.

Aka - if you trade back up to the 1st this year for your LT, you can trade next year's 1 to move up to 1OA this year for QB. Still able to use two 1st rounders in two years on QB and LT, just in the same draft.  

• Like 1

But why would the Bears do that trade? If our FO sees Caleb as a generational talent and way ahead of the other two, then I'd have to assume that the Bears FO does as well. 

I always think its possible that someone outsmarts themselves and thinks they can get enough value to make the next guy work. 

But ultimately you are right. If they guy is so good, he's going to the Bears. Its that simple. 

Just now, CapsSkins said:

It's possible stacking these picks frees Peters up to trade the 2025 1st rounder if he wants to move up to 1 this year.

Aka - if you trade back up to the 1st this year for your LT, you can trade next year's 1 to move up to 1OA this year for QB. Still able to use two 1st rounders in two years on QB and LT, just in the same draft.  

Peters is going to make a noise. He’s doing that in FA. He’s going to do the same in the draft. Buckle up.

• Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

1 minute ago, Est.1974 said:

Keim is no genius for seeing a Howell trade. We could all pretty much see that coming.

Keim isn’t about being some genius who spitballs his opinion and takes wild guesses.

He’s about what he thinks they will do based on what he hears. Not his opinion. 

And his track record on this is superb. So whenever I guess what they are going to do my best shot is what he says. Simple as that. 

I trust his tea leaves about what they are going to do versus my gut or your gut or name that person here. He’s not always right but he’s pretty darn close to it 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, mistertim said:

When he bothers to visit them and provide medical records to them, I’ll back off with my obsession :ols:

I don't get the people who think this move means we're trading up.  I don't see how the two are connected at all.

At the VERY VERY least, a trade up from #2 to #1 is going to take a 2024 2nd and 3rd and a 2025 first.  There is no question the 2025 first is a bare minimum.  And the reason why is somebody who doesn't have the #2 pick would offer it to move from 3+ to get to #1.  

This trade doesn't change any of that. The Bears are not going to move back because we trade them a 2 and two 3's.  

I don't read ANYTHING into this trade other than they wanted a veteran backup for a rookie QB, and they could get a good value for Howell, who now has a chance to compete for a job and play.  

That's it.  

Just like I said when they signed Mariota, I didn't rad anything into that move either other than they wanted a vet, and they got one they are familiar with.  

If you HAVE to extrapolate "meaning" into this, I think the easiest thing to extrapolate is they didn't want Howell and Maye together because it would be bad juju for the team, so they erased that possibility early. 

I personally don't even believe that.  

I STILL think there's a 75% chance we take Maye because he's got a Herbert level ceiling, and Daniels does not have a Lamar level ceiling.  But that's based on my evaluation.  I could be wrong.  

But I don't think either signing Mariota or trading Howell really has anything to do with any of that at all.  

• Like 4
  • Thumb up 1

1 minute ago, Est.1974 said:

When he bothers to visit them and provide medical records to them, I’ll back off with my obsession :ols:

So you think he was lying through his teeth when he said he'd be happy playing for the Bears if they draft him?

Edited by mistertim

2 minutes ago, CapsSkins said:

Interesting concept, but I can see this.

Trade #2, #78 and 2025 1st for #1 and Caleb Williams

Trade #36 and #40 to move up to #20 or so, and grab a top tier OT.

Get QB and OT and still hold picks #67 and #100 in R3. BUT

I do think we have more needs and depth and youth to add.

Which means I think we stay at #2 and if anything, use #67 to maneuver up from #36 to get into the 20's for an OT.

So if you can stomach Maye/Daniels as our future QB, you can still get your franchise LT and QB and still #40, #78, #100

• Like 1

Just now, Est.1974 said:

Why do you keep going :ols:

Move on, we disagree :cheers:

I just want you to answer the question. He was asked about this point blank. And he said he'd be happy playing for the Bears if they drafted him. Do you think he was simply flat out lying, yes or no?

Just now, Voice_of_Reason said:

I don't get the people who think this move means we're trading up.  I don't see how the two are connected at all.

Think people are predicting we'll draft a QB at #2 and then trade up for a Tackle. 

I just want you to answer the question. He was asked about this point blank. And he said he'd be happy playing for the Bears if they drafted him. Do you think he was simply flat out lying, yes or no?

Yes